ADVERTISEMENT

Next years squad

Sounds like 197. A match with Surber will be a battle (obviously) - Carroll has the higher pedigree.

Merrill at Heavy is interesting. He ain't tall, but i would love to see what Calcagno does with him in the weight room. Cowboy Bulk Job!
Maybe Surber hits the portal 🤷

• Wow
Reactions: vhsalum
Merrill wrestles at 220 normally right? Kid has a lot of good weight to put on if he’s going to go heavyweight. Christian wrestled at 220 (hs)-275 (u20). Either one is going to have to put on good weight to go heavyweight.

Merrill wrestles at 220 normally right? Kid has a lot of good weight to put on if he’s going to go heavyweight. Christian wrestled at 220 (hs)-275 (u20). Either one is going to have to put on good weight to go heavyweight.
Merrill is a HWT weighing around 245

Reactions: vhsalum
Carroll is already 215 down from 250 he's going down to 197 and Merrill will be a HWT
Why not the opposite with Carroll at HWT and Merrill at 197 as we all assumed that’s where they were recruited for.

We should go hard after Dean Hamiti at 165. Wisky’s team is weak.
Hamiti would be a fantastic get.

PSU, Iowa, Michigan, OhioSt, ISU & ASU would probably be the main competition. If Starocci returns, Hamiti could redshirt and go 174 in 2026.

And just to be crazy, OSU could wrestle Robb at 184 and redshirt both Plott & Hamiti next year. Then in 2026 you could have a back half of Hamiti/Thompson/Plott/Carroll/Merrill

Why not the opposite with Carroll at HWT and Merrill at 197 as we all assumed that’s where they were recruited for.
Lol.

Because that's not what's happening. Carroll getting smaller makes the fact that Merrill getting bigger a good thing.

At 220, Merrill was a bit chunky and you could see that he should be a 197. At 240? He's still a bit chunky, but he just looks bigger period.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
I’d like Thompson to redshirt next year to maximize his time with Hughes/Lockett/Carroll/Merrill. Plus I’m curious to see how Heeg would do as a starter next year.

Carroll is already 215 down from 250 he's going down to 197 and Merrill will be a HWT
Dang, that’s impressive. As long as he’s healthy through the cut he’s gonna be a real problem! And same with Merrill, as long as he stays explosive with the bulk he’ll be a problem. Though the hwt Doucet lost to recently is ranked top 5 and weighed in at 283… so anything’s possible lol

He will be 235 he needs to really hit the weight and lose some body fat and put it back on in muscle CC will help him with that LOL
He loves to eat and doesn't hide that fact. 235-240 with some more muscle would be the perfect weight for him. I always thought he should be a HWT not a 197. He moves very well and can chain wrestle which most HWT can't do. He will win multiple titles

I don’t see Surber leaving. And the dude works hard and won’t give up his starting spot easily. CC is a stud but holding 197 all season may not be easy.

I think it was Blair that said Tagen will be 141 all 4 years? I don’t see it. He could but I think it’s unlikely. He’s big and still young and has had to get really disciplined with his diet and has and it shows.

I wouldn’t read a whole lot into Carter Youngs matches this year in or out of the room after what he’s had to deal with this season. He’s a really good kid and hopefully next year he’s able to focus on wrestling. It will be a dog fight in the room.

I think one of the things we can always count on, is there will be injuries. This year, next year and the year after that. We project these lineups according to ideal and rarely is it ideal. It’s nice to have a few top dudes that can vacillate across a few weights because they will get their chance. We don’t hope for injuries, but they will happen. Much of the time, these questions become moot points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT