ADVERTISEMENT

Next years squad

Williams might be what we see right now has he ever beat a top 10 kid? Teague has.
You might be right! This isn’t to take anything away from Teague.

It also seems WAY too early to cut bait on Williams. And Teague wasn’t in the lineup at this phase of his career.

The point is…and it is a good problem to have…and the problem you WANT to have…OSU is going to have some very difficult decisions to make and some very talented wrestlers on the bench.

Willams will have to beat out Carter at 49. Ranking matches are not everything , im just guessing.

A lot can change in a year.

Jordan Williams was a Top 10 recruit and if he doesn’t for whatever reason work out, it would be another key miss that OSU can’t afford if they want to catch PSU.

All things equal, JW has more talent and upside than Teague…and I take no pleasure in saying that as there is everything in the world to like about Teague. If the entire Team had his dedication and work ethic, no one this side of PSU would compete with OSU.

Hopefully it will all sort itself out. Williams wrestled at 160 in high school. He’s far from being done growing.
When Jordan wrestled 160 in HS he wasn’t pulling at all. Was light for the weight. He’s not a big 49.

Reactions: DPJ and Wrestleks
Yep super talented just needs to breakthrough learn to win against tough hand fighters and get off bottom. I think he should beat iowas Rathjen and he’s ranked 6th on Flo.

I wonder how Williams did against VV in the room wouldn’t be surprised if Iowa wrestled him against us

Yep super talented just needs to breakthrough learn to win against tough hand fighters and get off bottom. I think he should beat iowas Rathjen and he’s ranked 6th on Flo.
Rathjen not ranked 6th miss read the rankings was looking at the big 10 rankings. Not saying give up on Williams at all. But Carter beat Iowa states Swiderski twice last year . Nice problem when you have 2 real good guys at the same weight.

Rathjen not ranked 6th miss read the rankings was looking at the big 10 rankings. Not saying give up on Williams at all. But Carter beat Iowa states Swiderski twice last year . Nice problem when you have 2 real good guys at the same weight.
That’s what I’m saying
There’s not enough room for all the talent amassed
Someone is going to have to sit

He already did. Like 15-2
I didn’t see the JW-CY match. I heard there were two feet to back type moves in that match but I really don’t know. Those that know will most likely agree that with Carter Im not sure wrestling was at the forefront of what was important to him this year. Great family and that’s what’s important.

Williams has already beaten Carter this year. Williams needs that competition in the room to push himself. It looks as if he is starting to mature a lot more than where he was at the first of the year. If the guys we are seeing at the lower weights right now continue to get better come March I think Carter is a backup next year. He showed a lot of good things towards the end of last year and had some good wins, but still struggled a whole lot getting off bottom. I like Teague at 157 and would think by this time next year he’s going to look a lot different physically.

Williams has already beaten Carter this year. Williams needs that competition in the room to push himself. It looks as if he is starting to mature a lot more than where he was at the first of the year. If the guys we are seeing at the lower weights right now continue to get better come March I think Carter is a backup next year. He showed a lot of good things towards the end of last year and had some good wins, but still struggled a whole lot getting off bottom. I like Teague at 157 and would think by this time next year he’s going to look a lot different physically.
Jordan has Carter and Tagen and Teague. He’s got one of the best coaches in the country for his weight class in Coleman Scott. Look what he did with O’Connor. The rest will be up to Jordan.

There was a lot of talk of going to the portal next year for a 57. Teague coming on like he has may mean we can put more focus and money towards a 65 where we REALLY need someone next year.

Also here’s a thought. Carter hit the weights and really added some muscle after his injury. He’ll never see 41 again. And honestly he’s not a big weight cutter. He might be tall enough to add enough muscle to his frame and possibly look at 65 next year? Definitely not sure on this one, just thinking out loud.

There was a lot of talk of going to the portal next year for a 57. Teague coming on like he has may mean we can put more focus and money towards a 65 where we REALLY need someone next year.

Also here’s a thought. Carter hit the weights and really added some muscle after his injury. He’ll never see 41 again. And honestly he’s not a big weight cutter. He might be tall enough to add enough muscle to his frame and possibly look at 65 next year? Definitely not sure on this one, just thinking out loud.
Not a bad idea…

TBF several years ago there was a guy at I think Illinois that wrestled 141 his junior year and 165 his senior year so it’s been done.

According to what Willie said in a podcast yesterday, there are a BUNCH of teams looking for 65s. Sounds like there’s gonna be some competition for the best guys.

Reactions: AtownPoke
I was actually asking about Christian Carroll, thought you might know.

If I heard Rex correctly then Carroll is down 26 lbs from his weigh in at the Open in November.
just texting with Christian. He has cut to 217 as of today and will lose about 7 more pounds and be ready to wrestle 197 next year. He plans to get to 210 and hold until the season starts next year. He could not certify as it came off fast so we will not see him at 197 this year. Christian is the hardest working guy and most focused young man you will meet.

just texting with Christian. He has cut to 217 as of today and will lose about 7 more pounds and be ready to wrestle 197 next year. He plans to get to 210 and hold until the season starts next year. He could not certify as it came off fast so we will not see him at 197 this year. Christian is the hardest working guy and most focused young man you will meet.
Excellent information. Thank you for sharing!!

But Surber will be back at 197 next year.
Sounds like a good problem to have!
You could make the same argument at 285
Ideally…or at least “they way it used to be”, you have 2 guys that can go at each weight.

Surber can defend his position and/or Carroll sits 1 year.

I think you again now have only 5 years to complete eligibility. Medical redshirt counts as the redshirt year.

So does this mean that Merrill will go at heavyweight once Doucet graduates?

Reactions: AtownPoke
John has a way of making talent work out. Both are short heavyweights. I am shocked that Christian has lost so much weight so fast. When I met him I thought I had never seen such massive biceps on a human before. He has dropped some muscle as he just did not have that much fat on him. That certainly could mean that Merrill will go heavyweight. Pretty early to tell. Christian will wrestle 97 kg 213.8 pounds for the U 23 season and that should be a good indication of how he will fare. Christian is very quick and I think will do very well at 197. We all hope that Christina getting to 197 will be a high class problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT