ADVERTISEMENT

HBO's Game of Thrones [April 13]

Seems pretty unlikely since they have come face to face, and there has been no established time travel so far.

As we have discussed, HBO writing is suspect, so who knows what they might do.
Here is what I read.

Game of Thrones fans have given us some pretty wild theories this season, but this one takes the cake, so please prepare to have your mind blown. According to a casual genius lurking on Reddit, the Night King is immortal and there's no way for Jon Snow to kill him. In fact, the only way to get rid of him is to casually become him. .

"Someone has to 'pull out' the dragonglass in his chest which was used to create him in the first place. By doing this the Night King would 'die,' but unlike what happens when someone kills a 'normal' white walker, none of the creatures the Night king 'created' or turned would die. Instead they would lose the mind controlling effect the Night King has on them, and they would start doing whatever the f*ck they want, i.e. rampaging around the country. To prevent this scenario from happening someone has to take the place of the Night King by stabbing himself with the previously extracted dragonglass-dagger. By doing this the person (in our mind Jon Snow) would sacrifice himself for the greater good, gaining control over all of the wights and walkers. He then would lead them back over the wall back into the north where they would stay like it has been before since the last long night (like a beast in a cage)."
Literally, us/Jon Snow right now:

This theory, known as the Davy Jones Theory because of its similarity to Pirates of the Caribbean, is also linked to the Azor Ahai lore. Reddit claims that Azor is the original Night King, took up the job in a moment of sacrifice (like Jon Snow will), and even helped build the wall. Crazy, right? Meh, not really:

"After that the Night King secluded himself far in the North where no one else could survive. Now over time (in the many years since the Long Night) the personality of the former Azor Ahai slowly began to decay and he finally turned into what we see now in the series as the Night King. At some point the vanishing personality of Azor Ahai could no longer hold in check the 'evil' that was lingering inside him. At that point the Night King started moving again, returning from the far North and slowly started creating new white walkers / wights as he had before. And thus creating an never ending, ever repeating cycle of someone becoming the Night King (saving all living beings), secluding himself in the north, losing his personality and returning as evil."

I had thought of a similar scenario but not the detail of the dragonglass as the conduit.

This type of scenario is being foreshadowed by Jon already having been killed by a knife for his people

Whoever came up with that plays WoW, because that's what happened to the Lich King at the end of that expansion raid. Players finally kill him and crispy paladin who got fried by a dragon comes up and puts on Lich Kings Helm of Control and says, "there must always be a Lich King," basically to control all the frozen undead.

So, yeah, not buying into that HBO is going to copy Warcraft.

Reactions: OSUIvan
My thought was that he and Jon we're engaged in battle and as he grabbed Jon by the arm making skin contact Jon would kill him but the process of him turning into the Night King continued as Jon turned frosty with blue eyes

Here is what I read.

Game of Thrones fans have given us some pretty wild theories this season, but this one takes the cake, so please prepare to have your mind blown. According to a casual genius lurking on Reddit, the Night King is immortal and there's no way for Jon Snow to kill him. In fact, the only way to get rid of him is to casually become him. .

"Someone has to 'pull out' the dragonglass in his chest which was used to create him in the first place. By doing this the Night King would 'die,' but unlike what happens when someone kills a 'normal' white walker, none of the creatures the Night king 'created' or turned would die. Instead they would lose the mind controlling effect the Night King has on them, and they would start doing whatever the f*ck they want, i.e. rampaging around the country. To prevent this scenario from happening someone has to take the place of the Night King by stabbing himself with the previously extracted dragonglass-dagger. By doing this the person (in our mind Jon Snow) would sacrifice himself for the greater good, gaining control over all of the wights and walkers. He then would lead them back over the wall back into the north where they would stay like it has been before since the last long night (like a beast in a cage)."
Literally, us/Jon Snow right now:

This theory, known as the Davy Jones Theory because of its similarity to Pirates of the Caribbean, is also linked to the Azor Ahai lore. Reddit claims that Azor is the original Night King, took up the job in a moment of sacrifice (like Jon Snow will), and even helped build the wall. Crazy, right? Meh, not really:

"After that the Night King secluded himself far in the North where no one else could survive. Now over time (in the many years since the Long Night) the personality of the former Azor Ahai slowly began to decay and he finally turned into what we see now in the series as the Night King. At some point the vanishing personality of Azor Ahai could no longer hold in check the 'evil' that was lingering inside him. At that point the Night King started moving again, returning from the far North and slowly started creating new white walkers / wights as he had before. And thus creating an never ending, ever repeating cycle of someone becoming the Night King (saving all living beings), secluding himself in the north, losing his personality and returning as evil."

One big problem with this theory. How do they explain it to the viewer, or to Jon Snow? Maybe Bran sees the past in his vision and tells Jon, so that he knows what he has to do...

I guess that would work.

Doesn't specifically say HER little brother, tho that's what everyone assumes.
"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

In High Valyrian, valonqar means little brother. Cersei has lived all her life fearing that one day Tyrion will kill her with his own hands. Many fans believe that the valonqar could be Jaime, because even though they are twins, Cersei was born first.

She said THE valonqar, not YOUR valonqar. The word itself (as we debate the definition of a made up word in a made up language) denotes no ownership.

Additionally, as we have already seen, high valyrian if often gender neutral, leading many to believe it could be a younger sister (Arya, Dani, Sansa).

Another potential is she dies as a result of a bad pregnancy. She was told she will only have 3 kids, she is suppposedly preggo, and she was told of the valonqar right after mention of her children.

She said THE valonqar, not YOUR valonqar. The word itself (as we debate the definition of a made up word in a made up language) denotes no ownership.

Additionally, as we have already seen, high valyrian if often gender neutral, leading many to believe it could be a younger sister (Arya, Dani, Sansa).

Another potential is she dies as a result of a bad pregnancy. She was told she will only have 3 kids, she is suppposedly preggo, and she was told of the valonqar right after mention of her children.

I think you are being obtuse. You have basically just explained that she could be strangled by anyone who is a younger brother or sister. Based on your logic, the only people who are ruled out are those that have no siblings or are the oldest of the siblings.

Not much point in making such a wide ranging prophecy.

I loved it. Why did I think this was the final season?

Shockingly you're not alone, my wife had a friend that thought last weeks episode was the last episode of the show.

I thought it was by far the best one this season only because I loved seeing all the characters in the dragon pit.
Thank god that the whole sister tension was laid to rest I really did not like that whole story line.

Dish have an HBO issue? I don't subscribe to HBO right now so unaware but will for GOT.

HBO and Cinemax have been removed from Dish for a couple of months now for a contract dispute. I dont mind it currently as I'm not getting charged, but it better be back bu GOT time ;-)

You two dudes with Dish might have to do what I will if it isn’t settled by April and just pay for the HBO anywhere app. It’s 20 bucks a month which Is what I think it cost with Dish but I better comes out cheaper after the settlement. HBO want people using the app if they don’t have what ever cable company they own or owns them.

Reactions: OrangePhish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT