1. Corey Griego, Oregon State
2. Derek White, Oklahoma State
3. Cody Johnson, CSU Pueblo
4. Harley Diluo, Boise State

1. Cody Crawford, Oregon State
2. Taylor Kornoely, MSU-Northern
3. Tanner Allen, Oklahoma State
4. Austin Lobsinger, Simpson

so glad the wife and I didn't fly out to watch... It could have been a monster tournament is the PSU and OSU starters had been there.

I think they had the wrong reporting on Martinez. He was the shorter wrestler wearing the OSU singlet and won? The Michigan State kid in Blaylock's match should have gotten called for stalling a couple of times, but he won it in overtime.

Last edited:
I think they had the wrong reporting on Martinez. He was the shorter wrestler wearing the OSU singlet and won? The Michigan State kid should have gotten called for stalling a couple of times, but he won it in overtime.
I watched the Martinez match and the Blaylock match and both wrestled poorly and both lost. I thought Martinez in our room would develop but I have watched a number of his matches and he has not impressed. I have liked Lewallen so far. Jordan Rogers should transfer, he could be an all American. Sheets has looked okay.

I think they had the wrong reporting on Martinez. He was the shorter wrestler wearing the OSU singlet and won? The Michigan State kid in Blaylock's match should have gotten called for stalling a couple of times, but he won it in overtime.
I think martinez lost.

So Martinez was wrestling unattached in the non-OSU singlet and the other shorter guy was in the orange singlet. Sorry about that.

boo lewallen just beat javiar gassca. i think he is ranked #14. boo looked tired but he gutted out a win 7-5 (gassca almost had a takedown at the end to win). first tournament and he knocks off two ranked opponents what away to start your college wrestling career. i think he has the returning ncaa runner up in the finals (make it 3 ranked opponents)

Reactions: osu2082
boo lewallen just beat javiar gassca. i think he is ranked #14. boo looked tired but he gutted out a win 7-5 (gassca almost had a takedown at the end to win). first tournament and he knocks off two ranked opponents what away to start your college wrestling career. i think he has the returning ncaa runner up in the finals (make it 3 ranked opponents)
Gotta be 1 of the best reserves in the country maybe

Gotta be 1 of the best reserves in the country maybe
Really like what I see with Lewallen, really don't like what I see with Martinez. He is not going to place in the top 4 at Reno! He does not seem like he was an all American the way he wrestles but I know that he was. I hope that Lewallen stays healthy, develops, lifts a bunch of weights and maybe takes 49 next year.

boo is not really a big 41 pounder so im not sure he can handle the reigns at 49. who knows. time will tell

Really like what I see with Lewallen, really don't like what I see with Martinez. He is not going to place in the top 4 at Reno! He does not seem like he was an all American the way he wrestles but I know that he was. I hope that Lewallen stays healthy, develops, lifts a bunch of weights and maybe takes 49 next year.
Agreed, I would look into the clackamas kid for the future maybe. He had his way with Martinez twice today

Lewallen just beat the National runnerup from Wyoming, Meredith and beat him 7 to 3. He had 3 takedowns.

In 2 years the line up could be:

125-Fix
133-Brock
141-Boo
149-Gfeller

Or

125-Fix
133-Pic
141-Brock
149-Gfeller

My god you guys have the deepest team in the country and a lot of them are in state guys. Those first 4 could all be from OK.

Hes not a big 41 so that would be a stretch

Wonder if Heil could go up as he continues to grow.

Hard not to try and make something work to get Boo in the lineup if he continues to progress.

He beat three ranked guys this weekend including controlling the NCAA runner up and he was still a little rusty...

If Lewallen wrestles at Southern Scuffle AND beats Heil, I wonder if he gets the spot?
IF he wins SS and beats Heil he would have beaten the defending NCAA Champion and Runnerup and probably 2-3 more ranked wrestlers.
Big IF I know, but possible.

Can we call Boo Lewallen Boo Lew?
Oberebo was right about being high on this young wrestler. These guys were not really that close to him. Bryce Merideth was just hammering everyone through the tournament until Boo got him. This was no fluke, but it was a surprise.

Reactions: osuind and osu2082
If Lewallen wrestles at Southern Scuffle AND beats Heil, I wonder if he gets the spot?
IF he wins SS and beats Heil he would have beaten the defending NCAA Champion and Runnerup and probably 2-3 more ranked wrestlers.
Big IF I know, but possible.
BIG, BIG, if at this point I think. Depth like that is something we havent seen since the early-mid 90's.

Can we call Boo Lewallen Boo Lew?
Oberebo was right about being high on this young wrestler. These guys were not really that close to him. Bryce Merideth was just hammering everyone through the tournament until Boo got him. This was no fluke, but it was a surprise.
He didn't hammer his semi's opponent at all but very good point none the less. Lewallen also beat a very good Gasca to make that finals match

Wonder if Heil could go up as he continues to grow.

Hard not to try and make something work to get Boo in the lineup if he continues to progress.

He beat three ranked guys this weekend including controlling the NCAA runner up and he was still a little rusty...
talking with my source it seems Heil moving up is a scenario that has recently come up but time and matches will sort everything out. i pray boo continues to develop, get stronger, and stay healthy. just still shocking that this was his first collegiate match's and for him to do so well after just being released three weeks ago to go live from his shoulder injury is incredible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT