ADVERTISEMENT

Walsh Ironman 2023

Wrassler17

All-American
Mar 20, 2017
Next weekend on Flo. Right now Stillwater has 7 registered, Bixby 8, Broken Arrow 14 & Edmond North 14.

Mineo tweeted there's a chance Lockett & Angelo Ferrari might both be at 165. Hopefully he's right.

Reactions: AtownPoke and JAY45
The Pioneers should have a good showing with a few making the finals. Jordan has a good shot at becoming a 3x finalist.

The Pioneers should have a good showing with a few making the finals. Jordan has a good shot at becoming a 3x finalist.
Any idea on the weights for Jordan, McComas, Lockett & Sommer?

No problem if you can't say.

Ironman Seeds

2. Beric Jordan - Stillwater, OK
3. JJ (Rogers) McComas - Stillwater, OK
3. LaDarion Lockett - Stillwater, OK
4. Landyn Sommer - Stillwater, OK
8. Aydan Thomas - Stillwater, OK

Reactions: DPJ and JAY45
A few recruiting targets previously mentioned...

Ignacio Villasenor #2 seed at 106
Ishmael Guerrero #9 seed at 157
Michael Mocco #4 seed at 215

I wish we (Union) were going. At least sending our studs but as a team we are headed to MidAmerica in Enid. I’ll be keeping an eye on Iron man for our future Cowboys performances.

I wish we (Union) were going. At least sending our studs but as a team we are headed to MidAmerica in Enid. I’ll be keeping an eye on Iron man for our future Cowboys performances.
Watching it now and this may be the worst run tournament ever. They have open Mikes at the table and several table workers are totally new and do not know even the fundamentals of wrestling or how to operate the clock.First match with a Bixby wrestler they stopped after almost 2 periods when one of the coaches noticed that they had the wrong 2 wrestlers ;up and after about 15 minutes they put two other wrestlers up and if I was the Bixby coach I would be mad. His wrestler was up 5-0 when they stopped it.

Reactions: JAY45 and bwel9339
Watching it now and this may be the worst run tournament ever. They have open Mikes at the table and several table workers are totally new and do not know even the fundamentals of wrestling or how to operate the clock.First match with a Bixby wrestler they stopped after almost 2 periods when one of the coaches noticed that they had the wrong 2 wrestlers ;up and after about 15 minutes they put two other wrestlers up and if I was the Bixby coach I would be mad. His wrestler was up 5-0 when they stopped it.
Not going much smoother here. They just stopped the whole tournament. Have kids sitting on the mats and playing games.

Not going much smoother here. They just stopped the whole tournament. Have kids sitting on the mats and playing games.
Track wrestling issue? Just curious we had a problem last week and had to wait around for an hour or so until it got back up

Track wrestling issue? Just curious we had a problem last week and had to wait around for an hour or so until it got back up
I’m assuming so. Track this year has been bad every where we have gone. Today was showing different mats than our kids were actually wrestling on. We are back on to wrestling now but definitely throws everything off

I saw Villasenor and Lockett win by 1st period pins. They looked very good. I saw Guerrero win a decision 6 to 4 and he did not look good. Jordan won by pin Sommer won by tech but I did not see the match.
Second round Villasenor won by pin, McComas won by pin and Jordan won by major.

Reactions: JAY45
3rd round matches Villasenor won by major (impressive), Jordan won by major, McComas won by easy decision ( wrestled okay).

3rd round matches Villasenor won by major (impressive), Jordan won by major, McComas won by easy decision ( wrestled okay).
Unless you are really good at wrestling you do not want to wrestle Jax Forrest who got a dominant tech fall in the 3rd round.

Unless you are really good at wrestling you do not want to wrestle Jax Forrest who got a dominant tech fall in the 3rd round.
Quarter finals Villasenor lost in the final overtime not able to ride his Blair opponent. He was poor on bottom and only got 1 takedown. McComas won 4 to 3 in the quarters he got rode and almost turned in the last period.

Lockett beats Giddins 5 to 1, very nice match by LaDarion.
Michael Mocco beat Clark in the quarters 6 to 2. Very solid win. Guerrero beat Ognissanti who was rated 20th at 160 5 to 4 with a takedown and ride out late in the 3rd period. Routledge pinned Torres in the quarters at 150 when the score was 1 to 1.

Last edited:
Michael Mocco beat Clark in the quarters 6 to 2. Very solid win. Guerrero beat Ognissanti who was rated 20th at 160 5 to 4 with a takedown and ride out late in the 3rd period. Routledge pinned Torres in the quarters at 150 when the score was 1 to 1.
Beric Jordan soundly beat Edmund North's 120 getting several takedowns 7 to 2.

Jordan chose bottom and escaped in the 2nd. Then took Nate down in the 3rd on his way to his 3rd Ironman finals!!

Jordan chose bottom and escaped in the 2nd. Then took Nate down in the 3rd on his way to his 3rd Ironman finals!!
Also this morning Villasenor has won 3 rounds of wrestle backs with easy decisions, unfortunately McComas lost another very close decision to Forrest after leading most of the match. Routledge won in overtime to make the finals, Lockett did not wrestle good and lost 3 to 2 to the Penn St. recruit Joe Sealey who has been an age group champ also. Lockett let his opponent constantly push and pressure him to the edge of the mat and was called for stalling once. He was not aggressive enough. Mocco got beat 4 to 2 in the semi's by Correa. Also Guerrero lost a close decision to Sommer.

Last edited:
Also this morning Villasenor has won 3 rounds of wrestle backs with easy decisions, unfortunately McComas lost another very close decision to Forrest after leading most of the match. Routledge won in overtime to make the finals, Lockett did not wrestle good and lost 3 to 2 to the Penn St. recruit Joe Sealey who has been an age group champ also. Lockett let his opponent constantly push and pressure him to the edge of the mat and was called for stalling once. He was not aggressive enough. Mocco got beat 4 to 2 in the semi's by Correa. Also Guerrero lost a close decision to Sommer.
McComas and Lockett won their first round matches in consolation with McComas winning in overtime over Walker of Bixby and Lockett beating Hinkel 3 to 1 by getting the only takedown of the match in the 1st period.

Reactions: JAY45 and DPJ
McComas and Lockett won their first round matches in consolation with McComas winning in overtime over Walker of Bixby and Lockett beating Hinkel 3 to 1 by getting the only takedown of the match in the 1st period.
McComas took 4th losing a close match to Mendoza giving up a takedown in overtime. Lockett took 3rd beating Birden by escaping in the final overtime. Lockett is a 152 wrestling 165 for the competition so he did quite well plus he is younger than the top guys at 165. Villasenor took 3rd by winning by major. He finished ahead of the Blair kid who beat him in the quarters. Mocco got majored and took 4th. Ferrari beat Joe Sealey with a last over time ride out. Routledge lost by 1 point on a fleeing the mat call. Beric Jordan took 2nd by a point and just missed a headlock putting Deluca flat on his back but 1 second late. Jax Forrest lost a close match to Lilledahl.

Last edited:
McComas took 4th losing a close match to Mendoza giving up a takedown in overtime. Lockett took 3rd beating Birden by escaping in the final overtime. Lockett is a 152 wrestling 165 for the competition so he did quite well plus he is younger than the top guys at 165. Villasenor took 3rd by winning by major. He finished ahead of the Blair kid who beat him in the quarters. Mocco got majored and took 4th. Ferrari beat Joe Sealey with a last over time ride out. Routledge lost by 1 point on a fleeing the mat call. Beric Jordan took 2nd by a point and just missed a headlock putting Deluca flat on his back but 1 second late. Jax Forrest lost a close match to Lilledahl.
Don’t forget about Sommer winning it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT