ADVERTISEMENT

About The Reported Lack Of Debate(s) In The Democratic Primary Season

I highly doubt RFK Jr. would "destroy" Biden in a debate. Indeed, I don't know if it would help RFK Jr. to debate Biden. Such a debate would give the President an excellent opportunity to define RFK Jr. to those Democratic voters who don't know much about him, and that could seriously hurt RFK Jr. moving forward, especially after the 2024 election cycle.

RFK Jr. has a huge benefit right now in that his last name is Kennedy. There are Democrats that don't know about some of his crazy positions and willingness to embrace wild conspiracy theories. A debate with President Biden would end that. I would think RFK Jr.'s advisors are just fine with no debate with the President at this time. No debate helps RFK Jr. too. Both in reality and spin.

btw, this too is also evident when one looks at Gabbard and Harris. You like to claim Gabbard destroyed Harris, but she didn't. Harris is currently Vice President and is the leading candidate for the nomination apart from Biden. Vice President Harris still has a political future in the Democratic Party and it sitting at the table of power and influence. And where is Gabbard right now? Yeah.🤣🤣
Well of course Harris is VP and a leading candidate to replace Biden, the party autocrats had her scheduled to win the nomination until Gabbard threw a wrench in the works. They had to scramble to get Biden in. He was clearly their second choice behind Harris. They must have had a sleepless night the night Gabbard took Harris out. But they forced her onto Biden as VP and they think they’re set up for the foreseeable future. They’ll have to overcome Harris’ obvious shortcomings, but they’ll figure it out. Hell, they fugured it out with Biden.

In a debate with Jr the Democrat primary voters will discover what a reasonable and rational man he is, that they’ve been suckered by the establishment autocrats into believing a lie about him, and they may come away pissed off at the autocrats of theur party. There is no way Kennedy or his team want to avoid a debate, that is sheer hogwash on your part (you are the king of spreading pig poo after all). Kennedy will do to Biden what Gabbard did to Harris, and that must scare the hell out of your party bosses. Frankly that’s the only explanation for why they’re hiding Biden from a debate.

Last edited:
Hey @Ponca Dan and @Marocain Poke, let's go back in history and consider an ad that was published in the Dallas Morning News on the morning of November 22, 1964 by a group of right-wing business men. Here are a few excepts from the ad:

"WELCOME MR. KENNEDY TO DALLAS. . .
. . .A CITY so disgraced by a recent Liberal smear attempt that its citizens have just elected two more Conservative Americans to public office.
"

"A CITY that is an economic "boom town," not because of Federal handouts, but through conservative economic and business practices."

"WHY has Gus Hall, head of the U.S. Communist Party praised almost every one of your policies and announced that the party will endorse and support your re-election in 1964?"

"WHY have you banned the showing at U.S. military bases of the film "Operation Abolition"--the movie by the House Committee on Un-American Activities exposing Communism in America?"

"WHY have you ordered or permitted your brother Bobby, the Attorney General, to go soft on Communists, fellow-travelers, and ultra-leftists in America, while permitting him to persecute loyal Americans who criticize you, your administration, and your leadership?"

This could still be written today, directed at a Democratic President and Attorney General by right-wingers. Look at that last attack on RFK by these right-wingers. Sound familiar?

1201000373-l.jpg

Because I'm trying to get you to understand or even admit that it isn't just the Democratic Party doing this. Your assertion in your original post of what is the standard procedure was wrong. And that is why, btw, you refuse to discuss what Republicans did in 2020 and what Trump is now saying. You know you were and are wrong.

The same reason the "party bosses" of the Republican Party hid Trump from debate exposure in 2020. Trump was the incumbent and Republican leaders wanted him to be the nominee. Same goes for Biden now. He is the incumbent.

This isn't rocket science man. Again, this is the standard procedure when an incumbent President runs for re-election. The Democratic Party isn't creating anything new here.
What makes you think I think this is a Democrat-only thing? I’ve said NOTHING to indicate that. You’re doing what you always do, projecting your fantasy into reality in your mind. Start a thread about Republican debate procedures and I’ll talk to you about it as long as you want. And I won’t hide from your questions the way you’re hiding from mine. Start your own thread, show a backbone for once.

Reactions: AC2020
Hey @Ponca Dan and @Marocain Poke, let's go back in history and consider an ad that was published in the Dallas Morning News on the morning of November 22, 1964 by a group of right-wing business men. Here are a few excepts from the ad:

"WELCOME MR. KENNEDY TO DALLAS. . .
. . .A CITY so disgraced by a recent Liberal smear attempt that its citizens have just elected two more Conservative Americans to public office.
"

"A CITY that is an economic "boom town," not because of Federal handouts, but through conservative economic and business practices."

"WHY has Gus Hall, head of the U.S. Communist Party praised almost every one of your policies and announced that the party will endorse and support your re-election in 1964?"

"WHY have you banned the showing at U.S. military bases of the film "Operation Abolition"--the movie by the House Committee on Un-American Activities exposing Communism in America?"

"WHY have you ordered or permitted your brother Bobby, the Attorney General, to go soft on Communists, fellow-travelers, and ultra-leftists in America, while permitting him to persecute loyal Americans who criticize you, your administration, and your leadership?"

This could still be written today, directed at a Democratic President and Attorney General by right-wingers. Look at that last attack on RFK by these right-wingers. Sound familiar?

1201000373-l.jpg
So?

Well of course Harris is VP and a leading candidate to replace Biden, the party autocrats had her scheduled to win the nomination until Gabbard threw a wrench in the works. They had to scramble to get Biden in.
So now, all of a sudden, you think Democratic Party leaders wanted Harris over Biden in 2020? This isn't what you were saying in 2020. You were claiming back then they wanted Biden and was hoping they would eventually throw him overboard.

You know, you claimed he would be denied the nomination he won. You claimed he would step down after the first debate with Trump, etc.

So many claims by you that have been just flat out wrong. Seriously man, do you understand how crazy you sound?

Regardless, Harris is Vice President and Gabbard was forced out of the Democratic Party and has latched onto Fox News in order to remain afloat. Gabbard didn't come close to destroying Vice President Harris. She just destroyed herself.

In a debate with Jr the Democrat primary voters will discover what a reasonable and rational man he is, that they’ve been suckered by the establishment autocrats into believing a lie about him, and they may come away pissed off at the autocrats of theur party.
Wrong. President Biden would draw attention to the positions that RFK Jr. holds that most Democratic voters don't agree with. President Biden would be given a great opportunity to define RFK Jr. and point to some of the crazy positions he holds.

There is no way Kennedy or his team want to avoid a debate
Goodness, you just have such little knowledge of politics.

Of course Kennedy and his team don't want to debate President Biden right now. What they want right now is for RFK Jr.'s last name to carry the day for him. They don't want all Democrats learning about some of his crazy positions. They want Democratic voters to connect RFK Jr. to JFK and RFK. They want the mystique without the truth.

Dang man, wake up.
Kennedy will do to Biden what Gabbard did to Harris, and that must scare the hell out of your party bosses. Frankly that’s the only explanation for why they’re hiding Biden from a debate.
Again, Gabbard didn't do anything to Harris. Gabbard destroyed herself. Harris is now Vice President you nitwit.

And I've also already told you the explanation for no debates at this point. It is the same explanation for why the Republicans had no debates in 2020. Biden is the incumbent seeking re-election. Just as Trump was. This is the standard procedure for political parties when they have an incumbent President seeking re-election.

Last edited:
What makes you think I think this is a Democrat-only thing? I’ve said NOTHING to indicate that.
Yes, you have said nothing about the Republicans and Trump because you refuse to even discuss it.

So discuss it. Give us your thoughts on what Republicans did in 2020 regarding their debates. Give us your thoughts on what Trump is now saying about debates.

Go ahead. Say something instead of nothing.

And I won’t hide from your questions the way you’re hiding from mine.
lol, this is all you have been doing on this thread. Hiding from my questions and dodging them. I've answered every question you have asked.

Here is another question you won't answer. In your original post on this thread, you claimed, quote, "The standard procedure is for the candidates to stand eye to eye and hash out their differences so the voting public can watch and make an informed decision on who they want to lead."

Now, is this true as it relates to incumbent Presidents in their own party? Was it true for Trump in 2020?

Yes or no Dan?

Right over you head, huh?

Again, read that ad. And tell me a similar ad couldn't be written by right-wingers today directed at President Biden and the Attorney General. You can do the same @Ponca Dan, although I know you won't lol.

btw, President Kennedy read that ad on the morning of November 22, 1963. The day he was assassinated. And do you know what JFK said to his wife after reading that ad? He said, "We're heading into nut country today."

He called Dallas, which was a hotbed for right wing agitators at the time, "nut country."

That tells you all you need to know about what JFK and RFK thought of right-wingers. And what they would think of right-wingers today, if they were still alive.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
So now, all of a sudden, you think Democratic Party leaders wanted Harris over Biden in 2020? This isn't what you were saying in 2020. You were claiming back then they wanted Biden and was hoping they would eventually throw him overboard.

You know, you claimed he would be denied the nomination he won. You claimed he would step down after the first debate with Trump, etc.

So many claims by you that have been just flat out wrong. Seriously man, do you understand how crazy you sound?

Regardless, Harris is Vice President and Gabbard was forced out of the Democratic Party and has latched onto Fox News in order to remain afloat. Gabbard didn't come close to destroying Vice President Harris. She just destroyed herself.
You have your timelines mixed up. I didn’t understand at the time how badly they wanted Harris. It was obvious she is dumb ss a roock and as bad at politics as Hillary, so she wasn’t on my radar beyond recognizing the MSM was pushing her for all it was worth. I assumed it was identity politics on their part. Then she flamed out as badly as anyone could flame out. It was South Carokina’s primary where a sweetheart deal was struck to put Biden out front. And it was then it was obvious the autocrats of the party made a brazen show of hand and told people like you to support Biden. It was when they forced Biden to pick Harris that I realized that was their choice from the beginning. I bet they regret that choice now.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I
Yes, you have said nothing about the Republicans and Trump because you refuse to even discuss it.

So discuss it. Give us your thoughts on what Republicans did in 2020 regarding their debates. Give us your thoughts on what Trump is now saying about debates.

Go ahead. Say something instead of nothing.

lol, this is all you have been doing on this thread. Hiding from my questions and dodging them. I've answered every question you have asked.

Here is another question you won't answer. In your original post on this thread, you claimed, quote, "The standard procedure is for the candidates to stand eye to eye and hash out their differences so the voting public can watch and make an informed decision on who they want to lead."

Now, is this true as it relates to incumbent Presidents in their own party? Was it true for Trump in 2020?

Yes or no Dan?
I refuse to discuss Republican politics in a thread about Democrat politics. Start a thread if you want to know what I think about Republican politics.

I didn’t understand at the time how badly they wanted Harris.
So now, you admit you were wrong about Biden in 2020 and how Democratic leaders wanted him to be the nominee.

Got it.

Constantly changing your position. And you wonder why you are always so perplexed.

It was when they forced Biden to pick Harris that I realized that was their choice from the beginning. I bet they regret that choice now.
No one forced President Biden to select Harris as his running mate. He made a smart political decision. President Biden has been in politics for some fifty years now Dan. He knows what he is doing. If you want to continue to underestimate him, go ahead. Newt Gingrich, of all people, has tried to warn you about this. But you just refuse to listen.

And btw, he nor most Democrats don't regret the choice now. Vice President Harris is everywhere so far in his re-election campaign. Did you watch the White House Corespondents' Dinner? Vice President Harris was holding court right there beside the President.

And where is Gabbard?

🤣🤣

I

I refuse to discuss Republican politics in a thread about Democrat politics. Start a thread if you want to know what I think about Republican politics.
Again . . .

Yes or no Dan?

Again . . .

Yes or no Dan?
Start a thread about Republicans and we’ll talk about it all night if you want. All you’ve gotta do is start the thread.

Start a thread about Republicans and we’ll talk about it all night if you want. All you’ve gotta do is start the thread.
And still no answer.

Why don't you go start a thread about it so you can finally answer the question. Or maybe, just answer it here right now.

Stop dodging.

You look pitiful right now Dan.

• Haha
The standard procedure is for the candidates to stand eye to eye and hash out their differences so the voting public can watch and make an informed decision on who they want to lead. It would seem the Democrats are going to forego any debates between the sitting president and those who want to replace him. Curious. I wonder why. Anybody have any ideas on why the reluctance to let people see the candidates perform on the hot seat?
What about your GOD, Trump. I seem to remember him not debating.

And still no answer.

Why don't you go start a thread about it so you can finally answer the question. Or maybe, just answer it here right now.

Stop dodging.

You look pitiful right now Dan.
I’m sure in your deluded mind you think I look pitiful. Delusions lead to things like that. You want to talk about Republicans? Start your thread and let’s talk!

You’ve got the wrong guy if you think I view Trump with anything but disdain.
Then address that which you refuse to respond to.

Any comments on what Republicans did in 2020 regarding primary debates? Any comments on what Trump is currently saying about his participation in '24 Republican primary debates?

Anything at all?

I’m sure in your deluded mind you think I look pitiful. Delusions lead to things like that. You want to talk about Republicans? Start your thread and let’s talk!
This thread is about primary debates and the standard established by political parties who have an incumbent running for re-election.

How much longer are you going to dodge and flail around Dan?

Did you even remember what Republicans did in 2020 when you started this thread?

I bet you didn't. And the more you dodge, the more you prove my point.

Yes, I'm laughing my a** off at you right now. You can't even man up and be honest for once. Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful.

Uh, you responded to a dumbass troll.
Put him on ignore too huh? That is what you do when you can't address the legitimate point someone raises.

You are the perfect example of why Trump once stated he loves the uneducated.

Then address that which you refuse to respond to.

Any comments on what Republicans did in 2020 regarding primary debates? Any comments on what Trump is currently saying about his participation in '24 Republican primary debates?

Anything at all?
Start your own thread or STFU. You have become too tiresome to bother with any more.

Start your own thread or STFU.
No.

Respond here.

Go ahead.

Anything at all?

The struggle is real for you. I know.

This thread is about primary debates and the standard established by political parties who have an incumbent running for re-election.

How much longer are you going to dodge and flail around Dan?

Did you even remember what Republicans did in 2020 when you started this thread?

I bet you didn't. And the more you dodge, the more you prove my point.

Yes, I'm laughing my a** off at you right now. You can't even man up and be honest for once. Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful.
Since i started the thread I get to say what is its intention. It’s intended to discuss the corrupt autocratic rule of Democrat mobsters that ban their voters from hearing from their own candidates. If you have a problem handling the disgrace start a thread of your own, quit trying to hijack this one. Damn! Sometimes you’re insufferable! This is my thread. Start your own or leave this one. We’re talking about Democrat corruption on this one.

It’s intended to discuss the corrupt autocratic rule of Democrat mobsters that ban their voters from hearing from their own candidates.
How about the "corrupt autocratic rule" of Republican monsters who banned their voters from hearing from their own candidates in 2020?

Any comment at all on this Dodger Dan?

Damn! Sometimes you’re insufferable! This is my thread. Start your own or leave this one.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Meltdown some more why don't you?

We’re talking about Democrat corruption on this one.
I know, you are trying your hardest to act like this is just something Democrats do.

lol

What a tool you are Dan.

• Haha
How about the "corrupt autocratic rule" of Republican monsters who banned their voters from hearing from their own candidates in 2020?

Any comment at all on this Dodger Dan?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Meltdown some more why don't you?

I know, you are trying your hardest to act like this is just something Democrats do.

lol

What a tool you are Dan.
Start your own thread about corrupt autocratic Republican leaders and let’s talk about it. Why are you so afraid to do that? Are you afraid that what I say might make you look even more foolish than you already do? Start a thread and find out.

No. You can simply address it here.

Why are you so afraid to do that?
Okay, Bud, I gave you multiple multiple chances to have the conversation you say you want to have. You’ve declined, so now I’m going to bed. When I get up in the morning if you’ve started the thread I’ll answer you there. How badly do you want to know what I think of corrupt autocratic Republican rulers? Start your thread and find out.

Okay, Bud, I gave you multiple multiple chances to have the conversation you say you want to have. You’ve declined, so now I’m going to bed. When I get up in the morning if you’ve started the thread I’ll answer you there. How badly do you want to know what I think of corrupt autocratic Republican rulers? Start your thread and find out.
lol, there it is. The bedtime excuse. Just as expected.🤣🤣

I'll be waiting on you to answer the question you have now been asked by two posters on his thread in the morning.

Of course, we all know in the morning you will have suffered from amnesia. Isn't that right @davidallen?

lol, there it is. The bedtime excuse. Just as expected.🤣🤣

I'll be waiting on you to answer the question you have now been asked by two posters on his thread in the morning.

Of course, we all know in the morning you will have suffered from amnesia. Isn't that right @davidallen?
I’m baaack. Where’s the new thread? Did you chicken out?

I’m baaack. Where’s the new thread? Did you chicken out?
Two days later and still no answer from Dan.

Got any answers yet Dan?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT