ADVERTISEMENT

Whiskey & Bourbon Collectors/Aficionados....

I’m about to do an order from my guy in Europe for Blantons Gold and maybe Blantons SFTB. DM me if you want that Gold.

Reactions: OSUIvan
Heads up. Fred Minnick is coming to Tulsa with his Blind Bourbon show. August 14th
Tickets are $100 but you get to taste some awesome drinks (including a Pappy 23)

He's an OSU alum and a Delta Chi (Don't hold that against him)

Reactions: Marocain Poke
Heads up. Fred Minnick is coming to Tulsa with his Blind Bourbon show. August 14th
Tickets are $100 but you get to taste some awesome drinks (including a Pappy 23)

He's an OSU alum and a Delta Chi (Don't hold that against him)
Is he still an OSU fan?

Finally bit the bullet and bought some Barrell Bourbon Seagrass. Wanted to do it for awhile but it is so damn pricey. Worth every penny. Not for everyone but if you are into high proofs and something a little different I think its a home run.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Here is my weekend haul.
AM-JKLWDqEPaJdHG9UL2Lm3XnemxBo_AlEDtWLEe9-mbFW70udtcP5uF2kDlJdoX5GhbFz5WqaYAkTMiTvxfXUcj1tkhkYL_ZCVX6saWdpz44Vja1HC00NqDGlOMTvMPJFXWLtEiRAnSrqX3ttp-h9qrla5V=w1346-h1009-no

Nice, saw Knob Creek 12 a week or so back and didn't grab it. Been kicking myself ever sense. Have you tried the 1792 bottle in bond? Mixed reviews on the 1792 stuff but I got my hands on a bottle of full proof and really liked it.

Last edited:
Nice, saw Knob Creek 12 a week or so back and didn't grab it. Been kicking myself ever sense. Have you tried the 1792 bottle in bond? Mixed reviews on the 1792 stuff but I got my hands on a bottle of full proof and really liked it.
I’m working on expanding my 1792 collection. I have the small batch, single barrel, and now BiB. I still want a sweet wheat and full proof.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I’m working on expanding my 1792 collection. I have the small batch, single barrel, and now BiB. I still want a sweet wheat and full proof.
If your in the Tulsa area Liquids in Owasso has a good Full Proof store pick.

If your in the Tulsa area Liquids in Owasso has a good Full Proof store pick.
Awesome. I’ll head over there this week. Do you know how many they have? Do I need to go right after work today?

Sweet. Just picked up an OWA and BT SP from the Main Board. And am in a raffle for another set. Hope I win. But either way I’m a winner for getting in on a BiN.

Reactions: Marocain Poke
I'll take it off your hands.

I'm in too. I've got an unopened bottle I'm scarred to open and try. Would love an opened bottle. I bit the bullet and opened my Elijah Craig 18 year a couple weeks ago. I was pretty disappointed. Might get better over time but was pretty boring.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
I'm in too. I've got an unopened bottle I'm scarred to open and try. Would love an opened bottle. I bit the bullet and opened my Elijah Craig 18 year a couple weeks ago. I was pretty disappointed. Might get better over time but was pretty boring.
I have 1 spare EC18 unopened. But I loved the first bottle I went through.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
My bourbon group picked an Old Elk Wheated Bourbon that is in a Edmond store that just got muled over to me this morning. Looking forward to trying that out this weekend!

My bourbon group picked an Old Elk Wheated Bourbon that is in a Edmond store that just got muled over to me this morning. Looking forward to trying that out this weekend!

I got an Old Elk Byron's pick a couple months back. Really solid IMO. Probably not something I would get again but not bad, IMO.

Reactions: OSUIvan
100% novice that drinks Crown.....If I wanted to buy a couple of nice bottles for business associates as gifts what something good that I can actually get my hands on. I don't mind spending a little for these associates.

100% novice that drinks Crown.....If I wanted to buy a couple of nice bottles for business associates as gifts what something good that I can actually get my hands on. I don't mind spending a little for these associates.

Jack Single Barrell gets rave reviews, not a bourbon but still good (very cool bottle as well).
Old Forresters
Mitchers
Makers Mark cask strength
Jeffersons Ocean at Sea (this can be hit and miss at stores)
Woodford double oak
Belle Mead
Wild Turkey Wild Breed
Barrell Bourbon

The thing about Bourbon is that more money does not mean it's better. It's all subjective but for business it's about impressing and this is IMO a decent list to go off of with out chasing 2ndary to get the really rare shit.

Last edited:
My favorites that you can pretty much walk in and get anywhere:

Jack Daniels Barrel
Old Forester 1920
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Russel Reserve (and of them)
Barrell Bourbon Sea Grass

I tend to like higher proofs though and most of those are.

Depending on where you are some of these may be more or less available:
Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare
Knob Creek 12 year
Barrel Bourbon cask strength 15 year
Henry McKenna 10 year
Four Roses single barrel
Willett Rye
Michter's Sour Mash
Woodford Reserve Double Oak
Makers Mark 101 or Cask Strength
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof