CowboyMedic

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2009
15 minutes to go.

Picc on Mat 1

Brock on Mat 3

Both at the same time.

Penn State clinches the national title. 6 out of 7. I hate finishing behind them. Are we ever gonna get back on top?

As long as they keep running out Guys who are Bonus Machines that never let up until the last second comes off the clock it's going to be hard to beat them . I hate admitting that but We are going to have to make some changes in our style to match them on bonus points

Penn State clinches the national title. 6 out of 7. I hate finishing behind them. Are we ever gonna get back on top?

Penn State has changed the game for everyone and set a new standard.

They are getting several top end elite level recruits every year and so the sheer talent they roll out is hard to match.

We will return an AA at 125, 133, 141, 149 (transfer), 157, 165 and 197 plus J Smith and will be projected WELL behind PSU.

Yes, we will be well behind. They managed this without their 125 kid too. But love our 174 kid next year and with pic finishing 4th, will be interesting to see what happens after fix redshirts.

Yes, we will be well behind. They managed this without their 125 kid too. But love our 174 kid next year and with pic finishing 4th, will be interesting to see what happens after fix redshirts.
Who is 174 kid and 49 transfer?

Who is 174 kid and 49 transfer?

174 is Jacobe Smith JUCO transfer who had some good wins in limited action at opens. I believe he beat a former AA or two.

149 is Martinez from Boise. He didn't look all that good. Got beat by one of our back-ups, I can't remember who.

174 is Jacobe Smith JUCO transfer who had some good wins in limited action at opens. I believe he beat a former AA or two.

149 is Martinez from Boise. He didn't look all that good. Got beat by one of our back-ups, I can't remember who.

Martinez was a little up and down but is a former AA.

J Smith has the ability to jump right into the top 5 or 6.

Jacobe Smith is the real deal. He pinned the guy that beat Crutchmer last night. He will make some noise.
Martinez looks like round of 12 depending on his draw I'd like to see us shuffle some guys and try to fit in boo and move dean up.

Martinez split matches with Blaylock. Hopefully pokes can squeeze Lewallen into lineup somewhere.

PSU is loaded again next year and have tons of studs coming in.

Martinez split matches with Blaylock. Hopefully pokes can squeeze Lewallen into lineup somewhere.

PSU is loaded again next year and have tons of studs coming in.
I don't see Heil deciding to wrestle 49 especially with Retherford back for his senior year. Lewallen should get on the weights this off season and he needs to stay healthy. I think we should redshirt Joe Smith especially if he can't back 57 and keep his strength and the freshman because next year the only team that could challenge Penn. St. would be Ohio St. if the stay healthy. Ohio St. doesn't lose anyone, plus they get their 41 back Hayes and maybe White a redshirt freshman at 65. Ryan's son at 57 would be their only weak weight class and 25 would not be great with Rodriquez at 25. Our lineup next year could be Pic, Brock, Heil, Martinez, Sheets, Rogers, Smith, Moore, Weigel and Anderson. A strong team but too many weak spots. We need to recruit a HWT, a 57 and a 49 ( real good ones).

I agree about red shirting a starter or 2. Penn state did that (only time they didn't win a title in last 7 years) and rebuilt quickly. Then fix will be in play in 2019.

I agree about red shirting a starter or 2. Penn state did that (only time they didn't win a title in last 7 years) and rebuilt quickly. Then fix will be in play in 2019.
Fix is a great recruit but Penn. St. has 2 of the top 8 recruits in the country coming in and both are at weight classes where they need help 41 and 49. They are so far ahead of us with no end in sight. We had it going like that in early and mid 2000's and we blew it and now for 11 years have never got it back. I have said this Coach Smith will have to make big changes because we are being left behind. I don't know if Coach Smith can make that big of an adjustment anymore. 8 All Americans and we were never really in the tournament, just like the dual. This was a painful night but I am proud of Heil and our All American's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT