ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12s

According to twitter...there's no criteria. Duckworth recanted...if we win 197 we'll be co-champs

Plott also almost had 2 pins in his first 2 matches. He lost his 2nd match. The team point last night at 141 is huge right now.

How many pins do we have total in the whole tournament? Not many.

The team deduction point at 141 is a killer.....don't know if it was Gfeller mouthing off or the coaches...but I guess we're co-champs

There was no point in G weighing in again and wrestling, he already lost chance at an AL.

Went back and watched Mastro v Witcraft match to see if recollection was correct, it was. Pretty much the entire 3 periods in neutral with Mastro never taking a shot, backing up hoping to counter Witcraft's shots, which there were many. Witcraft got called for stalling, rightfully so for not returning Mastro to the mat, obviously he is long and difficult ult to return once standing. But difference in match was next restart, W legs in locked up head & arm, W maybe didn't see/hear the 5 count, no coach to warn him, or forgot he already had a warning. Basically shouldve been a tie match go to SV. I agree with srting M but no idea why they didn't trade off at 125 or at least both enter challenge tournament. Mastro has improved but it was painfully obvious from beginning he was going to get beat by an avg wrestler who is good on top. W proved he can get out of 133s but never given chance at 125. I do think Mastro is the future for 125 so getting matches this year is good.
Looks like G weighing in and wrestling and getting 7th wins okie st the title

Gfeller crushed us in this tournament. 8th place in conference. Team point deduction and then forfeits today. Terrible.

Aj tried to put the chip on his back. The kid is special.
AJ Ferrari is the man. All of that pressure and he enjoyed himself and performed. He really tried to get the major and the refs wouldn't give him the 2 back points. Daton not getting a major hurts. Wittlake after blowing it in the semi's didn't get any bonus points in 2 consolation matches against average division 1 wrestlers was costly. AJ may win Nationals this year. Whoever lost the point with the G match really messed up and G not wrestling in the 8th place match also costly.

AJ, Daton, and Boo are legit national contenders...lets just hope the other wrestlers actually show up.

The team deduction point at 141 is a killer.....don't know if it was Gfeller mouthing off or the coaches...but I guess we're co-champs
Gotta put this totally on the coaches, they couldve also made G weigh in & wrestle today to get that point back but who knew they would need a half point? Ferrari pretty close to putting him on his back 3 or 4 times, thought the cradle might be it.

That said the coaches need to sit down with him and have a talk, you don't celebrate before the match is over. Ask OU's Josh Lambrecht about how it aint over till its over, even if you have a tech. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY45 and NCcowboy
I don’t have much hope for G but the flip side is him getting down to 141 and scoring some points helped get us the share of the title.

Reactions: JAY45 and osu2082
Looks like G weighing in and wrestling and getting 7th wins okie st the title
Yep :(

Although we really need to stop focusing on Big 12 and worry about NCAA, if you can't finish 4th or better NCAA then who cares that you won b12.

Gotta put this totally on the coaches, they couldve also made G weigh in & wrestle today to get that point back but who knew they would need a half point? Ferrari pretty close to putting him on his back 3 or 4 times, thought the cradle might be it.

That said the coaches need to sit down with him and have a talk, you don't celebrate before the match is over. Ask OU's Josh Lanbrecht about how it aint over till its over, even if you have a tech. :(

G was pretty upset for not getting a reversal and did have words as did the coaches....again don't know if he popped off at the mouth or it was the coaches. Either way both wrestler and coach have to keep their cool. There's plenty of blame for everyone. Certain wrestlers shitting the bed played a role as well.

In guessing are coaches suck AJ , Daton , and Boo should of all teched fall pinned there opponents.

Sloan defaulting to Woodley ended up being massive too.

We finished higher than OU in 7 out of the 10 weights.

Reactions: osu2082
G was pretty upset for not getting a reversal and did have words as did the coaches....again don't know if he popped off at the mouth or it was the coaches. Either way both wrestler and coach have to keep their cool. There's plenty of blame for everyone. Certain wrestlers shitting the bed played a role as well.
Doesn't matter if it was G or the coaches, thats still on the coaches. Just like AJ's stupid stuff during the finals, thats a coach issue, they need to fix it!

Doesn't matter if it was G or the coaches, thats still on the coaches. Just like AJ's stupid stuff during the finals, thats a coach issue, they need to fix it!

G immaturity isn't on the coaches...that's on the wrestler. He's not a child, and he's not a freshman. He needs to grow the hell up. Either that or simply walk away from the sport. Do the coaches need to clean up some things...sure but I'm someone who thinks athletes aren't exempt from blame. Both can be wrong, and both are IMO...simple as that!!

G immaturity isn't on the coaches...that's on the wrestler. He's not a child, and he's not a freshman. He needs to grow the hell up. Either that or simply walk away from the sport. Do the coaches need to clean up some things...sure but I'm someone who thinks athletes aren't exempt from blame. Both can be wrong, and both are IMO...simple as that!!

I don’t disagree with you at all if G was the one who said something. Do we know if it was him? Our coaches have gotten plenty of team points deducted over the years.

I don’t disagree with you at all if G was the one who said something. Do we know if it was him? Our coaches have gotten plenty of team points deducted over the years.

G walked off the mat, didn't shake hands and was mouthing off the officials when we were hit with a penalty point. Coaches were talking arguing he got the reversal as well. Either way...shake/dab the kid and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT