ADVERTISEMENT

Next years squad

driad

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2009
@JAY45 so all we are losing is 133 & 165? And Hughes will be 133? We don't know about 165? Plott has Covid year? I'm mapping out our path to the Natty!

• Love
Reactions: JAY45
@JAY45 so all we are losing is 133 & 165? And Hughes will be 133? We don't know about 165? Plott has Covid year? I'm mapping out our path to the Natty!
You are right on all accounts.
Can Heeg cut to 165?
I’ll try to post my flow sheet soon.

Reactions: driad
So Doucet is a RS JR so with a COVID year i assume he has 2 years left.If Carroll can’t beat him in a ranking match by next year Carroll will hit the portal.I would expect Carroll to be the guy by next year.No disrespect to Doucet but #1 pound for pound guy is expected to start by year 2 unless you have a STUD in front of him.

So Doucet is a RS JR so with a COVID year i assume he has 2 years left.If Carroll can’t beat him in a ranking match by next year Carroll will hit the portal.I would expect Carroll to be the guy by next year.No disrespect to Doucet but #1 pound for pound guy is expected to start by year 2 unless you have a STUD in front of him.
I think they have that wrong on the team website. He was in the same class as Plott and Surber if I remember right, so next year would be his last year.

I think they have that wrong on the team website. He was in the same class as Plott and Surber if I remember right, so next year would be his last year.
Does Carroll hang around to wait behind him even if it’s just one year next year?

Unless we get insanely lucky… I don’t think it’ll matter much about what we do at 165. Mesenbrink is going to be an absolute problem for awhile going forward. He just bullied Amine yesterday like Amine was a high school kid.

Reactions: OAMC99
Unless we get insanely lucky… I don’t think it’ll matter much about what we do at 165. Mesenbrink is going to be an absolute problem for awhile going forward. He just bullied Amine yesterday like Amine was a high school kid.
That was one of the more impressive performances I’ve seen in awhile. Mesenbrink broke Amine like he was a mid level freshman.

Doucet is still developing. Coach said in his weekly interview earlier this week that if he ends up developing a good effective shot coach thinks he can AA. If Carroll can’t beat him next year at least we still have an AA for 2 more years.

Not sure what will happen at 165 next year but if nothing happens we will likely see Lockett start as a true freshman.

Reactions: bwel9339
What is going on with Carroll? Is he hurt? Not seeing many results for him this year. Is he hurt? If so, is he going to be ok? The kid has great upside and is definitely going to have something to say on if this team is going to contend the next four or five years.

What is going on with Carroll? Is he hurt? Not seeing many results for him this year. Is he hurt? If so, is he going to be ok? The kid has great upside and is definitely going to have something to say on if this team is going to contend the next four or five years.
He was hurt. He's mostly healed up.

I read an article that was going over his transfer from Cal Baptist to PSU and it looked like most everyone but us made contact. I’m not saying I know the details or that we would’ve beat PSU for him buts it’s kind of frustrating at face value

I know, but if he could use a medical redshirt and save his other redshirt it could help with roster flexibility down the road. Just a thought.
The point of a medical RS is to not lose any eligibility due to a season ending injury. When you’re already in a RS and hurt you’re not losing any of your eligibility. So I’m not 100% positive but I don’t think you can change a redshirt to a medical redshirt, especially not at this point in the season.

The point of a medical RS is to not lose any eligibility due to a season ending injury. When you’re already in a RS and hurt you’re not losing any of your eligibility. So I’m not 100% positive but I don’t think you can change a redshirt to a medical redshirt, especially not at this point in the season.
Yeah I wasn't quite sure on the rules on that one.

You can change

Lol, that broadcaster may have pumped up your opinions of Mesenbrink. Definitely dominated but he got two takedowns, an escape and a bunch of stalling points. The Amine’s have never impressed me but it was funny how Amine never even tried to pick up the pace or try anything. But there was no ‘manhandling’, turning, overpowering, etc. A couple nice takedowns and a huge outhustling job by Mesenbrink.

Lol, that broadcaster may have pumped up your opinions of Mesenbrink. Definitely dominated but he got two takedowns, an escape and a bunch of stalling points. The Amine’s have never impressed me but it was funny how Amine never even tried to pick up the pace or try anything. But there was no ‘manhandling’, turning, overpowering, etc. A couple nice takedowns and a huge outhustling job by Mesenbrink.
I never said he tech’d the guy or anything. It wasn’t necessarily about the points. The pace and the fact that Amine couldn’t do anything but go backwards even when he was on the ledge of a DQ is what impressed me. It’s the attitude of a guy that’ll become a multi time NC imo. Just relentless. Amine was a huge win for Izzac and it took last second heroics. MM bullied the guy and it was never in doubt imo.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT