ADVERTISEMENT

Whiskey & Bourbon Collectors/Aficionados....

It's been an incredible week for me. Won a raffle and BIN'd another bottle (Old Carter batch 14 and a Blanton's Gold). Also, my tMB Secret Santa was insanely generous.
ABLVV872tmbV0GAyeKwbVqwABkMGQq91RSy2p0q9yrs4dMHpkmsvnY3aR4IhD4H6-fgl9js5WfrjVjRFtWYxywOT-TCUS2jr3jch0dC-dSwiOxUZ1mc0LwPUgOQp9r__wPQqLPJsVsuUe6NC8yXkfDP7JGhg=w1445-h1928-s-no-gm

It's been an incredible week for me. Won a raffle and BIN'd another bottle (Old Carter batch 14 and a Blanton's Gold). Also, my tMB Secret Santa was insanely generous.
ABLVV872tmbV0GAyeKwbVqwABkMGQq91RSy2p0q9yrs4dMHpkmsvnY3aR4IhD4H6-fgl9js5WfrjVjRFtWYxywOT-TCUS2jr3jch0dC-dSwiOxUZ1mc0LwPUgOQp9r__wPQqLPJsVsuUe6NC8yXkfDP7JGhg=w1445-h1928-s-no-gm

Either volguy9595 had his wife write that up because his handwriting is completely illegible, or I have many questions about volguy9595’s spare time interests…

Do any of you know where I would be able to find Akashi Ume Whiskey? Wanting to buy a bottle shit is gold.

The regular 61 proof plum whisky? I'm showing it in stock at Total Wine. If you live near a Byron's or Parkhill's maybe there?

Hell I'd try it. It's inexpensive.
Oh I am in OKC today also will hit Byron’s.

I am no whiskey man and this is the first one I can just sit and sip. Love this stuff.

And yes the plum one.

Rye drinkers, if you haven’t had it, I highly recommend this. It’s slightly pricey but smooth. And cheaper than Whistle Pig 12 and comparable to the 10.

Reactions: EZ Reyes
Rye drinkers, if you haven’t had it, I highly recommend this. It’s slightly pricey but smooth. And cheaper than Whistle Pig 12 and comparable to the 10.

I hear great things about that one. Will pick one up for sure

Have you had a Whistle Pig 10 store pick? They are about 115 proof and generally superb.

Struck out at Byron’s

Now do I push the wife and two kids with ear infections and swing by George’s lok

No luck will try again. I don’t know guys but I have drank some stuff out of Asia lately and they might be making better whiskey.

Reactions: EZ Reyes
Do any of you know where I would be able to find Akashi Ume Whiskey? Wanting to buy a bottle shit is gold.
I have never seen a bottle of that in any store that I'm in, but I don't usually look at Whiskey from Japan, it's to much like scotch and I'm not a fan. I'll look at the stores I go to next time i'm in and get back to you if I see it.

Reactions: SquatchinPoke
I have never seen a bottle of that in any store that I'm in, but I don't usually look at Whiskey from Japan, it's to much like scotch and I'm not a fan. I'll look at the stores I go to next time i'm in and get back to you if I see it.
Explain this to me like I am an ou fan. The scotch reference. I also don't mind sipping red breast, so I am wanting to explore this comment.

Explain this to me like I am an ou fan. The scotch reference. I also don't mind sipping red breast, so I am wanting to explore this comment.
Most Japanese whisky is single malt, most often associated with scotch, although there are also Irish and American single malt whiskies.

If you ever have $600 laying around that you don't know what to do with, Redbreast 27 is one of the two or three best whiskies in the world, no joke. But good luck finding one as they have seriously curtailed production.

My best in the world? Macallen 18.

Last edited:
If you ever have $600 laying around that you don't know what to do with, Redbreast 27 is one of the two or three best whiskies in the world, no joke. But good luck finding one as they have seriously curtailed production.
I’ve seen it here in Tulsa a couple of times in the last 12 months. I’ll go to a somewhat ridiculous price point for whiskey but I won’t go that high.

Macallan 18 is one of my favorite whiskeys of any kind, no doubt.

Reactions: Marocain Poke

I’ve not had the Macallan 18, but I’ve found every Macallan I have tried to be sort of blah.

VinePair reported in September 2020 that House Bill 100, which passed on Jan. 1, 2018, allowed retailers the ability to purchase “vintage spirits” — or “dusties,” as they are affectionately called within the bourbon hunting community — and sell them. The bill was controversial, as many distilleries worried counterfeiters and opportunists would exploit the bill to their advantage, as there were few repercussions — until now.

“We’re not saying they can’t sell it,” Koch said, according to The Owensboro Times. “We are saying how much they can sell. We are preventing the seller from being able to turn this into an entire livelihood because that’s not what was intended from all of this.”
Some of the provisions of the bill involve charging vendors a $300 annual license fee to sell vintage bourbons. The bill mandates that all vintage bourbon transactions be made in person, and imposes a purchasing cap of no more than 24 bottles of vintage bourbon per licensee a year. Sellers will have to file monthly reports divulging the details about the purchases, dates, and quantities. Those operating in violation of this law could face misdemeanor or Class D felony charges on multiple offenses.

“First thing we did was we created a vintage spirit license, which the retailer can get for $300,” Koch told The Owensboro Times. “That’ll allow the ABC, who’s a regulatory agency to identify who is actually doing this so they can now police the work.”
The legislation additionally allows The Commonwealth to auction any confiscated alcohol found in violation of the bill, and proceeds from the auctions would go to alcohol wellness programs.

House Bill 439 was met with bipartisan approval and moved forward.

VinePair reported in September 2020 that House Bill 100, which passed on Jan. 1, 2018, allowed retailers the ability to purchase “vintage spirits” — or “dusties,” as they are affectionately called within the bourbon hunting community — and sell them. The bill was controversial, as many distilleries worried counterfeiters and opportunists would exploit the bill to their advantage, as there were few repercussions — until now.

Some of the provisions of the bill involve charging vendors a $300 annual license fee to sell vintage bourbons. The bill mandates that all vintage bourbon transactions be made in person, and imposes a purchasing cap of no more than 24 bottles of vintage bourbon per licensee a year. Sellers will have to file monthly reports divulging the details about the purchases, dates, and quantities. Those operating in violation of this law could face misdemeanor or Class D felony charges on multiple offenses.

The legislation additionally allows The Commonwealth to auction any confiscated alcohol found in violation of the bill, and proceeds from the auctions would go to alcohol wellness programs.

House Bill 439 was met with bipartisan approval and moved forward.
I wonder what is defined as "dusty". Bottles of Wild Turkey Rare Breed from 10 years back command a collector premium, but it really ain't that old.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT