ADVERTISEMENT

Think Tank: Russia Braces for NATO Conflict by '26 or '27

You cannot blame either side for this (Democrats or Republicans, they are both as good and as bad as each other)......if it is going to happen, its because the Russians want it to happen.........the biggest gift given to the Russians is all the talk of how we might not support NATO.......NATO is the one thing that has kept this from happening already and a stronger more unified NATO is what may keep this from happening.
It is interesting that Russia can't defeat Ukraine , yet they think they can take on NATO........
We are ready to fight two large scale conflicts at one time, the big worry is if Russia attacks NATO, I would bet in would be in coordination with China attacking Taiwan ( as I have said in other posts, Taiwan probably could not totally stop an invasion by China, they are too outnumbered, but they could make it messy enough that it wouldn't be worth it) , but then , if North Korea attacked the South and Iran caused trouble, we would have a hard time handling all of that.......The big challenge would be to keep it from going Nuclear
I have always thought it was not a good idea of having NATO countries right up to the Russian boarder, I know we would feel uncomfortable if Mexico and Canada were Russian allies, but , those decisions were made decades ago (most of them)
There are two areas to keep an eye on....one is the Suwalki gap, the land corridor linking Belarus with the Russian Baltic Enclave on Kaliningrad, and the Transnistria region of Moldova.
Both areas could be where Russian ( or Belorussian in the case of Suwalki) forces made a move that NATO may respond to with military force. Also , the large air base NATO is constructing in Romania would be a major threat to Russian forces operating in and around the Black sea

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
The election is really this simple.

A vote for Biden is a vote for WW3.
Just the opposite......the biggest deterrence for Russia is a strong and unified NATO........all that talk about not committing to Article 5 ( an attack on one NATO member is an attack on all) gives Putin reason to believe the US would not live up to its obligations

• Haha
Just the opposite......the biggest deterrence for Russia is a strong and unified NATO........all that talk about not committing to Article 5 ( an attack on one NATO member is an attack on all) gives Putin reason to believe the US would not live up to its obligations

Putin has all he needs to know the US doesn’t live up to it’s obligations.

We didn’t hold up our end of the bargain with them.

Where you are wrong is you think Trump really does want to get out of NATO. It’s not that he wants to get out of NATO it’s he wants the Europeans to meet their obligation and for the US to not be what amounts to the sole supporter. How many EU countries are meeting their 2% obligation? How many have ever met it?

Elaborate?

Here is what seems to be a fair article on the subject. I would also point leftist have a habit of trying to take a mile when they are given an inch.

Here is what seems to be a fair article on the subject. I would also point leftist have a habit of trying to take a mile when they are given an inch.
Yep I keep seeing reference to Soviets aka USSR. A country that does not exist today. Even so it seems those were informal and not on paper.

It was a mistake for Ukraine to give up its nukes, missiles and bombers for Russia's broken promises.

UsoA is bad at this stuff. Almost as bad as the French with weasel wording stuff. Freaking lawyers are always putting in loopholes.

W looked into Putins eyes and got snookered.

We need more Monroes, Lincolns, Teddy Roosevelts, JFKs and Ronald Reagans. ( no weasel words here)

We need less zer0s, Bidens, Clintons and Nixons. ( all too eager to make deals and weasels not just in words but deeds)

Yep I keep seeing reference to Soviets aka USSR. A country that does not exist today. Even so it seems those were informal and not on paper.

It was a mistake for Ukraine to give up its nukes, missiles and bombers for Russia's broken promises.

UsoA is bad at this stuff. Almost as bad as the French with weasel wording stuff. Freaking lawyers are always putting in loopholes.

W looked into Putins eyes and got snookered.

We need more Monroes, Lincolns, Teddy Roosevelts, JFKs and Ronald Reagans. ( no weasel words here)

We need less zer0s, Bidens, Clintons and Nixons. ( all too eager to make deals and weasels not just in words but deeds)
The USSR may not exist today but those in power in Russia remember and take those informal agreements the same as if it were. Did every agreement, formal or informal dissolve when the USSR collapsed? I understand technically no agreement exists but the Russians seem to be kind of pissed off about it. Maybe we should take that into consideration before they light off a few nuclear weapons in our direction?

Who as a US Senator was instrumental in convincing Ukraine to disarm? I've always thought there was something fishy going on with Obama and Ukraine. It never made sense to me why Ukraine of all places was something important to a gay pot head raised and influenced by Marxist.

I agree with the last two.

Who as a US Senator was instrumental in convincing Ukraine to disarm? I've always thought there was something fishy going on with Obama and Ukraine. It never made sense to me why Ukraine of all places was something important to a gay pot head raised and influenced by Marxist.

I agree with the last two.
Extortion apparently. Act like mafia and get predictable results. Violence and in this case war. Keep the protection money flowing but offer only blankets and not weapons. Don Putin isn't about the shakedown. He is just going to move in and take over.

Where you are wrong is you think Trump really does want to get out of NATO. It’s not that he wants to get out of NATO it’s he wants the Europeans to meet their obligation and for the US to not be what amounts to the sole supporter. How many EU countries are meeting their 2% obligation? How many have ever met it?
That is fine, but all have agreed to meet the 2% and all are on the schedule set out for them to do so.........I agree those thoughts need to be relayed to those countries, but it needs to be done in private.....the Russians have tried to create rifts within NATO since the day it was formed, they love nothing better than seeing this stuff in public

• Haha
That is fine, but all have agreed to meet the 2% and all are on the schedule set out for them to do so.........I agree those thoughts need to be relayed to those countries, but it needs to be done in private.....the Russians have tried to create rifts within NATO since the day it was formed, they love nothing better than seeing this stuff in public
They've all agreed? Well how nice of them to have agreed to meet the obligation they agreed to years ago. The fact of the matter is they have been shirking their responsibilities for years and deserve to be bitch slapped in public repeatedly until they meet their obligations. They knew they were responsible and willingly chose to ignore them. So sorry someone hurt their little feelers by calling them out publicly .

They've all agreed? Well how nice of them to have agreed to meet the obligation they agreed to years ago. The fact of the matter is they have been shirking their responsibilities for years and deserve to be bitch slapped in public repeatedly until they meet their obligations. They knew they were responsible and willingly chose to ignore them. So sorry someone hurt their little feelers by calling them out publicly .
Collectively, the European countries are over 2%, the only country below 2% that really surprised me is France at 1.9%.......Poland is the highest of all NATO countries (including the US) at 3.9% ( the US is at 3.49%)

• Haha
We have to stand up to China if they invade Taiwan.........just like Russia, if we don;t stand up to them, they will just keep going...........they way things are going between China and the Philippines, we may not have to wait for them to take on Taiwan.........any full fledged war with China or Russia will be a world wide catastrophe for every one.............but, the best way to avoid a war, is to have a strong unified alliance standing against these countries

We have to stand up to China if they invade Taiwan.........just like Russia, if we don;t stand up to them, they will just keep going...........they way things are going between China and the Philippines, we may not have to wait for them to take on Taiwan.........any full fledged war with China or Russia will be a world wide catastrophe for every one.............but, the best way to avoid a war, is to have a strong unified alliance standing against these countries
How would one avoid a military conflict with China by militarily standing up to China?

Maybe if they fly another spy barroon over the entire US they will get a scolding. 🤣🤣
Or maybe another attack with a virus would do it.
So....should we attack China now? Trump did nothing to China, and he was sure they were responsible for COVID-19...........Why would we shoot down a balloon over our territory when there would be a chance it damaged property or killed someone, when we were able to determine it was not transmitting, and if it did we could jam it? ......Shooting it down over water was safer and left it more intact so we could study it......China was building its presence in the South China sea under President Obama and Trump, neither did anything.........

So....should we attack China now? Trump did nothing to China, and he was sure they were responsible for COVID-19...........Why would we shoot down a balloon over our territory when there would be a chance it damaged property or killed someone, when we were able to determine it was not transmitting, and if it did we could jam it? ......Shooting it down over water was safer and left it more intact so we could study it......China was building its presence in the South China sea under President Obama and Trump, neither did anything.........

Trumps didn’t do anything to China?

Other than shifting their manufacturing jobs to other countries and starving them of money when they’re planning an invasion.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Enough that we will assist them if invaded
What makes them so valuable to us that we would do that? Would we do the same for New Guinea if it was invaded by Easter Island? What do we get in return for protecting Taiwan in the fashion you so desire?

Trumps didn’t do anything to China?

Other than shifting their manufacturing jobs to other countries and starving them of money when they’re planning an invasion.
Uhhhh....since Trump imposed tariffs , their exports actually increased more than enough to offset the decline of exports to the US.......it just cost the American consumer more money.....didn't hurt China

Reactions: Ponca Dan
What makes them so valuable to us that we would do that? Would we do the same for New Guinea if it was invaded by Easter Island? What do we get in return for protecting Taiwan in the fashion you so desire?
We cannot roll over each time an aggressor tries to take over a country that we support.....if so, eventually we will be left alone in the world.....we have to help defend these countries

So you propose, just let them take Taiwan over? How about the Philippines? Do you not believe supporting our friends?

So you propose, just let them take Taiwan over? How about the Philippines? Do you not believe supporting our friends?
I believe in supporting everyone diplomatically. The notion we must have "friends" whom we support militarily is what has gotten us into forever war across the globe. I feel relatively confident that's not how our Founders thought we should behave.

Uhhhh....since Trump imposed tariffs , their exports actually increased more than enough to offset the decline of exports to the US.......it just cost the American consumer more money.....didn't hurt China
Congrats! You got one right!

I believe in supporting everyone diplomatically. The notion we must have "friends" whom we support militarily is what has gotten us into forever war across the globe. I feel relatively confident that's not how our Founders thought we should behave.
Well, I am sure if we did not think like this we would be speaking a different language by now, German, Japanese or Russian.........war is not good, but many times the only option

Well, I am sure if we did not think like this we would be speaking a different language by now, German, Japanese or Russian.........war is not good, but many times the only option
That’s a huge error in judgement, IMO. War is never the only option. It’s the option states put their people in so they can stay in power. “Always frighten the people with the specter of a foreign threat and say you’re the only ones that can protect them.” That's the Number One Rule for government survival.

That’s a huge error in judgement, IMO. War is never the only option. It’s the option states put their people in so they can stay in power. “Always frighten the people with the specter of a foreign threat and say you’re the only ones that can protect them.” That's the Number One Rule for government survival.
Sometimes it is the only option........I am for avoiding war if possible, but not always possible......and people who try to avoid it at all cost are the most dangerous people there are

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT