ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam

I liked the fire Boyd came out with, but I'm not a big fan of his crab/ side headlock ride/pullback maneuver. He got himself in trouble with it a few times last year and again today.

Wasn't Colica too small for 141 last year? How is he going to compete at 157?

If I understand correctly he actually pulled last year was out muscled due to pull and he gained weight and height in the offseason.

I really like how Heil and Boyd attacked their opponents. 133 and 174 still seem to be big question marks.

I'm really excited about Heill, he just at takes from the get go. I am more worried about 33 than 74. I would like to know how Harding compares to the other 33s, there are some hammers coming at that weight in the future. I am not sure shirting him is doing him much good.

garcia weighed in, was introduced, and was ready to wrestle yesterday. it seemed to me that the coaches waited to the last minute before sending out crutchmer at 133.

My guess on Garcia after watching him in 3=4 matches in tournaments is that he maybe marginally better than Crutchmer but he is not the answer IMO. Gary Wayne Harding I understand will do what the coach wants but he really does not want to come out of redshirt and needs a redshirt year in the room. John will decide and he may get frustrated enough to pull him out but he is not head and shoulders above the others at this point.

As far as Chandler Rogers coming out of redshirt I do not believe it would be at 174. I have no inside information but if they were toying with the idea of pulling him out of redshirt I think it might have been at 157. He was at 160 in high school last year and does not look bigger-just an opinion on my part.

Bedlam replay

i turned on the DVR and watched the dual again tonight...

Lee Roy Smith is a great pbp announcer.
[/I]
go Pokes !!!

CR was at 170 in HS, but this past summer he wrestled 163 for freestyle. 6 is a lot to lose when it's the last six, but I have no clue what he walks around at.

Dropping chandler rogers to 57 doesn't make much sense. I think we committed to Collica when we dropped his redshirt. Plus why take a year of Rogers eligibility when we aren't in the championship mix. Drastic things would have to happen for us to be in the mix. I think it is a shame when Pen. St. surrenders the year and we don't have a team to challenge. I think the reason is the results of our recruiting class from 3 years ago. They have not performed as expected and the results is we have a much weaker team than you would expect. I see not enough strength at too many weight classes which I see as 33,57,74, 84 and 97. Now we could really develop at 1 or 2 of these weights and surprise all American but I as I indicated would be surprised. Also 25 and 41 is a long shot to all American but better chances than those 5 other weight classes. That leaves 49, 65 and HWT and besides Dieringer I don't see a sure high placer. Hopefully after Reno we look a lot better. For us to challenge next year we need Harding, Marsteller, and Rogers to really develop and the other starters to do the same. We need Marsteller to be the star he was thought to be for us to challenge the next year. Right now that looks very questionable.

If Marsteller can turn it around during his RS, and we've already seen some flashes of his talent in the opens he's won, and can have current starters try to improve a little bit, Okie State will have a pretty good team next year, certainly enough to contend with other top teams next year.

125 Klimara
133 Harding
141 Heil
149 Collica
157 Masteller
165 C. Rogers
174 Dieringer
184 Boyd
197 Shafer
285 Marsden

Not too shabby.

ADVERTISEMENT