ADVERTISEMENT

Starting Lineup?

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
Maybe I missed it in the 4-page thread about the starting line up but has there been a lineup released?

125 - Spratley?
133- Fix
141 -Alvarez
149 - Young or Williams?
157 - Harper - maybe sticking at one weight will help
165 -Olejnik
174 - Thompson, Hughes?
184 - Plott
197 - Luke
HWT - Carroll or Doucet?

I really wish we did something around Homecoming weekend, what would be the downside of holding some inter-squad matches. If I missed a thread about the lineup for tonight please point me in that direction.

What is everyone's thoughts about Plott moving up?

The time for bitching about staff, facilities, etc is over. It's time put that behind us and see if anything has actually changed and hope for the best. Excited to see some of the new faces.

Doucet is tough, but wrestling a guy like him every day is tough and he knows what to look for in a ranking match. Ranking matches tend to go to the more conservative wrestler. Unless Carroll does better in a tournament the spot is his. My gut feeling is Carroll would fare better in a tourney.

I agree as well, but with the transfer portal and NIL you might as well use them because you’re not guaranteed more than one year.

I hope it means Doucet has improved, but I would think that Carol could come in. They won to meet him. It’s not like he’s a top a guy.I hope it means Doucet has improved, but I would think that Carrol could come in and beat him. It’s not like he’s a top 8 guy.

Per John Smith at media day:

125 - Spratley
133- Fix
141 -Alvarez Not eligible until 2nd semester. Will be Jamison
149 - Young or Williams Or Travis
157 - Harper or Manibog
165 -Olejnik
174 - Thompson, Hughes? Not discussed by Smith but Mower likely ahead of Hughes here.
184 - Plott
197 - Luke
HWT - Carroll or Doucet but Carroll will still have a chance to earn the spot during the year and will get at least 5 varsity matches to stay in redshirt.

Reactions: Inky29
125 - Spratley?
133- Fix
141 -Alvarez
149 - Young or Williams?
157 - Harper - maybe sticking at one weight will help
165 -Olejnik
174 - Thompson, Hughes?
184 - Plott
197 - Luke
HWT - Carroll or Doucet?

Would think:
41 Jamison
49 Williams
57 Manibog
74 Thompson
285 Doucet

Key to is the year different is how do we look (not necessarily simple W/L) at 41, 49, 57 & 74.

Would think:
41 Jamison
49 Williams
57 Manibog
74 Thompson
285 Doucet

Key to is the year different is how do we look (not necessarily simple W/L) at 41, 49, 57 & 74.
Think a solid 25 in spratley helps a lot, Mastro was very good but seemed hit or miss.

Christian Will Wrestle is five days but will most likely redshirt because six of those heavy weights are 6 year guys and Gable is coming back
I think Carrol needs to adjust to the weight- wish he had another 2 inches to carry the weight and not lose his quickness. How he adapts will be the key to his success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT