ADVERTISEMENT

Whiskey & Bourbon Collectors/Aficionados....

200.gif

Let me guess, the blend consists of several other extremely allocated overpriced whiskeys?
Just Weller 12 and Weller Antique 107 in a 60/40 ratio. I then aged it in a small oak barrel for 10 days. It gives it just a bit more 'age'.

Just Weller 12 and Weller Antique 107 in a 60/40 ratio. I then aged it in a small oak barrel for 10 days. It gives it just a bit more 'age'.

Hmm. I have the Antique 107, but not a Weller 12. If I scrounge one up, I will try that. I have some small oak barrels I received as gift, but I haven't done anything with them. I keep saying I'm going to try the half ER and half WSR blend. I have plenty of both, just haven't gotten around to it.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Hmm. I have the Antique 107, but not a Weller 12. If I scrounge one up, I will try that. I have some small oak barrels I received as gift, but I haven't done anything with them. I keep saying I'm going to try the half ER and half WSR blend. I have plenty of both, just haven't gotten around to it.
I might have to try that combo as well.

You don’t want to know what one of the local shops in Longmont is charging for that bottle. But then, I guess that’s why they still have it in stock.

I still have some in an open bottle. I remember back in ‘17 the local shop had several on the shelf at $65

You don’t want to know what one of the local shops in Longmont is charging for that bottle. But then, I guess that’s why they still have it in stock.

I still have some in an open bottle. I remember back in ‘17 the local shop had several on the shelf at $65
What bottle again?

Completely ignorant question, but do you not worry about oxygen when taking it from the bottle, to a new barrel, and then back to a bottle?

Completely ignorant question, but do you not worry about oxygen when taking it from the bottle, to a new barrel, and then back to a bottle?
Maybe a little. But the barrel is basically 750ml and that's what I filled it with so there wasn't much air in the barrel. Then I bottled it in 1/2 bottles so I'd have less air in the bottles.

Reactions: okstatefan1
Currently enroute to my house I have a bottle of Bardstown Discovery Series 11, Midsummer Nights Dream Act 10, and Weller 12. The first two will be going into my samples I make up for a couple of family members. Along with probably another six different bottles I think are interesting/good.

I will hold onto the Weller for a bit longer. Although, I have been thinking about opening a bottle of Stagg Jr (Batch 17) to include with the samples. Mostly just because I have heard great things about that batch and I'm ready to start drinking it. Even though I have way too many open bottles already.

I just opened a Rock Hill Farms yesterday so I can include some samples in tMB Secret Santa. And I probably need to crack open a Stagg.

ABLVV84wiLaf52Xw516we_-HoBG3rZkiQpOGHO9PM23Pyqc_bXnO4nvL3YjT0wJJXXBZHofEbAgjykEfuBuFOpTVU-iFq8sDGgBQBSh1ivirEdW4CMS_kIdt1PvceSP9oD53ut0aXVtUk2oWY86KREz3sX0H=w1469-h1958-s-no-gm

Reactions: FL-Poke-CJ
Man. I can’t even imagine. I have only had two bottles of it ever. Never had one of the BTAC GTS.

Do you have any children? Need someone to pass that collection down to? Looking to adopt? Though, I’m probably older than you.

For you single malt scotch fans, I bought a bottle of this year’s #1 rated whisky by Whisky Advocate. That had it priced at $70. I found it at Parkhills in Tulsa for $55. It’s Glenglassaugh Sandend. It’s NAS, which I don’t usually go for.

I don’t know about #1 for all of 2023, but it’s really good. Reminds me of Oban with a touch more sweetness. The description at the link is pretty spot on.

For you single malt scotch fans, I bought a bottle of this year’s #1 rated whisky by Whisky Advocate. That had it priced at $70. I found it at Parkhills in Tulsa for $55. It’s Glenglassaugh Sandend. It’s NAS, which I don’t usually go for.

I don’t know about #1 for all of 2023, but it’s really good. Reminds me of Oban with a touch more sweetness. The description at the link is pretty spot on.

I can’t find this anywhere near me based on app/web searches for my go-to places.

My experience has been that any whiskey that gets any publicity will either immediately skyrocket in price or immediately disappear here in Colorado.

Yes @Ostatedchi is going Bigfoot hunting with me and I am making him grab me a lottery ticket on the way.

I was thinking man I wonder if he has a will for all this lol.
I just won 2 bottles out of a 3 bottle multi. :)
A Russell's Reserve 13 and an OWA. With samples of a CYPB and a Garrison Bro's 140.9 Cowboy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT