ADVERTISEMENT

HBO's Game of Thrones [April 13]

I think Griff will prove to be a huge waste of time, and another example of GRRM pinning him self into a corner by complicating his story at a point where you should really be starting to wrap things up instead of adding more complexity.

I think GRRM sees those subplots as filler to take the reader away while the main characters grow up. In the books you get the sense that Arya has been training for a good while now since we dont visit her every 2 chapters. Sort of heres a diistraction while "her life goes on". The show has real issues in trying to convey this. It felt like she dropped out of Assassins 101 in about the 5th week in the show. I do agree though, the books are getting a bit too tangled with, who gives a crap, characters..

Reactions: PDT816
Good. Someone I dont have to google to figure out who he is.

Quick summary (in case you are curious). Griff is a fake name given to Aegon Targaryean.

He claims to be Rhaegar Targaryean's (Dany's older brother who was killed by Robert Barathean when Dany was a baby) son. Supposedly, The Mountain killed both of Rhaegar's children and presented their dead bodies to Robert and to Tywin Lannister, but the boy's head was bashed in pretty badly and unrecognizable. Griff thinks that he is the real Aegon, and that another baby was substituted for him prior to being killed by the Mountain. But, it is possible that he is not who he thinks he is, and that Varys (and another dude) took a baby with very blond hair and blue eyes, and made up the whole thing in hopes of making him king of Westeros and gaining more power for themselves.

If he really is Aegon, he would have a better claim to the throne than Dany or Visyres (Dany's brother who had molton gold dumped on his head).

Here is an interesting article about a Reddit theory that predicts three big events for next weeks finale episode:

A new Game of Thrones theory doing the rounds predicting that three of the most-anticipated moments to come will all take place in what is sure to be a packed season seven finale.

A Reddit user has predicted a climactic showdown like no other – hoping Jon Snow is successful in his expedition to bring a White Walker in front of Cersei in a bid to prove there’s currently more to worry about than who sits on the Iron Throne.

Cersei seemed open to the idea of meeting with Daenerys, Jon and company after discovering she was pregnant with Jaime’s baby. While the Queen is no doubt overjoyed to have seemingly proved the prophecy wrong – that she will have three children and they will all die – this still seems like a huge turnaround for her character. Surely she has something up her sleeve?

“So Cersei doesn’t strike me as the type to enter a truce for the safety and good of the realm. She would view that encounter as an opportunity to conveniently take out her remaining opponents. As a women who doesn’t believe in folklore (I.e. Dany being the ”unburnt“) and as poetic justice for the loot train battle and incinerating the Tarly’s, she sentences them both to death by wildfire. Also a nice parallel to when Dany’s father killed Ned Stark’s brother and father. The sentence is served but BOTH Dany and Jon remain unburnt after the wildfire subsides.”

Revelation number one – Jon Snow is a Targaryen confirming the long-standing R+L=J theory that was teased by Gilly in last week’s episode.

“The room is silent. Cersei starts demanding that her guards kill them, but everyone – stunned and in awe of what they just saw – start to slowly fall to their knees. Cersei goes batshit crazy, screaming “I AM THE QUEEN!” And demanding that someone kills them. Jaime, with a panicked look on his face, is talking in her ear, trying to talk sense into her. At the same time, the Mountain steps forward and the room holds their breath, but the Hound (with the guards holding him now on their knees) leaps forward to defend Dany and Jon. CLEGANEBOWL confirmed!! The Hound strikes down the mountain.”

Revelation number two – the long-anticipated duel between the two Clegane brothers.

“The Mountain’s death is a snapping point for Cersei, and she starts screaming at Qyburn to “BURN THEM ALL!” Qyburn starts to make a move but the Hound goes after him with Jon’s naked body in hot pursuit. Jaime, with a tortured/heartbroken expression looks at Cersei as she’s screaming “BURN THEM ALL.” He grabs her by the shoulders, shaking her to stop, but she keeps screaming. Then his hands move to her neck to silence her screaming. He fulfills Maggy the Frog’s prophecy as Cersei breathes her last.”

The main writing hole that really bothers me is where is ghost? The dire wolfs are such a part of the story then they weren't. So they killed them off wrapped up Arya's sroty but just forgot about Ghost. Such weakness.

Reactions: gopokes2003
People who can't forgive some plot holes due to compressed timeframes for actors lives are just too damned wrapped up in the GoT universe. They have to teleport all across the world in order to compress the story line so they can finish. Good grief, let it go.

I've made peace with the teleportation. The inconsistent characters and the over reliance on deus ex machine is getting a little out of control. So much of it in one episode was tough.

I still would rather watch an hour of this more than anything on TV.

The main writing hole that really bothers me is where is ghost? The dire wolfs are such a part of the story then they weren't. So they killed them off wrapped up Arya's sroty but just forgot about Ghost. Such weakness.

Agree, but the direwolves have never really been as important in the show as in the books. There is no real magical connection between them and the kids. Jon, Arya and its hinted even Rob were warging into the wolves in the books, I don't think any of them have in the show have they? They are little more than large pets.

People who can't forgive some plot holes due to compressed timeframes for actors lives are just too damned wrapped up in the GoT universe. They have to teleport all across the world in order to compress the story line so they can finish. Good grief, let it go.

"too damned wrapped up in the GoT universe"

The careful building of that universe is what sets it apart from crappy tv.

Agree, but the direwolves have never really been as important in the show as in the books. There is no real magical connection between them and the kids. Jon, Arya and its hinted even Rob were warging into the wolves in the books, I don't think any of them have in the show have they? They are little more than large pets.
I just meant they have either killed the wolves off or explained where they are but Ghost just magically went away. How about leaving Ghost behind with Sansa to protect her from little finger. Takes all of 5 seconds of air time. Not knowing distracts me from the show a bit.

"too damned wrapped up in the GoT universe"

The careful building of that universe is what sets it apart from crappy tv.

I'm sure some people actually liked Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, because the special effects were really good.

Maybe.

My guess is the dragons are using all the CGI money

Clearly.

There was an interview after the Battle of the Bastards. HBO said they had the budget to include Wun Wun or Ghost, but not both. So, they chose Wun Wun, and Ghost was inexplicably absent.

As I said at the time... better writers would have had Jon utter a throwaway line like... "I forced Ghost to stay behind, at Winterfell, and keep Sansa safe".

Arya kills Littlefinger.

Discuss.
please hurry.

LF has gone from a puppet master of all of Westeros and a source of T&A, to a puppet master of two bratty kids.

They need another sub plot now that it seems Sam's is dwindling, but the Winterfell one sucks. LF ranks a 2 on my give a shit list.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Also, didn't Sansa lose her mind when they executed Ned? Why would Arya ignore that when acting like Sansa was fine with their dad's head being chopped off? The Winterfell parts are really off.

The Arya Sansa thing isn't that out of the blue. Remember the seeds were sown in season one when Sansa refuse to back Arya after her clash with Joffrey at the river. This lead to the death of her friend the butcher boy and her wolf being sentenced to death. The two remained distrustful of each other in KIng's landing. They have never been close. Its not that much of a stretch for Arya to believe that Sansa would choose Joffrey over her family.

The Arya Sansa thing isn't that out of the blue. Remember the seeds were sown in season one when Sansa refuse to back Arya after her clash with Joffrey at the river. This lead to the death of her friend the butcher boy and her wolf being sentenced to death. The two remained distrustful of each other in KIng's landing. They have never been close. Its not that much of a stretch for Arya to believe that Sansa would choose Joffrey over her family.

Oh I know they were never all that close. Still, Arya saw Sansa lose it when their dad was executed. To act like Sansa was just up there looking pretty is weird.

I hope there is something going on they aren't showing us because if not I feel like they've butchered that character this season.

Even my wife is to the point of poking holes in the story line. When that happens, it's bad, real bad.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Oh I know they were never all that close. Still, Arya saw Sansa lose it when their dad was executed. To act like Sansa was just up there looking pretty is weird.

I hope there is something going on they aren't showing us because if not I feel like they've butchered that character this season.
I remember Arya being pulled down and eyes covered by someone (can't remember the dudes name). I don't believe she witnessed the reaction of Sansa after the execution. If I'm remembering correctly she would not have that background then to draw from.

I remember Arya being pulled down and eyes covered by someone (can't remember the dudes name). I don't believe she witnessed the reaction of Sansa after the execution. If I'm remembering correctly she would not have that background then to draw from.
Believe that was black brother Yoren, who took her north out of KL with his merry band including Jaqen Haghar (sp).

So did eddard become jaqen hqar or another faceless man in prison and put his face on another body/person bedore the beheading? Jaqen was in the same prison at the same time......

So did eddard become jaqen hqar or another faceless man in prison and put his face on another body/person bedore the beheading? Jaqen was in the same prison at the same time......

I don't believe it works that way. To take another person face they have to be dead.

I don't think Jamie will be the one that chokes her. The prophecy has been followed pretty specifically so far, and Jamie only has one hand. Maggie said, 'with his hands.'

Be fun if it were Sam.

I don't think Jamie will be the one that chokes her. The prophecy has been followed pretty specifically so far, and Jamie only has one hand. Maggie said, 'with his hands.'

Be fun if it were Sam.

Whaaaat?

You are saying it can't be Jaime due to the prophecy, but you are suggesting it might be Sam, when the prophecy states that it will be her brother.

p.s. A hand made of gold is still a hand.

I read an interesting theory that Jon will become the Night's King. If this happens it might be sadder then if they just had him die.

I read an interesting theory that Jon will become the Night's King. If this happens it might be sadder then if they just had him die.

Seems pretty unlikely since they have come face to face, and there has been no established time travel so far.

As we have discussed, HBO writing is suspect, so who knows what they might do.

Seems pretty unlikely since they have come face to face, and there has been no established time travel so far.

As we have discussed, HBO writing is suspect, so who knows what they might do.
They better not go the time travel crap route. I would be pissed. I just think that all sucks since we saw the guy who became the NK.

Doesn't specifically say HER little brother, tho that's what everyone assumes.

Ned showing up now in any way or form would be cheap.

Anyone but Jaime or Tyrion fulfilling the prophesy would be cheap.

I could see Jon being turned into the Night King but not the current guy, but the next in succession.

Reactions: OSUIvan
This NK is the original guy; as we just saw, he dies, you take everyone else out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT