ADVERTISEMENT

Next year

Pretty sure Chandler can make 165 and will have competition from Chance but at this point not much at heavyweight other than Shaeffer bumping up possibly.

I'm hopeful that Chance can step up at 165, more of a natural weight for him. Need a nice hwt transfer like Mocco like a few years back.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Not sure chance will be able to beat Rogers who likes a potential high AA candadite at his natural weight.

Need a HW...

Now if Rogers continues to grow and Chance gets his stuff together you could see some interesting movement but that is a big if.

Really need to find a D1 or JUCO transfer at HW.

Whoever wins 65 next year will be good. Rogers main issue this weekend was size. Down at 65 he will be a beast and if Chance beats him then even better from s team perspective. 285 is the issue next year, hopefully something works out, but PSU just won without one.

How good will penn st. be next yr? I'm starting to hate that team, even their uniforms.

Reactions: giddyup
I feel the same that he can be very good. Would nice to have that nice 1-2-3 punch at 125 ,133 & 141

I could be way off but I think most think Piccininni is going to be really good. Either way whoever it is can't do worse.
Piccininni needs to be a star. We can't have he can't do worse if we are going to pass Penn. St. I saw some very nice wins for Piccininni this year including I think beating the Oklahoma 25. However I think he is tough and will be good but I wonder if he will be quick enough to be a standout from watching matches against Missouri and Wyoming 25's. I hope he is working on his quickness especially with his shots. These observations were from the beginning of the year and hopefully he has improved a lot as the year went on. We were close this year again but people think I am too negative but I could see their was too big a difference between us and Penn. St. and we needed to be a little better.

Picininni looked very good in the matches I saw him wrestle I think he will be just fine next year at 125 our issue will be at heavyweight as the rest of the line-up will be very solid.

In my opinion, which doesn't mean a hole lot. I think Chance would beat Chandler at 65 if he completely buys in! I don't mean to take anything away from Chandler either because that young man has really impressed me. Chance is just better at attacking the legs which is what you have to do to win consistently against the good guys.

Eddie just never really seemed to be that top tier level guy. I think he maxed his talent out and I respect him for all that he did for OSU

Reactions: osu2082
Pic will be fine. May take him a year or two to totally find his way. 125 will again be tough in big 12 with Milhoff Moisey Rodriguez all coming back. He did beat Milhoff back in November but that was a different Milhoff then. Still... I like pics upside a lot!!!!!

I could be way off but I think most think Piccininni is going to be really good. Either way whoever it is can't do worse.

I have no inside info, but I wouldn't be shocked if Gary Wayne tried to cut to 25. Gritty tough kid that just gets out horsed at 33.

Piccinini's goal is to be a national champion that's why he went to Oklahoma State he HATES to lose and it doesn't matter who he's wrestling, I can guarantee he's working his a** off to be the best expect greatness from him in the future

And Jordan Conaway, who was an All American at 133 this year.

Yeah but they have Cortez ("stolen" from IL, thus not supposed to be eligible for scholarship, perhaps other $s?) eligible next year expected to be perhaps as good as Brock (ranked directly above in wrestlestats) but he hasn't yet beat any of Brewer caliber nor lost to any like Garrett.

I think we will have a great team next year, with potential for 9 AA on paper, leaving 285 out for now. Predictions are just that, but I am not counting on Marsteller in school. I hope he gets things together as he has potential to be high AA if not a champion. Campbell might be a good fit for him with Kolat the coach there.

Have to have luck and not have any injuries like this year.

I think we will have a great team next year, with potential for 9 AA on paper, leaving 285 out for now. Predictions are just that, but I am not counting on Marsteller in school. I hope he gets things together as he has potential to be high AA if not a champion. Campbell might be a good fit for him with Kolat the coach there.

Have to have luck and not have any injuries like this year.
He's not leaving Oklahoma State anytime soon bank on it

I hope he doesn't. There were times when he looked great but seemed to hit a conditioning wall. Sucks having to wrestle at a weight that isn't a fit but when you have AD in front of you waiting ur turn is about all you can do. He'll need to come out ready to go and prove it was just a weight issue. I'm curious to see who will be our next AD dominant wrestler.

Yeah but they have Cortez ("stolen" from IL, thus not supposed to be eligible for scholarship, perhaps other $s?) eligible next year expected to be perhaps as good as Brock (ranked directly above in wrestlestats) but he hasn't yet beat any of Brewer caliber nor lost to any like Garrett.
They changed that rule...instead of him not being able to have a scholarship, now he's simply required to sit out a year, and lose a year of eligibility. (Micic got a waiver)

They changed that rule...instead of him not being able to have a scholarship, now he's simply required to sit out a year, and lose a year of eligibility. (Micic got a waiver)
How did Micic get the waiver? What was different about his situation to warrant it? Never heard why.

And Jordan Conaway, who was an All American at 133 this year.
PSU will have Nick Suriano to replace Nico. 126 lber in HS this year and arguably the 2nd best wrestler coming out of high school (behind Hall). PSU and tOSU seemed to have changed the game on automatically red-shirting freshman, which appears will continue at least for PSU with their bumper crop of new recruits.

I have to believe Gullibon will go back down to 133 with Conaway graduating. He DNP'd at 141 after finishing 5th at 133 last year.

IS HS junior Daton Fix a lock yet for Cowboys after his senior year? There was a screen shot of him sitting in the OSU fan section at NCAA's, which was nice to see, but unless I'm wrong, he hasn't committed anywhere yet.

That's really what I suspected, had a ton of people saying it was a big10 rule, no scholarship. I said, bet they changed the rule, is a parent really going to throw away $100k? And this is another example of why recruiting class rank perhaps isn't that meaningful. The more important metric is ranking how well the expected empty spots are filled, doesn't need to be via high school recruits and, for example, there's little to no increase in value of recruiting the #1, 2, 3, 4, 5 hwt in the country over simply recruiting #1.

I think Chandler Rogers will be a very tough person to beat at 165. He was, without question, small for 174. He is a workout machine and a quick learner. Coach Smith can even improve him more because he is so willing to "listen". I see NC for Chandler next year. AD will still be around to work with Joe and Chandler!

I hope he doesn't. There were times when he looked great but seemed to hit a conditioning wall. Sucks having to wrestle at a weight that isn't a fit but when you have AD in front of you waiting ur turn is about all you can do. He'll need to come out ready to go and prove it was just a weight issue. I'm curious to see who will be our next AD dominant wrestler.

Heil is going to fall in line of Alex but with a much different style. I do think results will look similar. He has a chance to be a two or three time champ and suffer very few losses while doing so.

I think other guys that have the pedigree and potential to compete for multiple NC's are Brock, Smith and Rogers (although if Chance can consistently beat him then he enters this list).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT