ADVERTISEMENT

Clarion

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
It is obviously a down year for Clarion, our next opponent. They sport a 1-15 record this year and were shut out by Pitt in their last match 0-51. Pitt recorded 7 falls.

Wrestlers who were in the last match listed below:

125 Hunter Jones
133 Matthew Liggett
141 Sam Sherlock
149 Brodie Zacherl
157 Evan DeLong
165 Slade Horner
174 Michael Pavasko
184 Daniel Sutherland
197 Ryan Darch or Dustin Conti
285 Joshua Davis

I did not mean to discourage anyone coming to the match tonight and now andegre has posted the lineups including common opponents and rankings and it does appear it could be a shut out. I am going and I know mrsokstatefan is going as anytime I can see OK State wrestle it is good. This match should give our wrestlers a tune up for Sunday.

Clarion @ OSU

No. 7 Oklahoma State 46, Clarion 0

[/B]February 13, 2015 :: Gallagher-Iba Arena :: Attendance - 2,025[/I]

125: No. 9 Eddie Klimara (OSU) TF5 Hunter Jones (CLA), 16-1
133: Gary Wayne Harding (OSU) MD Matt Liggett (CLA), 18-4
141: No. 15 Dean Heil (OSU) TF5 John Pezze (CLA), 15-0
149: No. 4 Josh Kindig (OSU) TF5 Brodie Zacherl (CLA), 22-5
157: No. 18 Anthony Collica (OSU) MD Evan DeLong (CLA), 14-5
165: No. 1 Alex Dieringer (OSU) fall Slade Horner (CLA), 4:26
174: No. 11 Kyle Crutchmer (OSU) dec. Michael Pavasko (CLA), 9-5
184: No. 18 Nolan Boyd (OSU) TF5 Daniel Sutherland (CLA), 17-2
197: Luke Bean (OSU) dec. Ryan Darch (CLA), 13-6
285: No. 5 Austin Marsden (OSU) fall Josh Davis (CLA), 1:30

Re: Clarion @ OSU

Sparse crowd last night for this dual but I expect a large crowd for Penn St. A couple of our former wrestlers (Chris Perry and Tyler Caldwell) have been beating the bushes (bars and student hangouts drumming up support from students for this match. I hope we can sell out at least the lower half of the arena for the match. I understand there will be lots of 5 dollar tickets sold. I am for giving them away to get students to this match.

As far as the dual last night I am pretty sure I will be watching a couple of teams today at Dual State that could give Clarion a good match. I hate to see a program so down. The future does not look bright for the Golden Eagles.

I agree Obe, hate to see a program fall so far, I've heard they are looking at dropping to D2.

Building bonus points was easy for Oklahoma State with Clarion having no ranked wrestlers and having only three wrestlers sporting winning records. With the Cowboys out-matching the Golden Eagles, OSU's wrestlers prevented an offensive point in the dual and scored a total of 42 takedowns.

lots of pictures

Pokes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT