ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford line-up predictions

John will have them ready. I don’t like to give up on any student athlete, but I’m finished with hoping G can get to what we saw before. That match was up there with Marsteller at Iowa.

scathing

Surber sure looks like he can move like a 197 wrestler. The one who disappointed me the most was Plott. He was slow from the start of the match. It's a long season so I hope John can get them in shape. I'm sure John was disappointed in most of the matches. Hone, Geer, Ferrari and Surber showed up. The rest disappointed!

Wish Plott would have Rs this year and let his shoulder heal up.

Do we know he can't but even if he did who is the guy better than him to wrestle 174?
There isn’t he is going to be a hammer. If it was up to some people on this forum we would just give up and call it a season after winning 8 out of ten matches against another d1 college team.

Reactions: KILLEVIDENT
I promise you he isn’t 100% on his shoulder yet just hope it holds up for the season

Wish Plott would have Rs this year and let his shoulder heal up.
Do we know he can't but even if he did, who is the guy better than him to wrestle 174?
There isn’t he is going to be a hammer. If it was up to some people on this forum we would just give up and call it a season after winning 8 out of ten matches against another d1 college team.
Sounds like a plan. :(

Reactions: Dugan2035
Flo had an interview with Andrew McNally back in April - we made his school list as a possible transfer destination. He was quoted as saying all the schools need a 174. It's a pretty safe bet he was talking with our coaches at that time, so that means redshirting Plott was at least a consideration early on.

It could have been pulled off. You could've gotten that stopgap 174 (like McNally). Or you could have bumped Wittlake to 174 and gotten a transfer for 165 (it looked like Boone wrestled off at 165 BTW). Personally I like Wittlake better at 165 than 174, but he has faded a little in the 3rd in some matches. Maybe he would do better bulked up and cutting less? Then you'd have Plott, Montalvo & Haas battle for 184. Plott might actually be better at 184 because the guys aren't as quick.

I'm sure the coaches considered all the options.

Flo had an interview with Andrew McNally back in April - we made his school list as a possible transfer destination. He was quoted as saying all the schools need a 174. It's a pretty safe bet he was talking with our coaches at that time, so that means redshirting Plott was at least a consideration early on.

It could have been pulled off. You could've gotten that stopgap 174 (like McNally). Or you could have bumped Wittlake to 174 and gotten a transfer for 165 (it looked like Boone wrestled off at 165 BTW). Personally I like Wittlake better at 165 than 174, but he has faded a little in the 3rd in some matches. Maybe he would do better bulked up and cutting less? Then you'd have Plott, Montalvo & Haas battle for 184. Plott might actually be better at 184 because the guys aren't as quick.

I'm sure the coaches considered all the options.
I could be wrong but I think Stika traveled to Stanford at 184 with the team as well. Might want to throw him in the mix as well as a replacement for when Geer graduates.

Does anybody know when Plott became cleared to wrestle? Could the first cut affect that first match? From the get go of that match he was slow footed. His injury shouldn't have affected his speed.

I could be wrong but I think Stika traveled to Stanford at 184 with the team as well. Might want to throw him in the mix as well as a replacement for when Geer graduates.
Stika was there, I saw him during the intro's. Lee indicated he did well at the wrestle-offs, but didn't get into specifics.

Does anybody know when Plott became cleared to wrestle? Could the first cut affect that first match? From the get go of that match he was slow footed. His injury shouldn't have affected his speed.
Plott was certified and listed as eligible in Track around the 3rd week of Sep. Don't know if the 1st cut was a factor for him. A few guys seemed a little flat, so it's possible.

I didn’t love what I saw from a handful of guys but we do have to remember that John is notorious for working guys hard early in the season. Often times having guys go hard in a practice the night before or morning of duals.

His goal is to prepare these guys for 2 days in March and while other coaches go about it differently, his way has been pretty successful even here lately.

If we are still struggling come January, then we can talk more about some of this.

I didn’t love what I saw from a handful of guys but we do have to remember that John is notorious for working guys hard early in the season. Often times having guys go hard in a practice the night before or morning of duals.

His goal is to prepare these guys for 2 days in March and while other coaches go about it differently, his way has been pretty successful even here lately.

If we are still struggling come January, then we can talk more about some of this.
They flew all the way across the country to make weight and wrestle first time of the season in a new/different environment. Im sure John was not happy but look at the lineup and ask yourself who is most likely to look sluggish under such scenario and I'd say it mostly fits what we saw. Hopefully looks better at Minny.

Reactions: tom_v31 and osu2082
Probably reading too much in here…

It says “a whole squad”

It looks like there is one noticeable omission in the pic…

AJ is a beast. I can’t stand his stall ride tho. I get why he does it if they’re never going to call it but it’s ridiculous lol. The guy stands up abd the top guy, Aj in this case, runs them out of bounds. He got away with it last tournament too. He isn’t the only guy in college who does this. Just watch Beau Bartlett for psu do the same thing. The refs need fo caution guys for this.

AJ is a beast. I can’t stand his stall ride tho. I get why he does it if they’re never going to call it but it’s ridiculous lol. The guy stands up abd the top guy, Aj in this case, runs them out of bounds. He got away with it last tournament too. He isn’t the only guy in college who does this. Just watch Beau Bartlett for psu do the same thing. The refs need fo caution guys for this.
Agreed. One time; shame on the top wrestler (warning), two times; shame on the ref (stall).

Aren't they supposed to caution a wrestler for pushing another one out of bounds? Or is this a different scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT