ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Pastor Says Gay People Should Be "Shot In The Back Of The Head' In Shocking Sermon

my_2cents

Heisman Winner
Oct 13, 2017
"I’m angry this morning because our entire country is celebrating the worse sin in the Bible," Awes said during the sermon referring to Pride Month, which commemorates the LGBTQ+ community every June.

"You know a lot of pastors have this stupid idea where it’s just like, 'oh you know God loves everyone. And God hates the sin but loves the sinner.' But people have taken this to such an extreme where they’re saying celebrate the sin, not just tolerate it, celebrate it," he continued. "Let me show what the Bible says about these people."

Awes read several passages from the Bible and condemned homosexuality as a sin. At one point, he told the congregation that gay people "are dangerous to society" and said that "all homosexuals are pedophiles."

"I’m not saying that every single homosexual that’s alive right now has committed that act with a child already because it could be they haven’t had the opportunity yet and they will at some point later in their life," he said. "This is why we need to put these people to death through the proper channels of the government. ... These people are not normal. They’re not your average everyday sinners. ... They have no hope of salvation."

"These people should be put to death. Every single homosexual in our country should be charged with a crime. The abomination of homosexuality that they have, they should be convicted in a lawful trial. They should be sentenced with death. They should be lined up against the wall and shot in the back of the head," he said
."

Texas pastor says gay people should be 'shot in the back of the head' in shocking sermon

What is wrong with these people? Do they honestly believe this is the message of Christ and what Christ wants them preaching?

Just pure religious hate.

• Sad
Reactions: davidallen
"I’m angry this morning because our entire country is celebrating the worse sin in the Bible," Awes said during the sermon referring to Pride Month, which commemorates the LGBTQ+ community every June.

"You know a lot of pastors have this stupid idea where it’s just like, 'oh you know God loves everyone. And God hates the sin but loves the sinner.' But people have taken this to such an extreme where they’re saying celebrate the sin, not just tolerate it, celebrate it," he continued. "Let me show what the Bible says about these people."

Awes read several passages from the Bible and condemned homosexuality as a sin. At one point, he told the congregation that gay people "are dangerous to society" and said that "all homosexuals are pedophiles."

"I’m not saying that every single homosexual that’s alive right now has committed that act with a child already because it could be they haven’t had the opportunity yet and they will at some point later in their life," he said. "This is why we need to put these people to death through the proper channels of the government. ... These people are not normal. They’re not your average everyday sinners. ... They have no hope of salvation."

"These people should be put to death. Every single homosexual in our country should be charged with a crime. The abomination of homosexuality that they have, they should be convicted in a lawful trial. They should be sentenced with death. They should be lined up against the wall and shot in the back of the head," he said
."

Texas pastor says gay people should be 'shot in the back of the head' in shocking sermon

What is wrong with these people? Do they honestly believe this is the message of Christ and what Christ wants them preaching?

But Muh Abortions and Child Grooming.

."

Terrible isn't it? But I thought pure religious hate was allowed, or is that only if its Jeremiah Wright? Let me guess, #thatsdifferent.

But I thought pure religious hate was allowed, or is that only if its Jeremiah Wright? Let me guess, #thatsdifferent.
Has anyone on this thread stated that the government should step in and not allow this man to preach any more? I'll answer this for you. No.

So just drop the silly deflections and attempts at creating a strawman to argue against and simply discuss the man's comments. Is that so hard to do?

Terrible isn't it?
It absolutely is.

What do you think leads someone like this to advocate for such hate and violence in the name of Christ? This makes all Christians look bad and seriously harms the message of Christ.

Can you help us understand this @HighStickHarry ?

yes, when you go completely overboard celebrating something that we were told in the 90’s was normal it pisses off a lot of people and the extremists make the news.

I really hope you aren’t using your big old brain to prove a point with a crazy individual.

• Haha
Reactions: OUSOONER67
yes, when you go completely overboard celebrating something that we were told in the 90’s was normal it pisses off a lot of people and the extremists make the news.

I really hope you aren’t using your big old brain to prove a point with a crazy individual.
I'm just looking for your take. Is it just one crazy or is there a certain percentage of folks in this category? What is the responsibility of Christian leaders in a circumstance like this?

Has anyone on this thread stated that the government should step in and not allow this man to preach any more? I'll answer this for you. No.

So just drop the silly deflections and attempts at creating a strawman to argue against and simply discuss the man's comments. Is that so hard to do?

It absolutely is.

What do you think leads someone like this to advocate for such hate and violence in the name of Christ? This makes all Christians look bad and seriously harms the message of Christ.

It only makes all Christians look bad in the eyes of sociopaths who don’t understand reality. Did you wake up this morning thinking this mind set didn’t exist? I didn’t. I bet you there are more people who feel this way too.

I'm just looking for your take. Is it just one crazy or is there a certain percentage of folks in this category? What is the responsibility of Christian leaders in a circumstance like this?

Christians are split into countless denominations, translations and sects. I think you will find an overwhelming majority are anti murder.

I’m so glad I was here to clear this up.

It absolutely is.

I have no idea, but why are we suddenly allowed to ask that question? Because when we asked similar questions of a minister who, unlike this moron from Podunk, had direct influence on the president of the United States, we were labelled as racists.

By the way, for as bad as his statement sounds, this is the actual tenet of the Muslim faith, and yet we seem to be very accepting and accommodating of that religion and its barbaric ways. So why start judging now?

I have no idea, but why are we suddenly allowed to ask that question? Because when we asked similar questions of a minister who, unlike this moron from Podunk, had direct influence on the president of the United States, we were labelled as racists.
Were you? By who?

It only makes all Christians look bad in the eyes of sociopaths who don’t understand reality. Did you wake up this morning thinking this mind set didn’t exist? I didn’t. I bet you there are more people who feel this way too.
It makes all Christians look bad period and it greatly harms the message of Christ.

And I don't disagree with you that more people agree with this man. But does that make what he is saying right? Should not all Christians speak out and condemn this hate instead of making excuses for it, especially if it is a viewpoint that a number of so-called Christians embrace?

By the way, for as bad as his statement sounds, this is the actual tenet of the Muslim faith, and yet we seem to be very accepting and accommodating of that religion and its barbaric ways. So why start judging now?
There you go again. Deflecting and creating a strawman to argue against.

When have I ever stated that those Muslims who agree with this man are right and their religious hate should be embraced? I'll answer this question for your too. Never.

I find it interesting though that you want to steer the conversation to Islam without planting your feet firmly down and having a serious discussion about the hate that is present among some who claim to be Christian in this county. You want to throw stones at the Muslims without addressing the mess that is present in our own Christian religion. Why is that?

It makes all Christians look bad period and it greatly harms the message of Christ.

And I don't disagree with you that more people agree with this man. But does that make what he is saying right? Should not all Christians speak out and condemn this hate instead of making excuses for it, especially if it is a viewpoint that a number of so-called Christians embrace?

this is the kind sociopathic tendencies you people have. All 1 billion Christians need to reaffirm they are anti murder because some nitwit on the internet is too simple not to look at them differently over a far out there opinion?

."

😶

None of us would have known who this idiot is if it hadn't been for you bringing it to the board. I haven't heard of an outbreak of gays being shot in the back of the head so I think we are OK for the moment. In the event you hear of any please let us know.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
this is the kind sociopathic tendencies you people have.
"We" have the sociopathic tendencies? Are "we people" advocating for shooting all homosexuals in the United States in the back of the head and claiming certain people have no hope of salvation?🙄

It is both astonishing and sad that you want to attack those of us who decry what this man said and claim that we Christians need to seriously examine what is being preached from Christian pulpits in this country. Where is your outrage over what this man said?

None of us would have known who this idiot is if it hadn't been for you bringing it to the board. I haven't heard of an outbreak of gays being shot in the back of the head so I think we are OK for the moment. In the event you hear of any please let us know.
I still don't know who this asshat is and will not bother to find out. Please be sure and let us know when you guys discover another extreme idiot who speaks for all Christians and conservatives even though no one knows who the hell they are.

None of us right-wingers would have known who this idiot is if it hadn't been for you bringing it to the board.
FTFY

And yes, that is true. I'm sure his comments didn't make it into your daily right-wing propaganda reading.

"We" have the sociopathic tendencies? Are "we people" advocating for shooting all homosexuals in the United States in the back of the head and claiming certain people have no hope of salvation?🙄

It is both astonishing and sad that you want to attack those of us who decry what this man said and claim that we Christians need to seriously examine what is being preached from Christian pulpits in this country. Where is your outrage over what this man said?

Child Grooming, meh. Abortions, meh

Its hilarious what gets you riled up and what doesn't.

Meh

Reactions: Alpha Woke
Please be sure and let us know when you guys discover another extreme idiot who speaks for all Christians and conservatives even though no one knows who the hell they are.
🙄

Did anyone say he speaks for all Christians?

Clearly he doesn't. That is the point. Christians need to rise up and strongly reject this type of message that is being preached in some churches around this country. Instead of deflecting, making excuses, and attacking those who bring these hateful comments to the forefront.

Child Grooming, meh.
Go back and read his comments and then ask yourself how his comments can be tied to the recent sick claim (talking point) that liberals are child groomers.

Look behind the curtain of the talking points you repeat for once.

Put my dog down the other day. He was old. I'll tell you though, he deserved a longer life than any ****** deserves

FTFY

And yes, that is true. I'm sure his comments didn't make it into your daily right-wing propaganda reading.
Interesting no one but left wingers, who do nothing but search for ridiculous shit to bash the other side, would have this in their daily propaganda reading. Any person with a functioning brain would know no sane person would take someone espousing sick acts of violence seriously. Although I've heard nothing from lefties and left wing media condemning the guy who showed up to murder Judge Kavanaugh or the people making threats to Judge Barrett and her children.

No shit. Maybe the dumbass can adlib being a gab-goggling goober and give us some reliable stats like the death from clots that goob shovels.

Go back and read his comments and then ask yourself how his comments can be tied to the recent sick claim (talking point) that liberals are child groomers.

Look behind the curtain of the talking points you repeat for once.

Now lets do Muslims.

Reactions: okstatefan1
Any person with a functioning brain would know no sane person would take someone espousing sick acts of violence seriously.
There were people amening him and clapping for what he said.

If you don't believe he and those who think like him have functioning brains, ok. But the fact remains that this type of hate is being preached in some churches today that claim to be Christian. And it is this type of religious hate that is fueling some of the recent right-wing talking points and actions. Just look at his claim that all homosexuals are pedophiles. That doesn't remind you of something?

This hate that is being allowed to fester among some Christians in our country needs to be addressed by Christians who truly care about the message of Christ. It shouldn't be downplayed or ignored.

Now lets do Muslims.

All you have is deflections.

Why talk about Muslims when similar problems exist among Christians? Why are you trying so hard to not talk about what is occurring within some Christian churches in this country?

• Haha
Reactions: okstatefan1
Interesting no one but left wingers, who do nothing but search for ridiculous shit to bash the other side, would have this in their daily propaganda reading. Any person with a functioning brain would know no sane person would take someone espousing sick acts of violence seriously. Although I've heard nothing from lefties and left wing media condemning the guy who showed up to murder Judge Kavanaugh or the people making threats to Judge Barrett and her children.
Go on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT