ADVERTISEMENT

Reading a lot of stuff about the Methodist Church and its stance on homosexuality

I’m a Christian, but I find homosexuals to be vile and disgusting because they’re unnatural. Normal men don’t fvck where another man shits. Really not that difficult to understand, unless you’re intrinsically disordered (ie. fvcked in the head).
Do you lick her where she pisses?

To be honest, fundamentalists believe that any type of oral sex is unnatural.
Of course they do. That doesn't stop them from begging for the occasional blow job. Or eating Butterfly Shrimp at the Golden Corral.

ClwF4u6WQAAqWVI.jpg

I'm not setting a trap. Let me ask one last hypothetical and see if this would pass your test for qualify as a pastor.

A man who is physically and sexually attracted to other men; but has never acted on those desires (remains celibate); recognizes those desires as sinful and asks God to help him turn away from those thoughts; yet, continues to have those desires. So he's repentant and trying to not sin and succeeding at least in controlling his actions if not his thoughts.

Would that person be eligible to lead a church despite their gayness?

I would say this person is absolutely eligible. If you were to disagree that this person would be eligible then no person is eligible. I've yet to meet a man that is not attracted to women other than his wife. Even removing the sexual aspect of the sin there is no human being that is not tempted into some sort of a sin. Being tempted is not a sin, acting on that temptation is a sin.

In my opinion there is a double standard with respect to homosexuality in the church. It is not treated the same as other sins. I think part of that is because churches have a bad tendency to get caught up in the culture war and I think some men have to have a strong negative reaction to homosexuality to prove they are a man.

I would say this person is absolutely eligible. If you were to disagree that this person would be eligible then no person is eligible. I've yet to meet a man that is not attracted to women other than his wife. Even removing the sexual aspect of the sin there is no human being that is not tempted into some sort of a sin. Being tempted is not a sin, acting on that temptation is a sin.

In my opinion there is a double standard with respect to homosexuality in the church. It is not treated the same as other sins. I think part of that is because churches have a bad tendency to get caught up in the culture war and I think some men have to have a strong negative reaction to homosexuality to prove they are a man.
Our prez promotes the poop shoot. He musta had a glorious experience.

I’m sure somewhere in the Bible someone says gay sex is a sin. But does it say why it’s a sin?
No, not really. The biblical passages that some quote to claim homosexuality is a sin do not explain why it is a sin directly.

There are other biblical passages that discuss the issues of manhood, womanhood, marriage, etc. Those passages are usually quoted as part of a theological framework to explain why homosexuality is a sin by those who believe it is a sin. One's theology plays a major role is answering the "why" question.

It is important to remember too that for some (especially many who believe homosexuality is a sin), all the Bible needs to do is appear to claim homosexuality is a sin and that is enough for them. For these individuals, asking why is irrelevant and perhaps even disrespectful to God. As they see it, God said it and that is all that matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeekReevers
Here is a great site for the kind of questions you have, if you are really interested in biblical answers.

gotquestions.org

Here's a link sort of answering your inquiry.

Just to be clear, gotquestions.org is a website that answers questions from a Protestant, evangelical, and theologically conservative viewpoint. Many Christians do not and would not agree with everything that is stated on that website. Those Christians would often provide different answers to many of the questions presented on that website.

Just to be clear, gotquestions.org is a website that answers questions from a Protestant, evangelical, and theologically conservative viewpoint. Many Christians do not and would not agree with everything that is stated on that website. Those Christians would often provide different answers to many of the questions presented on that website.
Would you prefer a pride perspective? 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT