ADVERTISEMENT

Synagogue Shooting

Who's this? Does he speak for you @Been Jammin ?

Honestly, I think we are hiding our head in the sand if we don't admit that the country has changed significantly since Trump took office. Vitriol, division, and open hate, has increased exponentially. That may/may not have happened if Hillary had won the election. We will never know.

I, also, think we are hiding our head in the sand if we don't admit that tragedies like this were happening in this country before Trump ran for POTUS, so clearly, we can not foist all of the blame on him.

You are really wasting your time with some of these posters, just as I am.

Some of these posters...

They unfortunately are going to continue to embrace their hateful ideology and delusions and there is really nothing that can be said to them to convince them otherwise. We just have to defeat their ideology at the ballot box and pray it is eventually overcome.

You and now @Been Jammin are key parts of the problem.

Look at what was said here, stated as fact. Been approved.

You're special angels.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Honestly, I think we are hiding our head in the sand if we don't admit that the country has changed significantly since Trump took office. Vitriol, division, and open hate, has increased exponentially. That may/may not have happened if Hillary had won the election. We will never know.

I, also, think we are hiding our head in the sand if we don't admit that tragedies like this were happening in this country before Trump ran for POTUS, so clearly, we can not foist all of the blame on him.
CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, The New York Times, the Chicago Tribune and the Los Angeles Times had antifa and black lives matter all jacked up on hate long before Trump ever thought about coming along. So, yeah.

I absolutely agree. The left has been disgusting in their hatred for anything Trump.

Honestly, my opinion is that he has exposed the climate that already existed.

Intolerance is no longer a monopoly of the right.

This is where Progressive Identity Politics brings us....pitting group against group by arguments built on moral relativism.

Reactions: trapped_in_tx
Honestly, my opinion is that he has exposed the climate that already existed.

Intolerance is no longer a monopoly of the right.

You may be right. Maybe it was always there, hiding in the shadows. Maybe he showed everyone that it is OK to show your true colors and not be afraid of repercussions. Maybe we were headed to this point with or without his influence. We will never know for sure.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Your opinion that all hate in this country is due to trump being elected and not realizing the left has been voice of hate for decades.

Did I say that? Pretty sure I didn't. Maybe you are not comprehending what I am typing.

You may be right. Maybe it was always there, hiding in the shadows. Maybe he showed everyone that it is OK to show your true colors and not be afraid of repercussions. Maybe we were headed to this point with or without his influence. We will never know for sure.

If you honestly believe in this possibility, then I give you credit.

The moral relativism of the FAR left (I'm not assigning that to YOU) is 100% destructive to both the right and "normal" left.

It creates a zero-sum, tribal focused society.

You Liked @my_2cents assigning thought into right leaning posters on this board.

His post is fuking despicable. His world revolves solely around him.

Just because I like a post doesn't mean I agree with it in its entirety. I, wholeheartedly, agree with the first 2 paragraphs.

If you honestly believe in this possibility, then I give you credit.

The moral relativism of the FAR left (I'm not assigning that to YOU) is 100% destructive to both the right and "normal" left.

It creates a zero-sum, tribal focused society.

Yeah, well, it takes two to tango. The FAR right, and the people who make up conspiracy theories, and post lies all over the internet deserve blame as well. Those individuals influence the "normal" right, especially the ones who lack the capacity for critical thought (or are too lazy to implement it). It is two sides of the same coin and always has been. Social media is just exponentially increasing the ability to for the "fars" to influence the "normals".

The core of the current boilerplate mood in society is due to Progressivism grafting their moral relativism into the Democratic platform. What we are watching is a ferocious Culture War with a political overlay.

No longer are the debates centered around spending, spending priorities, deficits, foreign policy, etc..... the focus now is primarily on what side is "more good" than the other side.

This is rooted in that tribalism Progressives push. It seeks to define Oppressor and Victim and inherently creates "good" and "bad," yet it is seldom intellectually honest about whatever issue it is painting in such ways. To seek to have a dialogue about their "findings" is to be labeled.

So, we come full circle. Look no further than @my_2cents assigning thought into the minds of right-leaning posters on this board. He genuinely believes we support evil ideology. It's not a difference of opinion (then debate), it's good versus evil with people that think like him.

No dialogue. No exchange of ideas. And certainly no extension of benefit of the doubt... because obviously you don't compromise with evil.

Yeah, well, it takes two to tango. The FAR right, and the people who make up conspiracy theories, and post lies all over the internet deserve blame as well. Those individuals influence the "normal" right, especially the ones who lack the capacity for critical thought (or are too lazy to implement it). It is two sides of the same coin and always has been. Social media is just exponentially increasing the ability to for the "fars" to influence the "normals".

I have no issue with this with an asterisk...and we'll agree or disagree based on this:

If you think that the majority of News may attempt to paint a certain point of view more favorably than another, then I can be somewhat understanding of how conspiratorial thinking evolves on the right.

Why? Because, yes, I do believe a large part of the MSM will fudge the lines attempting to misrepresent the "full" story in favor of a specific point of view.

When they do that enough and are found out, it becomes easier to believe that true news is them "crying wolf" again.

I think the MSM misrepresentation exists but is overstated. I feel like the majority of the news outlets lean left, and have a lefty bias, but there are also right biased news outlets as well. Unfortunately, there are too many individuals, who only pay attention to the outlet that provides him/her with confirmation bias and the divide grows. If more people implemented critical thinking and sought out multiple sources for their news, the MSM bias would not be as much of an issue.

It has become a mess for sure. As I said before, too many US citizens are too lazy to do anything but blindly believe what they see/read.

From your point of view, I can certainly understand that since the majority of news outlets lean left, it feels as if the MSM has a huge conspiracy against the right. I think the real issue resides with a few of the most left leaning outlets and that many get lumped in with them despite being more down the middle.

I think the MSM misrepresentation exists but is overstated. I feel like the majority of the news outlets lean left, and have a lefty bias, but there are also right biased news outlets as well. Unfortunately, there are too many individuals, who only pay attention to the outlet that provides him/her with confirmation bias and the divide grows. If more people implemented critical thinking and sought out multiple sources for their news, the MSM bias would not be as much of an issue.

It has become a mess for sure. As I said before, too many US citizens are too lazy to do anything but blindly believe what they see/read.

From your point of view, I can certainly understand that since the majority of news outlets lean left, it feels as if the MSM has a huge conspiracy against the right. I think the real issue resides with a few of the most left leaning outlets and that many get lumped in with them despite being more down the middle.

Good talk Been. I mean that sincerely.

Gotta start getting ready.

Reactions: Been Jammin

Blaming the news media is a red herring. Always has been.

The media simply reflects ourselves back to us. If we don't like what we see, it isn't the media's fault. It is our fault.

You are really wasting your time with some of these posters, just as I am

Well then, go find something better to do hmm?

giphy.gif

So the guy is a Trump hater and kills Jews and you somehow think this is on Trump? GTFOH. If you don't see that you are part of the problem with what you just said then you are a total lost cause.

So the guy is a Trump hater and kills Jews and you somehow think this is on Trump? GTFOH. If you don't see that you are part of the problem with what you just said then you are a total lost cause.

He doesn't know the difference between being a liberal and being a leftist and until he quits blurring that line, he's going to remain confused.

#walkaway been.

Last edited:

Your reading comprehension could not be worse. What did you do, read only my first sentence?

Your reading comprehension could not be worse. What did you do, read only my first sentence?
It's like that old saying that everything in front of the 'but' can be ignored. example: You are a very smart person but you couldn't be more wrong in this case.

Everything after your first sentence is stuff before the but. Your topic sentence said it all.

Reactions: SoonerRedYukon101
It's like that old saying that everything in front of the 'but' can be ignored. example: You are a very smart person but you couldn't be more wrong in this case.

Everything after your first sentence is stuff before the but. Your topic sentence said it all.

I probably would have gone with, “wow, you are right, I didn’t read past the first sentence”

But, whatever. Go ahead and rationalize instead of admitting to a mistake.

I probably would have gone with, “wow, you are right, I didn’t read past the first sentence”

But, whatever. Go ahead and rationalize instead of admitting to a mistake.
LOL. The fact that you think what you posted was balanced and middle of the road is part of your lack of awareness and misunderstanding of what the middle is.

LOL. The fact that you think what you posted was balanced and middle of the road is part of your lack of awareness and misunderstanding of what the middle is.

You go boy. Stick to your guns. It is much better than saying “I was wrong”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT