141-Hone
149-Sanchez
157- Sheets
165-Wittlake
174-Plott
184-Geer
197-Ferrari
Hwt-Surber
I think the true freshman will be in the line-up later in the season.

Is there any word coming out of the room on how Surber is doing at HWT? I read where he is at 230. I’m guessing that if he takes over for Harris that he must be beating him handily. It seemed like John really appreciated the effort Harris gave considering he made it to the round of 12 and started his career as a 184 pounder. Some of the most exciting matches of the year were Harris letting it fly during the wrestlebacks of NCAAs. As much as I like effort, I prefer to see results and high level results at that.

125-Mastro
133-Fix
141-Hone
149-Sanchez
157- Sheets
165-Wittlake
174-Plott
184-Geer
197-Ferrari
Hwt-Surber
Above looks like OSU lineup not Stanford.

Here is a possibility and with wrestlestat predictions:

Trevor Mastrogiovanni (Oklahoma State) over Jackson DiSario (Stanford) DEC 7 - 4
Daton Fix (Oklahoma State) over Jason Miranda (Stanford) MD 16 - 5
Dusty Hone (Oklahoma State) over Luciano Arroyo (Stanford) DEC 8 - 2
Jaden Abas (Stanford) over Joey Sanchez (Oklahoma State) DEC 7 - 5
Wyatt Sheets (Oklahoma State) over Charlie Darracott (Stanford) DEC 9 - 4
Shane Griffith (Stanford) over Travis Wittlake (Oklahoma State) DEC 6 - 4
Dustin Plott (Oklahoma State) over Tyler Eischens (Stanford) DEC 7 - 5
Dakota Geer (Oklahoma State) over Judah Duhm (Stanford) MD 12 - 3
AJ Ferrari (Oklahoma State) over Nick Stemmet (Stanford) TF 18 - 3
Austin Harris (Oklahoma State) over Peter Ming (Stanford) DEC 7 - 6

Stanford 6 | Oklahoma State 25

I threw Sanchez in at 149 cause someone else mentioned him. Given the first dual, I can't see John using any true freshmen in a dual where he doesn't need them, hence why put Hone & Sanchez in and prob doesn't matter who goes at those two weights.

Would expect they'd take two guys at 125, 141, 149 and 285. Would expect Harris in Stanford dual but is it possible they'd throw Surber in against Minny? Really nothing to gain from Harris facing Gable and might tell something if Surber athletic enough to go with him but a tough way to start.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

Trevor Mastrogiovanni (Oklahoma State) over Jackson DiSario (Stanford) DEC 7 - 4

I threw Sanchez in at 149 cause someone else mentioned him. Given the first dual, I can't see John using any true freshmen in a dual where he doesn't need them, hence why put Hone & Sanchez in and prob doesn't matter who goes at those two weights.

Would expect they'd take two guys at 125, 141, 149 and 285. Would expect Harris in Stanford dual but is it possible they'd throw Surber in against Minny? Really nothing to gain from Harris facing Gable and might tell something if Surber athletic enough to go with him but a tough way to start.
Ouch. Starting your HWT career against Gable Steveson. Go out and give it your best shot. Channel your inner Kaid Brock.

Last edited:

I really do not think Surber against Steveson is the route to go. He gives up lots of size, lots of experience, lots of strength and athleticism. If Harris is our starter he should wrestle. FRL talked about if Carter Young will wrestle 141 this year. They talked about 141 being a very strong weight class Nationals with Stevan Micic ranked 5th, Chad Red 8th and Real Woods 11th.. With so many of last years seniors wrestling again this year this is a very strong quality of wrestlers at many weights. It will go as it goes but my opinion is let Young redshirt and get bigger, stronger and better. He can wrestle Opens and maybe in the Scuffle and if he shows he can All American maybe wrestle but if he doesn't demonstrate that ability let someone else wrestle. If a true freshman wrestles I would want that to be Voinovich ( 149 was not seen as strong as 141) and he has the size and strength to wrestle older college experienced guys. I would like to watch wrestle offs also.

Reactions: tom_v31 and osu2082
125-Mastro
133-Fix
141-Hone
149-Sanchez
157- Sheets
165-Wittlake
174-Plott
184-Geer
197-Ferrari
Hwt-Surber
G at 149 after the ranking matches this weekend.
Either Gfeller or Sanchez at
125-Mastro
133-Fix
141-Hone
149-Sanchez
157- Sheets
165-Wittlake
174-Plott
184-Geer
197-Ferrari
Hwt-Surber
G at 49 after the ranking matches .

So does this mean Gfeller beat Voinovich and Young beat Hone? I would be surprised by the former if that's the case.

Reactions: Dugan2035
I'm sure some of the lineup stuff is going to all come down to how they want to handle redshirts. If they go all in it wouldn't shock me if Surber is the guy.

Reactions: osu2082
125 Mastro maj over Chung 4-0 133 Fix tf over Disario 9-0, 141 Real Woods dec. over Hone 9-3, 149 In the match of the night IMO Abbas dec. over Gfeller but it will be close, 9-6, 157 Sheets dec. Darracourt 12-6, 165 Griffith dec. Witlake 12-9 team score, 174 Plott md over Eischens 16-9 team score, 184 Geer dec. Woods 19-9 team score, 197 AJ md over Stemmet 24-9 and 285 Surber dec. Peter Ming for final team score of 27-9. John said in his interview that Gfeller wrestled best in the wrestle-offs so I am not counting him out but just going with the rankings.

125 Mastro maj over Chung 4-0 133 Fix tf over Disario 9-0, 141 Real Woods dec. over Hone 9-3, 149 In the match of the night IMO Abbas dec. over Gfeller but it will be close, 9-6, 157 Sheets dec. Darracourt 12-6, 165 Griffith dec. Witlake 12-9 team score, 174 Plott md over Eischens 16-9 team score, 184 Geer dec. Woods 19-9 team score, 197 AJ md over Stemmet 24-9 and 285 Surber dec. Peter Ming for final team score of 27-9. John said in his interview that Gfeller wrestled best in the wrestle-offs so I am not counting him out but just going with the rankings.
This might be witlake’s year. His skills are crazy, he needs get a fire in his belly

Best news John had to say was the fire Gfeller brought. Winning and attitude is contagious. Let’s hope watching a guy on the team win a title as a true freshman and a guy bring home a world silver medal motivates some others. If it does, I feel great about the results.

Best news John had to say was the fire Gfeller brought. Winning and attitude is contagious. Let’s hope watching a guy on the team win a title as a true freshman and a guy bring home a world silver medal motivates some others. If it does, I feel great about the results.

G has all the talent in the world. I think his best weight is 141 but regardless, if he has been fully bought in, he can make some noise at either weight.

Supposedly, witlake is practicing with Joe Smith, trying to get past his head and hands defense. Three years ago, Witlake could not get a single takedown on Joe. Now he is starting to get those takedowns. Joe was a superb technician but suffered from a massive case of burnout. I think he would be an ideal technique coach.

Supposedly, witlake is practicing with Joe Smith, trying to get past his head and hands defense. Three years ago, Witlake could not get a single takedown on Joe. Now he is starting to get those takedowns. Joe was a superb technician but suffered from a massive case of burnout. I think he would be an ideal technique coach.
I wonder what Joe is weighing in at these days?

Hopefully this works and is free:

It's not free. Pac 12 network. You have to sign in otherwise it's a 5-minute preview and then locks you out.

Fubo and Sling both have promo deals, and both have Pac 12 Network. I just signed up with Sling and the Sports Extra package (need the Sports Extra for Pac 12), cost me $20 and I'll just cancel before the rate goes up next month. Cheaper than a flight to Palo Alto! :)

It's not free. Pac 12 network. You have to sign in otherwise it's a 5-minute preview and then locks you out.

Fubo and Sling both have promo deals, and both have Pac 12 Network. I just signed up with Sling and the Sports Extra package (need the Sports Extra for Pac 12), cost me $20 and I'll just cancel before the rate goes up next month. Cheaper than a flight to Palo Alto! :)
Well that's disappointing, check to see if Pac 12 on Roku - not really download to phone & screencast. I'm tired of all the ad on then cancel, if they have a one time event charge option ill watch otherwise its a football day will just wait for a YouTube video. :(

Same wittlake too. Lots of energy expended on that first TD attempt. Hopefully it’s a shape thing.

Awfully disappointing so far.

Was watching it off and on. Missed Plott and most of Sheets and Wittlake. Ferrari was Ferrari. Surber looked great. As a guy who wrestled in the 160’s or whatever in HS, he showed all the agility, conditioning and moves you want to see. It will be interesting to watch him against bigger guys, especially ones who can move. Daton got rode a lot which lowered his score. Hone was Hone….decent and solid. Mastro won a low offense close one. G looked like crap. At least he wasn’t doing his stand up straight, too cool for school thing….instead he just looked slow and lazy….fell for every feint right into a takedown. Geer looked good.

Reactions: Rdcldad
Mastro didn’t take many shots.
Fix didn’t look anything like I expected. Looked like the Fix from the Madrigal Big 12 finals match.
Hone looked solid. Good shape. Didn’t make any mistakes.
149- find someone else.
Sheets looked solid and was trying to separate, but gave up a TD that made it close.
Wittlake, have to get off bottom.
Plott gassed and looked sloppy.
Geer looked like he was NCAA tournament shape ready.
AJ manhandled the guy and is shooting for a WWE deal.
Surber looked great. Much better than I expected.
Lots of work to do.

Reactions: 100TonsofOrangeFury
Unpopular opinion but Fix wrestled the match he needed to but G was a massive failure.
Thankfully the match got better with the last 3 weight classes. At 25 Mastro was okay but saw nothing that would make me think All American. Daton wrestled horribly. He did not move his feet much and his bottom was slow and lazy instead of exploding off the bottom. Hone wrestled solid like he usually does. G was totally outclassed and did not demonstrate much fight at all. As indicated by others he was very disappointing. Wyatt was not impressive at all and according to the announcers was wrestling a backup 49. Wittlake is at least a level behind the Stanford National Champ. He got rode and rode and rode. Dustin Plott was also very disappointing barely nosing out an average division 1 wrestler probably up a weight class or 2. Geer was very good and so was Ferrari. Surber wrestled good and dominated a HWT his size. Early in the season but disappointing overall.

Reactions: turfpoke
I viewed it simply as Fix got ridden for quite awhile which greatly limited his scoring potential. He seemed fairly active on his feet. G was basically taken down at will. He acts so lackadaisical it’s infuriating. But at least he wasn’t as blatant about it like he used to be.
Ferrari match was funny at the end….Ferrari offers his leg to the guy he’d been having a twitter war with and the guy got it and had Ferrari scrambling for a bit, but like a champ Ferrari fought it off and got a late additional take down then flexed for the crowd. He also had a conversation with the ref nonchalantly while turning his opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT