ADVERTISEMENT

Republican National Convention - Milwaukee, WI

Before Mike Pence's replacement speaks tonight, let's review what Vance has said about Trump and support of Trump:

"I've gone back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical a–hole like Nixon who wouldn't be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he's America's Hitler."

"Trump is reprehensible" for his rhetoric towards Muslims and immigrants.

After Trump's comments about grabbing women by the *****:
"Fellow Christians, everyone is watching us when we apologize for this man. Lord help us."

"Trump is a moral disaster."

"I’m definitely not gonna vote for Trump because I think that he’s projecting very complex problems onto simple villains."

"One of the biggest drivers of Trump support, and one of the things that's most predictive of Trump support, is that you express cynicism about the future"

"There is definitely an element of Donald Trump’s support that has its basis in racism."

Race is definitely a part of the Trump phenomenon."

Some people who voted for Trump were racist and they voted for him for racist reasons.

"Trump is cultural heroin. He makes some feel better for a bit. But he cannot fix what ails them, and one day they'll realize it."

Before Mike Pence's replacement speaks tonight, let's review what Vance has said about Trump and support of Trump:

"I've gone back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical a–hole like Nixon who wouldn't be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he's America's Hitler."

"Fellow Christians, everyone is watching us when we apologize for this man. Lord help us."

"I’m definitely not gonna vote for Trump because I think that he’s projecting very complex problems onto simple villains."

"One of the biggest drivers of Trump support, and one of the things that's most predictive of Trump support, is that you express cynicism about the future"

"There is definitely an element of Donald Trump’s support that has its basis in racism."

Some people who voted for Trump were racist and they voted for him for racist reasons.

"Trump is cultural heroin. He makes some feel better for a bit. But he cannot fix what ails them, and one day they'll realize it."
As I mentioned to someone else, intelligent and thoughtful people can and do change their minds over time. Not familiar with JD Vance since he’s so new so I’m interested to hear him tonight.

Botox and cocaine
Cocaine Mitch agrees.

mitch mcconnell gop GIF

Oh! Oh!

Now post what Kamala said about Biden immediately before she was selected as his V.P.

As I mentioned to someone else, intelligent and thoughtful people can and do change their minds over time. Not familiar with JD Vance since he’s so new so I’m interested to hear him tonight.
I have no doubt you will fawn over what the has to say tonight while ignoring (or making excuses for) everything he has said before.

btw, how do you know Pence 2.0 won't eventually change his mind about everything he says tonight? How can you trust him?

I have no doubt you will fawn over what the has to say tonight while ignoring (or making excuses for) everything he has before.

bte, how do you know Pence 2.0 won't eventually change his mind about everything he says tonight? How can you trust him?
lol. Nice personal attack. I was genuinely trying to have a discussion

Enjoy arguing with others

Oh! Oh!

Now post what Kamala said about Biden immediately before she was selected as his V.P.
What, about how Biden's comments describing his past working relationship with segregationists were hurtful?

She was right! I agree with her.

Do you agree with Vance's previous comments about Trump and Trump supporters?

• Haha
Reactions: Alpha Woke
lol. Nice personal attack. I was genuinely trying to have a discussion

Enjoy arguing with others
No personal attack I simply asked you a question.

How do you know Pence 2.0 won't eventually change his mind about everything he says tonight? How can you trust him?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
MSNBC with a new take on covering the convention.

Instead of showing the convention live and letting people watch without commentary, MSNBC has decided to allow Rachel Maddow to talk shit about JD Vance, who is the RNC speaker tonight.

She literally criticized Vance for the entire hour.

I watched the JD Vance movie Hillbilly elegy last night. Starred Amy Adams & Glen Close. Directed by Ron Howard. I wanted Rubio but I'm super impressed by Vance.
He’s giving a really good speech right now. He’s down to earth and relatable… something many politicians struggle with IMO

You began with assuming my reaction to JD Vance.
That isn't a personal attack. That is an observation about what your political reaction will be.

But hey, prove me wrong.

I’m not even sure what that means honestly.
Click the link. It gives you quotes from Trump supporters attacking Vance's wife over her racial background.

The impending November meltdown will be something else
I agree, watching the right-wingers epic meltdown when Trump loses in November is definitely going to be something else. The whining and the claims of cheating, etc. And can you imagine if it is a black Asian American woman who beats him? Goodness, most of the posters on this board will have an absolute fit.

I just hope and pray we don't see another attack on our Capitol by the neo-fascist cultists.

I agree, watching the right-wingers epic meltdown when Trump loses in November is going to be hilarious. The whining and the claims of cheating, etc. And can you imagine if it is a black Asian woman who beats him? Goodness, most of the posters on this board will have an absolute fit.

I just hope and pray we don't see another attack on our Capitol by the neo-fascist cultists.
You seem to be confident Biden gets replaced. It’s interesting that Dems are the ones accusing Rs of not accepting elections yet we just had primaries and Biden was elected the nominanee by overwhelming margins. That would be be something to disenfranchise so many American voters.

But, it won’t matter what shenanigans the Democratic Party pulls. Most voters aren’t so involved with day to day politics like you and I.. it’s a simple “is my life better than it was 4 years ago?”

I don’t think it’ll be a landslide victory either way, but I do expect Trump to win for several factors.

Last edited:
Reactions: OUSOONER67
The speeches were pretty impressive but hers was just sad. Is there too much fentanyl crossing the border? Absolutely.

But when do Americans finally take responsibility for their own actions? It’s really Joe Biden’s fault her son died? Please. Why dont drug addicts and those that experiment with illegal substances simply own up to their own stupidity?

If I choose to get drunk and drive my car into a tree, can I blame General Motors? If I have sex with a prostitute, don’t wear protection and come down with a terrible STD, can I blame the police department for failing to enforce the law?

Just stop with the constant blame game and victimhood….on both sides.
These are kids taking drugs, many times under peer pressure or a young person experimenting. These are not adults. Adults are suppose to protect their kids from what is literally poison. But hey, you probably think 10 year olds are mature enough to begin transitioning to a different “sex” and should be able to vote.

I agree, watching the right-wingers epic meltdown when Trump loses in November is definitely going to be something else. The whining and the claims of cheating, etc. And can you imagine if it is a black Asian American woman who beats him? Goodness, most of the posters on this board will have an absolute fit.

4bwrlc.jpg

You seem to be confident Biden gets replaced.
I'm not confident at all of this. We have a media
frenzy going on right now. We shall see.

It’s interesting that Dems are the ones accusing Rs of not accepting elections yet we just had primaries and Biden was elected the nominany by overwhelming margins. That would be be something to disenfranchise so many American voters.
Those voters (including me) though didn't have a chance to vote for any other serious candidate in the primaries (just as Republicans didn't have anyone serious to vote for other than Trump in 2020). If Biden steps aside, we have a process to nominate someone else and it is a process that has been around for a long time in our nation's history.

Most voters aren’t so involved with day to day politics like you and I.. it’s a simple “is my life better than it was 4 years ago?”
I agree and "Do we really want to put someone like Trump back in the White House?"

btw, a lot of Americans aren't paying attention right now in July. Not like they will be in late October and early November. And that has been my point in other posts. This campaign is far from over (with or without Biden), and it could completely change if Biden steps aside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT