ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

Adams is a stud and has been since he was 6. I believe he might be a old 8th grader but it don’t matter cause he is a bad ass
Lockett won state at 165 with his closest decision in the finals where he won by 14 points over Griggsby. McComas won state with his toughest match in the finals where he won by major over Jones of Bixby. Guerrero lost in the finals to Jeter at 150 by a 7 to 3 score. Jeter is only a sophomore and I don't know why Guerrero dropped to 150. Teague won 175 4A but only by 3 to 1 in the finals over a sophomore Yocham. Hickman won 144 with a 4 to 0 decision on the finals over Tecson. Ellis took 2nd losing again to Acklin 1 to 0 in the finals at 126. Craft won 5 to 1 in the 106 in 4A.

Last edited:
Jeter is only a sophomore and I don't know why Guerrero dropped to 150.
Because he would have had Routledge in the semis at 157 and he had a MUCH better shot against Jeter than Routledge. Or I guess on the off chance he beat Sommer at regionals, he would have still had Routledge in the finals...

What Edmond North did tonight was absolutely insane. They shattered the 6A team points record and broke the State team team points record... A 6A school setting the team points record by 13 points (I think) in the age of club wrestling where any kid at a 6A school who wants to put in the work is close to a club where they can get high level training year round is absolutely insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: OAMC99 and tom_v31
Because he would have had Routledge in the semis at 157 and he had a MUCH better shot against Jeter than Routledge. Or I guess on the off chance he beat Sommer at regionals, he would have still had Routledge in the finals...

What Edmond North did tonight was absolutely insane. They shattered the 6A team points record and broke the State team team points record... A 6A school setting the team points record by 13 points (I think) in the age of club wrestling where any kid at a 6A school who wants to put in the work is close to a club where they can get high level training year round is absolutely insane.
What’s crazier about what Edmond north did was the broke the record for most points before the finals even started.

Our 190 lb lost in the finals to McCollum. Was a tough match and heart breaking for Wura but he is a Jr and will be extremely tough to beat next year.

What’s crazier about what Edmond north did was the broke the record for most points before the finals even started.

Our 190 lb lost in the finals to McCollum. Was a tough match and heart breaking for Wura but he is a Jr and will be extremely tough to beat next year.
What Edmond north did was frankly insane. I’m not as familiar with high school wrestling and this is not meant to be a slight, but did they develop their wrestlers or has there been some recruiting?

What Edmond north did was frankly insane. I’m not as familiar with high school wrestling and this is not meant to be a slight, but did they develop their wrestlers or has there been some recruiting?
A little bit of both. But they are very well coached as well. Boo Lewellan is on staff there now as well. They will have talent again next year but this team will not be replicated IMO ever again. It was unreal just how good they are.

8 champions is a new record. Just flat out insane

Devon Miller is the only move-in that i can remember. Coach Schneider has a son that is a senior and most of them have grown up wrestling together. I recall this group of seniors qualifying 9 of them for state as freshman.

Goodin, Skidmore, Miller, Hollingsworth, Routeledge, and Thomas were at different schools at some point. But pretty sure all but Miller was there at least from freshman season on. They have all improved too. They have some backups that probably would have made the podium too.

Goodin, Skidmore, Miller, Hollingsworth, Routeledge, and Thomas were at different schools at some point. But pretty sure all but Miller was there at least from freshman season on. They have all improved too. They have some backups that probably would have made the podium too.
They have a loaded roster no doubt, but there 106, 113 and 120 group could all have their backups probably be state qualifiers if I remember right. They will be tough next year as well, but this team can't and won't be replicated.

Never doubt Andy putting together a top notch roster though.

What say you now? There was always uncertainty btw and the Voinovich’s knew it.
I loved Jordan beating Vic! Now I don't know the exact reason the Voinovich's left I heard enough that I dont lean towards Jordan and the starting 149 spot being the reason.

I loved Jordan beating Vic! Now I don't know the exact reason the Voinovich's left I heard enough that I dont lean towards Jordan and the starting 149 spot being the reason.

We also didn’t have a spot or money for his brother.

Reactions: driad
We also didn’t have a spot or money for his brother.
A Coweta kid named Toby Shipman just won his 2nd state title in his sophomore year. Would he be a kid Osu is interested in?

A Coweta kid named Toby Shipman just won his 2nd state title in his sophomore year. Would he be a kid Osu is interested in?
He lost at the cheesehead to an IL Soph with 15 losses who didn't place at the IL state tournament. Shipman was 15th at the cheesehead. He would be a room guy at this point

Reactions: driad
What say you now? There was always uncertainty btw and the Voinovich’s knew it.

He was a R16 guy as a redshirt freshman. When I made this post, that's what I was judging things off of. He scored points at nationals and I anticipated improvement from him.

Obviously glad Jordan won on Sunday and hope that he performs up to his potential at Big 12s and Nationals.

Last edited:
How many d-1 wrestlers on the Edmond North roster? I think that I heard that a couple have signed with or committed to OU. Do we care?

There is a kid of a friend who was a backup at North at the start of the year and transferred to Del City so he could start. Just started wrestling a year or two ago. Won state at whatever weight is around 190. Intriguing prospect who is improving exponentially. Austin Daniels. Went 3-3 at Fargo this summer after never wrestling freestyle at all. Little Rock offered and a couple others. If his improvement continues he might be really good. He was into karate/tae kwon do and decided to try his hand at wrestling and just blossomed.

How many d-1 wrestlers on the Edmond North roster? I think that I heard that a couple have signed with or committed to OU. Do we care?
8 currently committed to D1 schools. I'm sure Jeter will be committed next year, as he is only a Sophomore , and I would expect Goodin to be holding off on committing until he gets a bit of showing with some weight on him, but I would expect (if he wants) he'll be wrestling D1 as well. Skidmore is a Freshman... I don't think Belford or Hackbarth are committed and Lucas is going to OBU.

OU commits are Hollingsworth, Randall, and Thomas. They don't have the hype or accolades that some of our recent recruits have, but they are all fundamentally sound, hard workers, and proven winners. I wouldn't be shocked at all for there to be few bedlam wins between the 3 of them over the next 5 years.

Schneider and Routledge were both misses. Schneider was OW at the state tournament this year pinning his way through his bracket. Routledge has been competing at the highest of levels for a few years now and is only getting better. Outside of Lockett, they are both significantly better and have more upside than any of the other instate commitments we currently have.

8 currently committed to D1 schools. I'm sure Jeter will be committed next year, as he is only a Sophomore , and I would expect Goodin to be holding off on committing until he gets a bit of showing with some weight on him, but I would expect (if he wants) he'll be wrestling D1 as well. Skidmore is a Freshman... I don't think Belford or Hackbarth are committed and Lucas is going to OBU.

OU commits are Hollingsworth, Randall, and Thomas. They don't have the hype or accolades that some of our recent recruits have, but they are all fundamentally sound, hard workers, and proven winners. I wouldn't be shocked at all for there to be few bedlam wins between the 3 of them over the next 5 years.

Schneider and Routledge were both misses. Schneider was OW at the state tournament this year pinning his way through his bracket. Routledge has been competing at the highest of levels for a few years now and is only getting better. Outside of Lockett, they are both significantly better and have more upside than any of the other instate commitments we currently have.
Edmond north has 1 kid on that whole team that might ever AA That is Routledge Jeter is a wait and see how he develops he will have to get a shot in the next year or two. Those other kids will never win a match against an Okla st wrestle in bedlam

Edmond north has 1 kid on that whole team that might ever AA That is Routledge Jeter is a wait and see how he develops he will have to get a shot in the next year or two. Those other kids will never win a match against an Okla st wrestle in bedlam
Blair when will you comment on the Iowa dual? Why you 🦆. Like to hear your perspective. You can't just comment when everything is going good and tell everyone they're wrong

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ guess we’ll see in 5-6 years.

Blair when will you comment on the Iowa dual? Why you 🦆. Like to hear your perspective. You can't just comment when everything is going good and tell everyone they're wrong
Poor performance we new lost 3 one TD match’s 25-41-97 and should have won HWT but overall let then bring it to use. But with 4 fr and 2 soph you will get that sometimes against an older team we will be fine don’t worry like Iv said all year this is not the same team as last year 6 different starters at the beginning of the year you would never had said 15-1. We beat nc st Missouri at there place and Isu at home all three we were big underdogs

Poor performance we new lost 3 one TD match’s 25-41-97 and should have won HWT but overall let then bring it to use. But with 4 fr and 2 soph you will get that sometimes against an older team we will be fine don’t worry like Iv said all year this is not the same team as last year 6 different starters at the beginning of the year you would never had said 15-1. We beat nc st Missouri at there place and Isu at home all three we were big underdogs
How many AAs you think? I said 2 . With 4 being the max

That’s not a great year, for Oklahoma State.

I say 4 with 8 being the max. Since max is more of a “could since I think they have the talent.”

I didn’t wrestle in college, but please don’t scold me for it.
No one will have 8 I’ll take 4 want 5 and I did wrestle in college lol lol that doesn’t make my predictions any better than yours lol lol

Reactions: vhsalum
I kind of agree with CP in flo, he said we were due. As good as new freshmen are, focus is very difficult to maintain on the college tour. Hope Olejnik can pull it together, surber gets back into form, and Doucet gets back to his winning ways

Reactions: bwel9339
3 AA’s @133, 165 & 184. Max of 5 with possible AA’s @125 & 141.

It’s really hard to say until we get brackets and seedlings. Couple of weights like Williams could make a run if got a good bracket.

No one will have 8 I’ll take 4 want 5 and I did wrestle in college lol lol that doesn’t make my predictions any better than yours lol lol
I’ll take 4-5 but I’m anxious to see these young guns under the lights at the BIG show!

Let’s do some predictions on a percentage basis?

125- 80% chance and I honestly think he performs out of his mind in the blood round. I think he AAs unless he gets a terrible draw. A favorable route, he AAs.

133- 95% there’s always a possibility of injury.

141- 70% see 125

149- 50/50, but should be entertaining as it gets!

157- 75% see 125

165- 85% since he’s been trending down?

174- 40% because you just really don’t know what will happen with 25 seconds left in a tie.

184- 95% see 133

197- 50/50 due to unknowns on his health and rust

Hwt- see 174

So really, if you utilize the coin flip theory, but giving us the AA at three weights, we get 2.5 more AAs and have an enjoyable tourney as fans.

I kind of agree with CP in flo, he said we were due. As good as new freshmen are, focus is very difficult to maintain on the college tour. Hope Olejnik can pull it together, surber gets back into form, and Doucet gets back to his winning ways
Isaac has only lost one match that he may have should have won he has looked pretty good all year that was WV

I’ll take 4-5 but I’m anxious to see these young guns under the lights at the BIG show!

Let’s do some predictions on a percentage basis?

125- 80% chance and I honestly think he performs out of his mind in the blood round. I think he AAs unless he gets a terrible draw. A favorable route, he AAs.

133- 95% there’s always a possibility of injury.

141- 70% see 125

149- 50/50, but should be entertaining as it gets!

157- 75% see 125

165- 85% since he’s been trending down?

174- 40% because you just really don’t know what will happen with 25 seconds left in a tie.

184- 95% see 133

197- 50/50 due to unknowns on his health and rust

Hwt- see 174

So really, if you utilize the coin flip theory, but giving us the AA at three weights, we get 2.5 more AAs and have an enjoyable tourney as fans.
165 is not trending down not sure how you get that because he lost to Caliendo and O’Toole that’s a trend down he wasn’t supposed to win those matches

165 is not trending down not sure how you get that because he lost to Caliendo and O’Toole that’s a trend down he wasn’t supposed to win those matches
He wasnt supposed to beat Caliendo?

O’toole, yeah, that’s a buzz saw that I didn’t expect him to win. But he’s clearly not Wrestling as strong as he was during the first half.

Either way, I feel he has a strong chance to AA top 4…not sure how you take my comment as a slight? He went from possible finalist in many discussions to dismissal as a finalist, but still a threat to beat anyone not named O’toole.

Reactions: bwel9339
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT