ADVERTISEMENT

Synagogue Shooting

The stage has been set via the judiciary for the barbaric, heinous act of abortion to end.

I don't know, Big... the U.S. Supreme Court can't really prevent the states from from ok'ing abortions and two of the most populous states aren't really geared to follow that narrative. Most of the population is on the coasts and they aren't up for jailing women that get an abortion. Your moral outrage doesn't really match your actions.

Any citizen of their country that runs instead of taking their country back is a coward rat bastard. I'm talking about those who could try to stay and change the process by whatever means necessary. Thereby allowing the following generations to live in descent country.

Sys, if one illegal kills one citizen many! We have enough trouble with native born dip shits, don't need to add more to the mix. I can think of at least three in Long Island and two in Maryland.

You are projecting a bit there though. I'm not permanently pissed, a McScreamer or anxious about any of this. I just believe that if you want to live in this country the very least thing you could do is obey the laws and immigrate legally. I know to some people that seems so 19th century, but to me the sacrifices Americans have made from the formation of the country on, demand that to be a part of a safe, free and prosperous country their is a price to pay. Money and forms is a pretty low bar.

I know some people from central america and they're probably not legal. A handyman that hustles his ass off, and another older lady that cleans for me. They're good, decent, peaceful people that are no more able to fight an organized gang down there than a man on the moon.

Where do you get the moral high horse or military experience to sit there and say what civilian refugees should've done/killed and what dangers they should've exposed themselves and their families to? What's your experience in dealing with it?

It takes years to get in over here legally and the process is a shitshow. You don't know what those people are going through. Try a little compassion even if there's nothing in it for you.

And why do they need to jump through the hoops to get here? You just feel a little better about it if they have some more hardship or what?

I don't know, Big... the U.S. Supreme Court can't really prevent the states from from ok'ing abortions and two of the most populous states aren't really geared to follow that narrative. Most of the population is on the coasts and they aren't up for jailing women that get an abortion. Your moral outrage doesn't really match your actions.

I know some people from central america and they're probably not legal. A handyman that hustles his ass off, and another older lady that cleans for me. They're good, decent, peaceful people that are no more able to fight an organized gang down there than a man on the moon.

Where do you get the moral high horse or military experience to sit there and say what civilian refugees should've done/killed and what dangers they should've exposed themselves and their families to? What's your experience in dealing with it?

It takes years to get in over here legally and the process is a shitshow. You don't know what those people are going through. Try a little compassion even if there's nothing in it for you.

And why do they need to jump through the hoops to get here? You just feel a little better about it if they have some more hardship or what?

You aren't really reading (listening) are you?

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Been,

Yesterday we seemed to speak in non emotionally charged ways and were conservative in interpretation and assignment.

Today you seem much more willing to interpret things in a way you that conforms to personal bias.

You never responded to my assertion that discussing violent, crazy acts require FAR more root analysis than what we do here.

Knowing you are trained medically, I find it almost unbelievable that in the diagnostics of healing a cat you are trained to the molecular level, knowing ailments come from any place, yet you skip along the surface of knowledge in drawing the linkages you do between violence and politics.

Superficial analysis does zero good. A solid first rule is "do no harm."

Come on.

On 10/22 HIAS released this statement.

SILVER SPRING, Md.--Under longstanding U.S. and international law, individuals fleeing persecution have the right to seek asylum. HIAS urges the United States government to respect the rule of law, provide all asylum seekers the opportunity to present their claims as required by law, and treat all migrants fairly and humanely. We hope that the asylum seekers and migrants stay safe and that they comply with established laws and procedures for seeking asylum and entering the United States. Most fundamentally, we must remain committed to upholding the human rights of those seeking asylum.

The congregation was affiliated with HIAS. He posted that what he was about to do was in response to HIAS, and murdered innocent members of the congregation 5 days later.

Are you trying to say that it is just a coincidence that our country was up in arms about the caravan just before he committed this heinous crime?

Been, being medically trained, do you think a statement by a group causes a person to arm themselves and kill?

Been, being medically trained, do you think a statement by a group causes a person to arm themselves and kill?

Yes, but that's not a medical matter, it's a basic life dynamic and fact. War, for instance. The government makes a statement and people go pick up a gun and kill each other.

Don't trivialize the impact of speech. You motivate and inspire with "statements." Substitute "speech" for "a statement" in your question and then answer it, Brad.

How many fights begin with statements? You can't generate the shooter's fear and paranoia without "statements."

Honestly, I think we are hiding our head in the sand if we don't admit that the country has changed significantly since Trump took office. Vitriol, division, and open hate, has increased exponentially. That may/may not have happened if Hillary had won the election. We will never know.

I, also, think we are hiding our head in the sand if we don't admit that tragedies like this were happening in this country before Trump ran for POTUS, so clearly, we can not foist all of the blame on him.

This is so stupid and narrow in scope.

22+ hours a day of MSM broadcasting hate and division despite all the good stuff going on in our country.

And Trump answering his critics is the problem.

That's f'n stupid.

I guess, it's like sports, some dick delivers a cheap shot that everyone misses and the dude that retaliates gets the flag.

Libs are shitty refs.

Yes, but that's not a medical matter, it's a basic life dynamic and fact. War, for instance. The government makes a statement and people go pick up a gun and kill each other.

Don't trivialize the impact of speech. You motivate and inspire with "statements." Substitute "speech" for "a statement" in your question and then answer it, Brad.

How many fights begin with statements? You can't generate the shooter's fear and paranoia without "statements."

Referencing being medically trained means that at one time Been was ferociously focused on correct diagnosis, no matter how many layers he had to peel back.

You've missed the set up.

Sys, while you aren't nearly as trained in quantitative ways, do you think a statement by a group causes a person to arm themselves and kill?

I missed your portion that answered this specific question. Do you mind quoting it for me, so I know what part of your responses answer it directly?

Read through these prior responses by me. It seems you are trying to get me to say that there are other factors involved and that he clearly had a mental disorder. I agree with that. He falls into the category of "those who were already unstable".

Along those lines. Here is a WaPo opinion piece that discusses a lot of things talked about ITT. I know many of you won't take the time to read it, but maybe some will.

Here is a quote from it.

This nonstop drumbeat of over-the-top invective and irrational conspiracy theories can drive otherwise sane conservatives to extremism — and it can drive those who were already unstable to violence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...2607289efee_story.html?utm_term=.2c8b83ce4783

Mega,

I think this line of thinking is a stretch. He may have professed his hate for Trump. He may not have voted for Trump. But, based on this info (from my earlier post)

4). His social media footprint included a significant number of antisemitic slurs and references to antisemitic conspiracy theories.

5). In January, an account under his name was created on Gab, a social network that bills itself as a free speech haven. The app, which grew out of claims of anti-conservative bias by Facebook and Twitter, is a popular gathering place for alt-right activists and white nationalists whose views are unwelcome on other social media platforms.

6). Several weeks ago, Mr. Bowers’s account posted a link to the website of HIAS, a Jewish nonprofit organization, which was planning a shabbat ceremony for refugees in locations around the country. The caption read: “Why hello there HIAS! You like to bring in hostile invaders to dwell among us?”

And hours before the gunman entered the Tree of Life synagogue, the account posted again: “HIAS likes to bring invaders in that kill our people. I can’t sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics, I’m going in.”

the recent anti-caravan rhetoric played a significant part in his decision to kill those innocents. He made his thinking and motive very clear for everyone to see.

Trump used the caravan to his advantage and used fear mongering to stir up his supporters. You would probably agree with me that by the time it gets to our border (if it makes it), it is going to be pretty anti-climactic, and nothing like the situation that was being portrayed by Trump and many others. On 10/22, HIAS released a statement in support of members of the caravan having the right to seek asylum.

It is not as easy as saying "the guy said he hated Trump". The Right was pushing the caravan=boogey man narrative from various different sources.

Come on.

On 10/22 HIAS released this statement.

SILVER SPRING, Md.--Under longstanding U.S. and international law, individuals fleeing persecution have the right to seek asylum. HIAS urges the United States government to respect the rule of law, provide all asylum seekers the opportunity to present their claims as required by law, and treat all migrants fairly and humanely. We hope that the asylum seekers and migrants stay safe and that they comply with established laws and procedures for seeking asylum and entering the United States. Most fundamentally, we must remain committed to upholding the human rights of those seeking asylum.

The congregation was affiliated with HIAS. He posted that what he was about to do was in response to HIAS, and murdered innocent members of the congregation 5 days later.

Are you trying to say that it is just a coincidence that our country was up in arms about the caravan just before he committed this heinous crime?

He was a "good citizen" who was only spewing hate (no criminal record) before something set him off. He pretty much told you that the "something" had to do with HIAS and their support for the individuals participating in the caravan. Probably, he would have found some other cause to rationalize his desire to kill Jews, but we can't know that for sure.

Reactions: CBradSmith
I missed your portion that answered this specific question. Do you mind quoting it for me, so I know what part of your responses answer it directly?

BTW. I'm still looking for your comments on this post of mine.

Ok, but when Scalise was shot, the shooter was lumped in with “the left”. When Antifa was at its peak, it was included under the “liberal” umbrella. I routinely see references to “piece of shit” liberals, and that “liberals are trash” on this site.

Now, it is taboo to associate this guy in any way with “the right”.

Seem like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Read through these prior responses by me. It seems you are trying to get me to say that there are other factors involved and that he clearly had a mental disorder. I agree with that. He falls into the category of "those who were already unstable".

Im not trying to "get you" to say anything.

Im having a 2 way dialogue, and my position is that (unlike the position esteemed poster @Syskatine ) there's MUCH more involved in determining causality then a statement (which you did cite) or speech.

I can think of a dozen or more MUCH larger determinants of behavior off the top of my head.

Being medically trained, yes, I do expect you to understand that. You're a trained diagnostician. You know how the process works, even if psychology isn't your core competency.

Last edited:
Reactions: Been Jammin
Sys, while you aren't nearly as trained in quantitative ways, do you think a statement by a group causes a person to arm themselves and kill?

Yes, and speech is sometimes calculated to inspire exactly that result, as I stated above.

Sounds like a great basis for infringing on free speech.

Yes, and speech is sometimes calculated to inspire exactly that result, as I stated above.

I've been thinking about this all day, and I still don't know what to say.

I believe your assessment is egregiously insufficient and shortsighted.

The best I can come up with to see through your lens is to make the assumption that it is predictable that some people are so twisted up that words set them off. As such, people should watch what they say, or possibly government should force certain language.

Am I coming close?

I've been thinking about this all day, and I still don't know what to say.

I believe your assessment is egregiously insufficient and shortsighted.

The best I can come up with to see through your lens is to make the assumption that it is predictable that some people are so twisted up that words set them off. As such, people should watch what they say, or possibly government should force certain language.

Am I coming close?

Yes, I agree people should watch what they say I guess. Just as a matter of etiquette and common sense. I don't know what you mean by government forcing certain speech. Should there be prior restraint? No. Is there a connection between all the "Soros is paying invaders to hurt us" rhetoric and Mr. Bowers? Yes. He heard that stuff somewhere.

So you think trump's speech was calculated to inspire a guy (who hates him) to kill Jews?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Bitter Creek
So you think trump's speech was calculated to inspire a guy (who hates him) to kill Jews?

giphy.gif

That's not what I said, now is it Dildo?

Dildo, I think there are some people that are so dumb, crazy and mean they'll believe anything. Like you, for instance. But that's not the same thing as saying Biff tried to kill jews.

That's not what I said, now is it Dildo?

Dildo, I think there are some people that are so dumb, crazy and mean they'll believe anything. Like you, for instance. But that's not the same thing as saying Biff tried to kill jews.

Thanks for making my point newb. Crazy mean people will be triggered by anything. Trump is not a credible factor in their triggering for exactly the reason you stated - they’ll believe anything. Like you for example - believing Teump’s wealth is due to involvement with Eastern European organized crime or some such silly shit. What was it again?

Thanks for making my point newb. Crazy mean people will be triggered by anything. Trump is not a credible factor in their triggering for exactly the reason you stated - they’ll believe anything. Like you for example - believing Teump’s wealth is due to involvement with Eastern European organized crime or some such silly shit. What was it again?

You don’t know that Trump wasn’t a factor. You are just guessing. Maybe he will share and we will find out what triggered this crazy mean person to load 4 of his 10 guns and murder 11 innocent people. Otherwise, we all have to guess.

You don’t know that Trump wasn’t a factor. You are just guessing. Maybe he will share and we will find out what triggered this crazy mean person to load 4 of his 10 guns and murder 11 innocent people. Otherwise, we all have to guess.

Well by that logic, you don’t know any public figure wasn’t a “factor.” Let’s be honest. The narrative is that Trump’s rhetoric somehow inflamed him. If it did, it’s because he hates Trump who is beloved in Israel and has Jewish family.

It’s fvcking absurd. Yes I know Trump wasn’t a factor and so do you because you are an adult with a brain.

Well by that logic, you don’t know any public figure wasn’t a “factor.” Let’s be honest. The narrative is that Trump’s rhetoric somehow inflamed him. If it did, it’s because he hates Trump who is beloved in Israel and has Jewish family.

It’s fvcking absurd. Yes I know Trump wasn’t a factor and so do you because you are an adult with a brain.

99s39cznddv11.jpg

I already detailed the logic earlier ITT.
We know he hates Jews.
We know he was blaming HIAS for helping immigrants enter the country
We know that HIAS publicity supported the Caravan a couple of days before the shooting.
We know that the synagogue was associated with HIAS.

Those are established facts. Not guesses.

We also know that the Caravan was one of the two biggest stories in the news cycle in the days leading up to the shooting ( the other being the bomber). Another fact.

We know that Trump was discussing the Caravan incessantly during those few days, and using it to fire up support among his base. Another fact. He would have been hard pressed to not see/read Trump quotes on the topic.

We can’t say definitively that Trump had any kind of influence on the guys actions, but it can’t be ruled out either. The only reason to think otherwise is that he called Trump a “globalist not a nationalist”, said he wasn’t doing enough to solve the Jewish problem in the country and that he did not vote for him.

The guy was crazy and blind with hatred. He was probably just looking for an excuse. We don’t know what the straw was that caused him to take action. To definitively claim otherwise is disingenuous and reeks of cheerleading.

We know he hates Jews.
We know that HIAS publicity supported the Caravan a couple of days before the shooting.

We also know that the Caravan was one of the two biggest stories in the news cycle in the days leading up to the shooting ( the other being the bomber). Another fact.

We know that Trump was discussing the Caravan incessantly during those few days, and using it to fire up support among his base. Another fact. He would have been hard pressed to not see/read Trump quotes on the topic.

We can’t say definitively that Trump had any kind of influence on the guys actions, but it can’t be ruled out either. The only reason to think otherwise is that he called Trump a “globalist not a nationalist”, said he wasn’t doing enough to solve the Jewish problem in the country and that he did not vote for him.

The guy was crazy and blind with hatred. He was probably just looking for an excuse. We don’t know what the straw was that caused him to take action. To definitively claim otherwise is disingenuous and reeks of cheerleading.

Is that the kind of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon logic you use to treat animals?

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Yes, I agree people should watch what they say I guess. Just as a matter of etiquette and common sense. I don't know what you mean by government forcing certain speech. Should there be prior restraint? No. Is there a connection between all the "Soros is paying invaders to hurt us" rhetoric and Mr. Bowers? Yes. He heard that stuff somewhere.

So then what exactly are you saying, because you have confirmed that you are blaming Trump for that dude arming himself and killing people.

What was the phrase specifically that snapped ol' boy into manchurian mode?

Point out some other activation phrases for those of us who didn't get the decoder ring.

We know he hates Jews.

Let’s be clear. I’m immune to being moved by accusations of cheerleading. I also know bullshit when I see it. There is zero possibility Trump is to blame in any way here. I’m not saying that I think he’s infallible. I’m saying the entire premise is plainly retarded. You would never entertain something so flimsy in a medical disgnosis I’m sure. But since it’s political you maintain a blind spot.

Who the hell knows what set this ahole off. What difference does it freaking make. The guy was an evil POS.

It's like blaming Jody Foster for Hinkley shooting Reagan. It's totally ridiculous and the left and the MSM have gone full retard on the blame/hate Trump freakout.

Did anyone see the excuses by Pittsburgh Dems for boycotting Trump's visit? "It's too soon" "focus on the families" these POS hypocrites didn't raise one objection when Obama showed up at several mass shootings within the same time period.

What was the phrase specifically that snapped ol' boy into manchurian mode?

Point out some other activation phrases for those of us who didn't get the decoder ring.

The exact moment was Oct. 12, 2018 at 10:07 a.m. eastern time. Lou Dobbs said "These people, these leftists, these Soros stooges, want to see this country brought to its knees and won't stop until they do."

statist

leftist

deep state

diseases

anything female

anything ethnic

We know he hates Jews.

"Trump was discussing the caravan incessantly"

Trump has probably talked about it for five minutes with the press.

The hundred hours of screeching they produced from those five minutes have tricked you again.

No surprise.

Let’s be clear. I’m immune to being moved by accusations of cheerleading. I also know bullshit when I see it. There is zero possibility Trump is to blame in any way here. I’m not saying that I think he’s infallible. I’m saying the entire premise is plainly retarded. You would never entertain something so flimsy in a medical disgnosis I’m sure. But since it’s political you maintain a blind spot.

"zero possibility"? "zero".

I posted a list of facts, which you can not argue, because, well, they are FACTS. I concluded with (basically) "we don't know for sure, because we can't read minds and the murderer hasn't said".

You state a definitive, which suggests that you can read minds or have spoken to the insane guy.

And you accuse me of being the one full of shit and blinded by politics. Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

And for you and Brad....as far as reaching a medical diagnosis on a patient. Oftentimes, a physician is able to reach a definitive diagnosis. A conclusion that can not be argued. However, oftentimes, the best we can do is reach a presumptive diagnosis. In other words, "we have ruled out X, Y and Z, that makes it most likely that the patient has B". You guys probably could have figured that out if you had thought about it more.

I posted a list of facts, which you can not argue, because, well, they are FACTS. I concluded with (basically) "we don't know for sure, because we can't read minds and the murderer hasn't said".

You state a definitive, which suggests that you can read minds or have spoken to the insane guy.

And you accuse me of being the one full of shit and blinded by politics. Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

And for you and Brad....as far as reaching a medical diagnosis on a patient. Oftentimes, a physician is able to reach a definitive diagnosis. A conclusion that can not be argued. However, oftentimes, the best we can do is reach a presumptive diagnosis. In other words, "we have ruled out X, Y and Z, that makes it most likely that the patient has B". You guys probably could have figured that out if you had thought about it more.

Before that Doctor rules out X, Y, and Z, he's gone through about, what, 10 years of INTENSE schooling (non specialist) and 2-3 years working in on the job training under established Docs?

What's in all that training?
What additional training might be beneficial in people going on social media (after reading a handful of articles) and formulating what amounts to a claim to causality?
How much overlap in the D.V.M. and PhD/MD level psychiatrist or psychologist? Or even a seasoned statistician who daily uses large data and models to tease out quantifiable causality.

Your doing the process a disservice. Everybody who gets online and starts assigning blame by diagnosing (or cutting out) causality in these long tail events, myself included, is doing a disservice to the process.

Last edited:

“Z E R O”. Yes. Correct. That’s what I’m saying.

Also I never said you were full of shit. I said you are an adult with a brain. The cure for TDS is a basic level of self awarenes of how utterly stupid it sounds to blame him for “everything” or give credibility to anyone who does.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT