ADVERTISEMENT

HBO's Game of Thrones [April 13]

He will die before he completes his work. Book it :p
555738358aa6cae2aa563b06a6b870e5_grrm-18-meme-martin-vs-fans-george-rr-martin-meme-espaol_610-442.png

Who's the guy with the fire sword?

Pretty sure that is Thoros of Myr. He is the red priest who kept bringing Baric Dondarian back to life in the first season (or two).

Not sure if you have read the books or not, but in the books, he was known for dousing his sword in flammable liquid and lighting it before fighting.

Pretty sure that is Thoros of Myr. He is the red priest who kept bringing Baric Dondarian back to life in the first season (or two).

Not sure if you have read the books or not, but in the books, he was known for dousing his sword in flammable liquid and lighting it before fighting.
Close, but no cigar, that's Baric Dondarian himself with the flaming sword.
beric%20dondarrion%20game%20of%20thrones.jpg

This is Thoros

thoros-1024.jpg

My memory is probably off, but I think in the books he lit it on fire in tournaments as a play on "the prince who was promised", who is is supposed to wield "lightbringer" a flaming, or glowing sword in the fight against the White Walkers. Sort of a publicity stunt.

My memory is probably off, but I think in the books he lit it on fire in tournaments as a play on "the prince who was promised", who is is supposed to wield "lightbringer" a flaming, or glowing sword in the fight against the White Walkers. Sort of a publicity stunt.
He was trying to convert Robert to the religion of the R'hllor, by showing the power of his "god." Lightbringer is the sword of Azor Ahai a legendary hero who is prophesied to fight the Great Other. The Prince that was promised is a different prophecy. The prince that was promised is a prophesied leader or savior. The prince may be part of an ancient prophecy which foretells the coming of a hero to deliver the world from darkness. A "bleeding star" is supposed to herald the coming of the prince.[1] The prince is said to have "a song", the song of ice and fire. Melisandre used the terms Azor Ahai and the prince that was promised interchangeably, but she mainly uses Azor Ahai. The others in the series that mention it don't talk about Azor Ahai and nothing in the prophecy says anything about a weapon.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Close, but no cigar, that's Baric Dondarian himself with the flaming sword.
beric%20dondarrion%20game%20of%20thrones.jpg

This is Thoros

thoros-1024.jpg

The actor who plays Dondarian is in a series on Amazon called Fortitude. Really enjoyed it. He's a good actor.

Jeebus that dragon is huge.
Tyrion wearing the Hand medallion.
Daenerys walking around Stannis's carved table.

Another Time article below. This one's more about writing season 8 (the last season) and some other random thoughts from the show creators. A few of the quotes are recycled from the first article I linked, but this one might be worth a read for anyone who's counting down the minutes until Sunday night's premiere.

http://time.com/4791793/game-of-thrones-season-7-david-benioff-d-b-weiss/

So I just read an interesting theory that Bran might be the Nights King. These theories are getting crazier by the day. Can't wait for Sunday.

Reactions: BluegrassPoke
So I just read an interesting theory that Bran might be the Nights King. These theories are getting crazier by the day. Can't wait for Sunday.

Are you sure it wasn't Bran the Builder? I have read that theory before. Bran the Builder was a Stark of many generations ago who was responsible for building the Wall and Castle Black.

Cinemablend website had an article with 9 theories that could prove to be true or false. Kinda interesting.

I'm just ready for it to get here.

Are you sure it wasn't Bran the Builder? I have read that theory before. Bran the Builder was a Stark of many generations ago who was responsible for building the Wall and Castle Black.
No it was saying that Bran time travels IE how he does with the trees and that he becomes the Night's King. Like he tries to go back in time to stop the children of the forest from making the Night's king into a WW. They had some examples that when he sees the Night's King get stabbed with dragon glass in the heart to become a WW when Bran comes back from the vision then he is in the same position and holding his heart with a pained face. They also used the example of the Night's King ability to touch Bran. I think it is pretty far fetched but they did have some decent points.

So what are everyone's expectations for plotlines this season?

Will (1) the war for the iron throne be resolved, or (2) the war with the whitewalkers be resolved, or will both of these storylines continue into season 8?

It seems like Littlefinger could go in any number of directions with his plans. What's his next move?

Will Arya reunite with Sansa and Jon, or will she go to Kings' Landing and continue exacting revenge, one kill at at time?

Will the Tyrells and the Sand Snakes actually align with Daenerys? Can the Sand Snakes be trusted in such an alliance?

Is Jaqen H'ghar going to made an appearance? If so, in what way?

Will the Hound align himself with the Brotherhood without Banners? Will the BoB join a side in the war, or will they continue along their current path?

What will be the reactions of the power brokers in Westeros when they actually see dragons for the first time in hundreds of years as opposed to merely hearing stories about the return of dragons across the see?

If you've read spoilers online, don't post them!

Just finished watching season six and man forgot how great last season was. I am so pumped for the new season tonight!!!

Reactions: Colorado_Poke
Me too, but with only 7 episodes this season, we don't need any more slow episodes like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT