ADVERTISEMENT

FBI raid on Trump's Mar-a-Lago

Google will straighten it out for you. I thought you knew that.
Why don't you Google for us what dangerous precedent has been set for our country when the rule of law is followed.

You have yet to explain your claim. Appears you need some help making sense of your own nonsense.

Why don't you Google for us what dangerous precedent has been set for our country when the rule of law is followed.

You have yet to explain your claim. Appears you need some help making sense of your own nonsense.
Yer serious?

Says the man who last week suspended an elected state attorney, yet now he wants to whine about political weaponization.🙄

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.
Suspended an elected state attorney who said he would not uphold the law. Seems you are only a rule of law guy when you agree with the law, not so much when you don’t.

Is that the guy who was appointed by Trump despite his previous support for Jeb Bush? I see a lot of speculation that he "must have been the one" - I guess time will tell.
I admit I know nothing of the guy. Turns out he's a Federal Magistrate. Fine, I just wonder why the entire DC branch of the FBI on a case that is based in Washington DC had to go to a Magistrate in South Florida for mishandling of a documents case based in DC.

I admit I know nothing of the guy. Turns out he's a Federal Magistrate. Fine, I just wonder why the entire DC branch of the FBI on a case that is based in Washington DC had to go to a Magistrate in South Florida for mishandling of a documents case based in DC.
Venue? Seems fairly straightforward to me. They went to a Trump-appointed judge for this. If they were shopping it, wouldn't they walk down the hall to a fellow swamp critter?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Suspended an elected state attorney who said he would not uphold the law. Seems you are only a rule of law guy when you agree with the law, not so much when you don’t.
Have you seen me criticize what DeSantis did? I'll answer that for you. No.

I am a rule of law guy. Which means I support the rule of law, regardless of who it applies to. Unlike DeSantis, who claims to uphold the rule of law one week, and the next, attacks the rule of law.

Do you support the rule of law? Are you happy about what DeSantis did but outraged by a legal search warrant being executed in a legal investigation because it happened to be a Republican who was on the receiving end of that warrant?

You HAVE to get the search warrant in the judicial district where the search will occur.

A magistrate in DC has no authority or jurisdiction to grant a search warrant to be executed in Florida.

Now you know….you’re welcome.

Last edited:
Venue? Seems fairly straightforward to me. They went to a Trump-appointed judge for this. If they were shopping it, wouldn't they walk down the hall to a fellow swamp critter?

He’s a magistrate judge, not an Article III Judge. So he isn’t actually a “Trump-appointed” judge.

Magistrate judges are selected by a majority of the Article III Judges in the District. If no majority consensus can be reached about who the magistrate judge is to be, the Chief Presiding Judge of the District selects the magistrate.

It is typically for a term of 8 years, but there are no term limits that they can be rehired for. There are statutory qualifications to be met and a mandatory application process, but magistrate judges are not subject to advice and consent of the Senste.

He’s a magistrate judge, not an Article III Judge. So he isn’t actually a “Trump-appointed” judge.

Magistrate judges are selected by a majority of the Article III Judges in the District. If no majority consensus can be reached about who the magistrate judge is to be, the Chief Presiding Judge of the District selects the magistrate.

It is typically for a term of 8 years, but there are no term limits that they can be rehired for. There are statutory qualifications to be met and a mandatory application process, but magistrate judges are not subject to advice and consent of the Senste.
Good to know. Thank you!

Have you seen me criticize what DeSantis did? I'll answer that for you. No.

I am a rule of law guy. Which means I support the rule of law, regardless of who it applies to. Unlike DeSantis, who claims to uphold the rule of law one week, and the next, attacks the rule of law.

Do you support the rule of law? Are you happy about what DeSantis did but outraged by a legal search warrant being executed in a legal investigation because it happened to be a Republican who was on the receiving end of that warrant?
Is that not what you were referring to?

Yea I’m outraged with the overly aggressive tactics of this DOJ but again Democrats are setting the rules Republicans will play by when they return to power.

Reactions: colcord
Is that not what you were referring to?
Yes, I was referring to DeSantis' hypocrisy for appealing to the rule of law one week and then attacking it the next week.

Yea I’m outraged with the overly aggressive tactics of this DOJ but again Democrats are setting the rules Republicans will play by when they return to power.
So executing a legal search warrant in a legal investigation is now an "overly aggressive tactic" yet, suspending an elected state attorney wasn't?🙄

As usual, it all comes down to party politics for you. What is happening to Trump is wrong because he is a Republican and you support him. What happened to that state attorney was right because he is a Democrat and you oppose him.

Reactions: davidallen
If I’m Bruce Reinhart I’m going into hiding given the precedent set by the lefties protesting at the SCOTUS’ homes.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
If I’m Bruce Reinhart I’m going into hiding given the precedent set by the lefties protesting at the SCOTUS’ homes.
Southern Florida District Court disabled the link to his bio information on their website.

Maybe they’re following your recommendation, I dunno.

Southern Florida District Court disabled the link to his bio information on their website.

Maybe they’re following your recommendation, I dunno.
I would hope nothing bad happens to him, but given precedent, it should be perfectly alright for hordes of people to march around the sidewalk in front of his house with a bullhorn and make him and his family as uncomfortable as possible.

Yes, I was referring to DeSantis' hypocrisy for appealing to the rule of law one week and then attacking it the next week.

So executing a legal search warrant in a legal investigation is now an "overly aggressive tactic" yet, suspending an elected state attorney wasn't?🙄

As usual, it all comes down to party politics for you. What is happening to Trump is wrong because he is a Republican and you support him. What happened to that state attorney was right because he is a Democrat and you oppose him.

I find it hilarious to listen to these cultist claim that nobody who may run for President should be investigated by the FBI. They sure were not saying this back in 2015/2016.

Lock her up! Lock her up!

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Thanks to Lock her up, we all learned that the presidential records act was meaningless and that the mishandling of classified data didn't matter.

Thanks to Lock her up, we all learned that the presidential records act was meaningless and that the mishandling of classified data didn't matter.
Actually, this isn't what "we" learned at all.

Perhaps you should review the findings of the investigation because you appear confused.

Never said otherwise. I simply asked a question as it feels like taking 'boxes' of random material could easily be in violation of the 4th amendment.
It's not easily, it is. The FBI has to be specific about what they are looking for. They can't say, "we are looking for papers in a box", they have to say we are looking for document x that is classified, and it is located in box in Trumps bedroom closet." Everything else is not allowed, but if they see something that is out, on their way to the closet, they can take it and use it in court, but that doesn't mean they can search every drawer in the kitchen to find it. I would like to see the warrant, and what is written on it.

Now they could just take everything, and not worry about what is admissible in court or not, as they don't plan on prosecuting any of it. Then turn around and say oops sorry, but then leak it all to the media and let the court of public opinion take over. The evidence they collect unconstitutionally is not admissible in court, but it can be used to build another case by pointing to other evidence they can then go look for and collect constitutionally.

Regardless, it seems as if we are plummeting toward a civil war. I don't think there is any kind of middle ground that can be achieved any more. There are only sides now, and diplomacy has left the station. The side that holds power will try to kill the other side's ability to take office.

Reactions: Corndog2021
I'm not sure what probable cause they had that would compel a judge to issue a warrant. But the optics of this episode stinks. It sure looks like a political party weaponized the DoJ and FBI against a political opponent; all the while ignoring similar or worse activities by political allies.

The FBI has to be specific about what they are looking for. They can't say, "we are looking for papers in a box", they have to say we are looking for document x that is classified, and it is located in box in Trumps bedroom closet." Everything else is not allowed,

So, this is why they broke into Trump's safe and went through Melania's wardrobe. It all makes sense now. :rolleyes:

Two out of the three have been/or are being legally investigated (which you cheered). And a third is serving time in prison.

Dance lil Monkey 🤣

israel-dancing.gif

Reactions: iasooner2000
I'm not sure what probable cause they had that would compel a judge to issue a warrant. But the optics of this episode stinks. It sure looks like a political party weaponized the DoJ and FBI against a political opponent; all the while ignoring similar or worse activities by political allies.
Reminds me of actions I've seen taken by African leaders Kasavubu and Mobutu. Lamumba was too stupid.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I'm not sure what probable cause they had that would compel a judge to issue a warrant. But the optics of this episode stinks.
You aren't supposed to know. But they had to have it, which should tell you something.

But the optics of this episode stinks. It sure looks like a political party weaponized the DoJ and FBI against a political opponent; all the while ignoring similar or worse activities by political allies.
So exercising a lawful search warrant during a legal investigation is now "bad optics"? Or is it only bad optics because of who the search warrant was served on?

To most rational Americans who have respect for the rule of law, this doesn't look like a political party weaponizing the DOJ and the FBI. That is Trump speak and right-wing spin. All we are seeing is that no man is above the law in our country. All Americans who care about the rule of law should celebrate that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT