ADVERTISEMENT

Whiskey & Bourbon Collectors/Aficionados....

I have a knob creek single barrel 9 (120 proof). It is good but I would rather have a 1.75L of the standard 9 for the price. The 1.75 might actually be cheaper.

That Parkhill bottle may be a single barrel store pick. Worth the price. I bought 2 when I was there a few weekends ago.
I didn’t think it was but I may not have been paying close enough attention. I was waiting for the guy to get the Balvenie bottle out of the case.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
I’ll be placing another order of Blantons Gold soon for folks in DFW. Comes in from Denmark and is $195 shipped to my place. Let me know if anyone wants a bottle.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
I still have 2 Balvenie 12s in my closet, just don’t smoke cigars as often as I used to.
Oddly enough, I’m just the opposite.

The Balvenie 15 Single Barrel is delicious. Same underlying character, but richer, spicier, dried fruit tones, more oak (of course).

For you scotch drinkers … I’m curious when and if we’ll see any price relief, since the tariffs have been rolled back.

Just won a huge raffle on the main board.
6 bottle winner take all. $125 per spot.

Stagg Jr. batch 12
Weller 12 1 liter
Old Forrester Single Barrel
EH Taylor Small Batch
EH Taylor Straight Rye
EH Taylor Single Barrel

jPb4rkfl.jpg

I won a smaller one as well with the same number.
Orphan Barrel Copper Tongue 16 year.
C2-B694-BA-5-C6-B-45-E1-9-C21-FB3-EE65908-D3.jpg

Just won a huge raffle on the main board.
6 bottle winner take all. $125 per spot.

Stagg Jr. batch 12
Weller 12 1 liter
Old Forrester Single Barrel
EH Taylor Small Batch
EH Taylor Straight Rye
EH Taylor Single Barrel

jPb4rkfl.jpg

I won a smaller one as well with the same number.
Orphan Barrel Copper Tongue 16 year.
C2-B694-BA-5-C6-B-45-E1-9-C21-FB3-EE65908-D3.jpg
You should probably start playing Powerball regularly.

Have any of your tried the Henry McKenna 10 year? Going down some rabbit holes and it seems to win lots of blind tastings.

Yeah I have. Very good stuff. I think I have 1 bottle left of it and am saving it.

Is it another $40 bottle that’s now $100?

When it first started getting the accolades 2-3 years ago I could find it all around town pretty easily.

I haven’t seen a bottle on the shelf in at least 18, perhaps 24, months. Granted, I’m not regularly shipping big stores in Denver, but it got a lot harder to find in my corner of the world.

Reactions: OSUIvan
Is it another $40 bottle that’s now $100?

I like it. I've found the quality can swing greatly from bottle to bottle (more than most single barrels IMO). Not something I would pay over MRSP for.

by the way Branson MO is a hot spot for this stuff. I don't really drink this stuff but due to this thread I always look now when in a liquor store. They had a lot of this stuff and the really high up stuff that runs 150 - 200 a bottle.

by the way Branson MO is a hot spot for this stuff. I don't really drink this stuff but due to this thread I always look now when in a liquor store. They had a lot of this stuff and the really high up stuff that runs 150 - 200 a bottle.
Think I’d just rather drink shitty bourbon.

You must be boring then. I bring the party where ever I go even if that is Branson. I also enjoyed family and checked out a few liquor stores for you guys.
I’m a polite gentleman and I don’t party in cemeteries.

Seriously, that town bugs me. Love the surrounding area though.

I am sure you guys like or find better deals but Costco is doing the auction soon again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT