ADVERTISEMENT

HBO's Game of Thrones [April 13]

I would counter that we don't know that to be the case. It is possible that he can only tap into trees that are both.
We are adults with jobs and stuff.

This is our discussion.

I believe that says a lot about the quality of the story and how compelling it is.

It also says, "you. Are. A. Huge. Nerd" and I guess at 40 I'm okay with that.

In the preview of the next episode there's Jamie so we know he lives.

My thought is that in the end, Cersei rules.

Dany knows she's got the 7 kingdoms wrapped up now. She decides to save Cersei for last. Goes to fight the WW.

They decimate her army but walkers are defeated. Dragons die. Cersei slips in and cuts her throat with a now dead Tyrion's penis after drying it and hardening it into a shank, prison style.

AND the last scene of the series is her killing Jamie after telling him she knows he betrayed her. She's sitting on the throne, alone, in darkness, having killed everyone she ever cared for or should have cared for, with nothing left but her midget brother's little weewee knife.

I mean if I was writing the show...

Reactions: CBradSmith
In the preview of the next episode there's Jamie so we know he lives.

My thought is that in the end, Cersei rules.

Dany knows she's got the 7 kingdoms wrapped up now. She decides to save Cersei for last. Goes to fight the WW.

They decimate her army but walkers are defeated. Dragons die. Cersei slips in and cuts her throat with a now dead Tyrion's penis after drying it and hardening it into a shank, prison style.

AND the last scene of the series is her killing Jamie after telling him she knows he betrayed her. She's sitting on the throne, alone, in darkness, having killed everyone she ever cared for or should have cared for, with nothing left but her midget brother's little weewee knife.

I mean if I was writing the show...
That is disturbing yet hauntingly beautiful.

Actually, I'm kind of hoping that somehow, some way Tyrion ends up on the Iron Throne. (After Dany and Jon abdicate their claims so that peace will reign.)

Reactions: Winston Havelock
Has anyone else picked up that it looks like Kit Harrington got a haircut? His hair just seems shorter. made me go hum the other day.

Do we know for sure that Tyrion takes them captive?
Story is set up that way too perfectly for it not to happen IMO. I stay away from the spoiler stuff, so can't say for sure.

Tyrion's divided loyalties in that situation will be must-see TV. Will probably betray Dany out of love for Jamie, fulfilling her third prophecy.

Is the Dany will be betrayed three times prophecy in the show or is it just book?

Story is set up that way too perfectly for it not to happen IMO. I stay away from the spoiler stuff, so can't say for sure.

Tyrion's divided loyalties in that situation will be must-see TV. Will probably betray Dany out of love for Jamie, fulfilling her third prophecy.

I see your point. I figured that J and B would find a spot to hide from Dany's army and make their way back to Cersei. The Cersei/Jaime conflict seems like it is a huge key to upcoming episodes, and there aren't many left.

Can Bran share his visions with individuals?

Could he show the marriage of Lyanna and Rhaegar along with his birth?

Bronn and Jaime need to be Olympic swimmers. Or did they teleport?

Sam will now be head of House Tarley. Hopefully Ginny packed that notebook about Rhaegar and Lyanna.

Is Cersei really pregnant or just making sure Jaime is completely loyal to her?

Reactions: CBradSmith
Posted this reply in @FMPoke's thread, but thought I'd leave it here too:

Rhaegar had his marriage annulled and married Lyanna confirming there was no kidnapping
Most interesting reveal to me.

The Dragon likes Jon. More evidence he has Targaryen blood?
No more evidence needed --> R + L = J has already been confirmed.

Tyroin is having if not second thoughts at least some guilt over betraying him family.
Yep. Worried this could lead to Dani's betrayal. Then again, he would never do anything to directly benefit Cersei.

Gendry is alive and ready to kick ass.
The comment about "thought you were still rowing a boat somewhere" felt like an homage to GOT fans joking about Gendry's whereabouts.

Littlefinger may be one step ahead of Ayra.
Seems that way, and it worries me. The awkward exchange between Sansa and Arya plus the Littlefinger scene made it feel like they're setting it up for Sansa to banish Arya from Winterfell. To many directions this sub-plot could go.

Just watched (twice) the leaked episode 6. I know we said that maybe the battle of the bastards was the best episode, then supplanted by the battle of blackwater bay. But this one tops those. This season is just getting better and better. Holy cripes that was f'ing awesome.

Just watched (twice) the leaked episode 6. I know we said that maybe the battle of the bastards was the best episode, then supplanted by the battle of blackwater bay. But this one tops those. This season is just getting better and better. Holy cripes that was f'ing awesome.

So you're saying the dialogue was rich, with depth, believable, and compelling?

I love the big set action pieces but this show was built on tremendous GRRM dialogue and I fear that's gone forever. Still can't wait to see how this race to the finish concludes.

Last edited:
So you're saying the dialogue was rich, with depth, believable, and compelling?

I love the big set action pieces but this show was built on tremendous GRRM dialogue and I fear that's gone forever. Still can't wait to see how this race to the finish concludes.

I agree, however I'm fine with it. All of the dialog, sub plots and chess piece moving was critical to give weight to all of the action we are about to see.

Even in the real world.... all of the politics, backroom dealing, and parsing every word from our leaders that lead up to war is captivating. Once the bombs start dropping that others stuff sort of falls away and we focus on the shock, awe, and MOABs.

I agree, however I'm fine with it. All of the dialog, sub plots and chess piece moving was critical to give weight to all of the action we are about to see.

Even in the real world.... all of the politics, backroom dealing, and parsing every word from our leaders that lead up to war is captivating. Once the bombs start dropping that others stuff sort of falls away and we focus on the shock, awe, and MOABs.

I'm with you. It really bothered me when they first got past the books. But now each episode has so many moments we've been waiting for that I don't care about some of the flimsy writing.

Reactions: Colorado_Poke

Wow. I thought HBO broke new ground with how they filmed Battle of the bastards. Your praise is great to hear, and I can't wait to watch it.

So with the dragons letting only Dani, Jon and Tyrion touch them I think it confirms that Tyrions mother was raped by the mad king and in fact he is half Targ.

So with the dragons letting only Dani, Jon and Tyrion touch them I think it confirms that Tyrions mother was raped by the mad king and in fact he is half Targ.
This is from Westeros.Org

6.2.14. WHO IS TYRION’S FATHER?
"It has been occasionally proposed that there is reason to doubt Tyrion Lannister’s paternity. Items such as his extremely pale blond hair, which stands in contrast to the golden blond of his family, have been made note of, as has Tyrion’s fascination with dragons. Some also note that his statement in A Storm of Swords suggests Tywin has doubts as to Tyrion’s paternity: “Men’s laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine.” Finally, the prophecy of the dragon having “three heads” has been taken to mean that Tyrion is one of the three heads, and so a future dragon rider, necessitating his having Targaryen blood."

"A Dance with Dragons does provide a thread of support for the theory that Tyrion is not Tywin’s. Barristan Selmy reports the following to Daenerys:

“Prince Aerys . . . as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord’s right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the . . . the liberties your father took during the bedding.”

"The common speculation is that Aerys Targaryen raped or seduced Joanna Lannister at some point, leading to Tyrion’s birth and Joanna’s death, and this at least provides proof that Aerys was interested in Joanna. However, the objections are obvious. Why did Tywin continue to serve as Aerys’s Hand if he suspected this? So far as Tywin or anyone else ever indicates, his departure from the role of Hand and his fateful break from Aerys were the result of long-building tensions thanks to the king’s madness and his stealing away of Ser Jaime to serve in the Kingsguard. For that matter, why did he persist in trying to wed his daughter to Aerys’s heir, if he had cause to hate Aerys so much?"

"The response to this might be that Tywin suspects Tyrion’s paternity but does not have Aerys (or, perhaps, anyone) in mind as the culprit, or perhaps that he learned about this fact only long after the fact. The latter seems a weak counter, as it hand-waves the details and simply leaves a nebulous possibility that can’t be rejected but really has no evidence for it. The former, however, seems a better objection—though again, unprovable, especially now as Tywin is dead."

"On a metatextual level, it seems as if there’s much greater force to having Tyrion in fact be Tywin’s son—and thereby maintain his status as a kinslayer, among other things—than to reveal that in fact he is a secret Targaryen bastard, especially as it seems the narrative has already provided not one, but two, secret Targaryen offspring (see the FAQ entries on Jon Snow and Young Griff)."

Also that timeline doesn't work for Tyrion because he was born last and could not have been conceived during the bedding. Now there is a time that Aerys made another drunken comment after Jamie and Cersei were born and before Tyrion was born, but there has been no indication anything went beyond that comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluegrassPoke
This is from Westeros.Org

6.2.14. WHO IS TYRION’S FATHER?
"It has been occasionally proposed that there is reason to doubt Tyrion Lannister’s paternity. Items such as his extremely pale blond hair, which stands in contrast to the golden blond of his family, have been made note of, as has Tyrion’s fascination with dragons. Some also note that his statement in A Storm of Swords suggests Tywin has doubts as to Tyrion’s paternity: “Men’s laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine.” Finally, the prophecy of the dragon having “three heads” has been taken to mean that Tyrion is one of the three heads, and so a future dragon rider, necessitating his having Targaryen blood."

"A Dance with Dragons does provide a thread of support for the theory that Tyrion is not Tywin’s. Barristan Selmy reports the following to Daenerys:

“Prince Aerys . . . as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord’s right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the . . . the liberties your father took during the bedding.”

"The common speculation is that Aerys Targaryen raped or seduced Joanna Lannister at some point, leading to Tyrion’s birth and Joanna’s death, and this at least provides proof that Aerys was interested in Joanna. However, the objections are obvious. Why did Tywin continue to serve as Aerys’s Hand if he suspected this? So far as Tywin or anyone else ever indicates, his departure from the role of Hand and his fateful break from Aerys were the result of long-building tensions thanks to the king’s madness and his stealing away of Ser Jaime to serve in the Kingsguard. For that matter, why did he persist in trying to wed his daughter to Aerys’s heir, if he had cause to hate Aerys so much?"

"The response to this might be that Tywin suspects Tyrion’s paternity but does not have Aerys (or, perhaps, anyone) in mind as the culprit, or perhaps that he learned about this fact only long after the fact. The latter seems a weak counter, as it hand-waves the details and simply leaves a nebulous possibility that can’t be rejected but really has no evidence for it. The former, however, seems a better objection—though again, unprovable, especially now as Tywin is dead."

"On a metatextual level, it seems as if there’s much greater force to having Tyrion in fact be Tywin’s son—and thereby maintain his status as a kinslayer, among other things—than to reveal that in fact he is a secret Targaryen bastard, especially as it seems the narrative has already provided not one, but two, secret Targaryen offspring (see the FAQ entries on Jon Snow and Young Griff)."

Also that timeline doesn't work for Tyrion because he was born last and could not have been conceived during the bedding. Now there is a time that Aerys made another drunken comment after Jamie and Cersei were born and before Tyrion was born, but there has been no indication anything went beyond that comment.

Couple of additional points for the theory:

Remember Tywin's last words to Tyrion were 'you're no son of mine"

As to why Tywin would continue to be hand of the kind remember he's a political animal and a back stabbing one at that. He ultimately betrayed the mad king and I believe open the gates of king's landing to Robert's army and of course Jamie killed the mad king about the same time. It's not clear how old Tyrion would have been at that time.

Couple of additional points for the theory:

Remember Tywin's last words to Tyrion were 'you're no son of mine"

As to why Tywin would continue to be hand of the kind remember he's a political animal and a back stabbing one at that. He ultimately betrayed the mad king and I believe open the gates of king's landing to Robert's army and of course Jamie killed the mad king about the same time. It's not clear how old Tyrion would have been at that time.
Tyrion was born in 273 AC and the sack of Kings Landing happened in 283 AC so he was 10. The timeline actually works better for Jamie and Cersei to be Targaryens. Also I think it fits best with Tywin's character that Tyrion is the only child he is sure is his, thus his intense hatred of that child (hating weakness above all else and what could be "weaker" than fathering a dwarf?), but his unwillingness to get rid of it (c'mon, if Tyrion was not his, wouldn't Tywin have pitched him down a well soon after his birth). Think how much that would rankle with him, insecurity about one or both of the (perfectly formed and beautiful) twins' paternity but completely sure that the Monster is his.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT