ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam

Mrgrapple

2nd Team
Sep 8, 2006
Should be a great match this Sunday. We are favored at 149, 165, 184. They are favored at 141 and hwt. The rest are basically toss ups. We are slight favorites at several of these weights. I look for another Cowboy victory. GO POKES BEAT OU.

OU has been really bad at 125. I would think we are a pretty big favorite there.

If Plott goes I'm really interested to see how he does against Mantanona. Mantanona has talent but he has lost to anyone half way decent he has faced this year.

Really curious for AJ/Woodley.

Would like to see Witcraft bounce back this weekend. He beat Madrigal last year and Madrigal seems to be struggling a bit.

Hone not giving up anything funky to Demas will be important too. He has done a good job in the past keeping it close.

Last edited:
OU has been really bad at 125. I would think we are a pretty big favorite there.

If Plott goes I'm really interested to see how he does against Mantanona. Mantanona has talent but he has lost to anyone half way decent he has faced this year.

Would like to see Witcraft bounce back this weekend. He beat Madrigal last year and Madrigal seems to be struggling a bit.

Hone not giving up anything funky to Demas will be important too. He has done a good job in the past keeping it close.
Are we sure it is going to be Hone? Any chance Gfeller can get to 141?

Agree

Mantanona is dangerous, but he's had gas tank issues in the past. I like Plott here, I think he keeps the pace high and pulls away.

I think Witcraft has been weighing in @ 25 and wrestling 33, so that's probably a toss up match. Otherwise I'd give Reece the edge.

Wittlake needs to bonus. Would be nice if Mastro did too.

Good test for AJ

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Are we sure it is going to be Hone? Any chance Gfeller can get to 141?

No idea honestly. I just assume Hone is the guy. Even if G could get down I probably trust Hone more in a matchup with Demas but what do I know.

Reactions: osu2082
No idea honestly. I just assume Hone is the guy. Even if G could get down I probably trust Hone more in a matchup with Demas but what do I know.
I agree that it is most likely Hone. I have no idea if G can get to 141. Hone is probably more consistent but G has a higher ceiling.

So theres a possibility we lose to those bastards? I never even considered that.

It is definitely possible. IMO, OU would have to wrestle well above what they have this year and we would have to have our worst showing. But it could happen.

Since Rosselli has been there OU has only managed to win more than 2 individual matches against us once, last year when they won 3. Rosselli's efforts against OSU thus far have been pretty terrible.

Wittlake needs to bonus. Would be nice if Mastro did too.

Good test for AJ
I totally agree with Wittlake. He has been in control of every match this year but lacks the killer instinct to put guys away.
I was encouraged how Mastro finished the isu match. He finally showed some offensive aggression in the third period and in SV and looked good in doing it. Maybe the light has come on in his progression as a college wrestler.

So theres a possibility we lose to those bastards? I never even considered that.

I strongly favor OU in these two.
33- withcraft is a 125 pounder
57- sheets isn’t 100 percent

I am not sure about these two.
74- I want to say plott but this is bedlam
97- Woolley lost to Adams of wvu 3-2 this year so he’s right there

I strongly favor OU in these two.
33- withcraft is a 125 pounder
57- sheets isn’t 100 percent

I am not sure about these two.
74- I want to say plott but this is bedlam
97- Woolley lost to Adams of wvu 3-2 this year so he’s right there
For the team's sake I hope they send out Woolley but I'm sure AJ wants to face Woodley. ;)

Reactions: thompsonja
Coach Smith seems to love Hone.
It’s easy to see why; although he’s not the most talented, the kid is a grinder and gives it everything he’s got. Not to mention, he stays within his abilities. He’s easy to root for.

It would be great to see Gfeller get it straightened out. For whatever reason that seems like a longer term project.

Woodley loss in OT to ASU and by 1 to WV and I think he also loss by 5 to SDS. Will be the biggest test for AJ so far. Fix out and Sheets not 100% is a good break for the Sooners in our first meeting. Pretty sure Mantanona has a losing record this season but he was ranked in the top ten earlier.

Does anyone know if there will be a way to watch Bedlam? I realize OU is behind the times low tech school but surely someone can get some technology in there and broadcast the event. ;_;

is it OK to say OU sucks on this forum? :(

Well I have no objection.

Plus smashing the Sooners signals the same to prospective recruits. They got a verbal from John Wiley recently and Rylan Rogers spent a week training there last fall (Rogers left Blair and transferred back out west). Hopefully Jordan Williams is watching.

Last edited:
If you have directv I think you can watch it. Hopefully they don't black it out where I live
Its not a DirectTV thing the regional FSs are on a lot of services Dish, Hulu, Sling, FoxSport app etc. But if only on FS OK then there are a lot of areas outside OK where you can't get it. :(

Its not a DirectTV thing the regional FSs are on a lot of services Dish, Hulu, Sling, FoxSport app etc. But if only on FS OK then there are a lot of areas outside OK where you can't get it. :(
Exactly they only allow you to get your regional FS.

Not on YouTube tv then I guess.

197 gets zero respect just because there isn't the one super star or because Adams doesn't wrestle for penn state or iowa. But the big 12 is absolutely loaded at 197. As a whole the weight is very good. Adams, AJ, and Sloan could all win it this year. If Amos was wrestling he'd be right there too.
It makes since tho, AJ and Amos were the top guys p4p since like their sophmore years so the weight will get more attention in the future. Unless both get to big which is possible.

197 gets zero respect just because there isn't the one super star or because Adams doesn't wrestle for penn state or iowa. But the big 12 is absolutely loaded at 197. As a whole the weight is very good. Adams, AJ, and Sloan could all win it this year. If Amos was wrestling he'd be right there too.
It makes since tho, AJ and Amos were the top guys p4p since like their sophmore years so the weight will get more attention in the future. Unless both get to big which is possible.

At U23s, Sloan beat Adams @ 97 kg and Woodley beat Warner @ 92 kg. So the top 3 guys were from the Big12.

97 will get tougher too. Yonger from ISU will get better once he learns folkstyle and improves his gas tank. NCSt has a good one in Trumble. UNC has Lautt (Trumble beat Lautt last year and Lautt beat Kyle Haas). Besides Amos next year, we'll see Darmstadt back at Cornell and Brucki will be at Michigan. Cornell even has a terrific backup 97 in Cardenas, who seems like a great transfer target for someone.

At U23s, Sloan beat Adams @ 97 kg and Woodley beat Warner @ 92 kg. So the top 3 guys were from the Big12.

97 will get tougher too. Yonger from ISU will get better once he learns folkstyle and improves his gas tank. NCSt has a good one in Trumble. UNC has Lautt (Trumble beat Lautt last year and Lautt beat Kyle Haas). Besides Amos next year, we'll see Darmstadt back at Cornell and Brucki will be at Michigan. Cornell even has a terrific backup 97 in Cardenas, who seems like a great transfer target for someone.
Speaking of 197 Wrassler, Buchanan of Wyoming just beat Adams of West Virginia getting 2 takedowns in the last 30 seconds tp win by one ( like 8 to 7). The dual is in Wyoming so adjusting to altitude can be hard for Adams. 197 at the Big 12 and with the remaining Cowboy duals will be a very strong and interesting weight class

Speaking of 197 Wrassler, Buchanan of Wyoming just beat Adams of West Virginia getting 2 takedowns in the last 30 seconds tp win by one ( like 8 to 7). The dual is in Wyoming so adjusting to altitude can be hard for Adams. 197 at the Big 12 and with the remaining Cowboy duals will be a very strong and interesting weight class
And then Buchanan pinned in his next match against Norfleet, guess Norfleet didn't want to take a chance in that 6+ minute zone at altitude.

I just set up the Fox sports go app on my Roku here in Ohio, using my buddy’s information I have FS Oklahoma available to me, hopefully other out of state fans can find a log in to support!

I just set up the Fox sports go app on my Roku here in Ohio, using my buddy’s information I have FS Oklahoma available to me, hopefully other out of state fans can find a log in to support!
Please post your buddies info here:

thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY45 and DPJ
Should be a great match this Sunday. We are favored at 149, 165, 184. They are favored at 141 and hwt. The rest are basically toss ups. We are slight favorites at several of these weights. I look for another Cowboy victory. GO POKES BEAT OU.

I can find womens basketball everywhere on the Dish Guide. I don't believe more people would wanna watch that than bedlam wrestling.

I can find womens basketball everywhere on the Dish Guide. I don't believe more people would wanna watch that than bedlam wrestling.
Have to assume OU is too embarrassed to broadcast their product, you'd just wish than John could convince them for the sake of the sport. :(

And we don't even have 93.7 radio :( do any with video know if its started?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT