ADVERTISEMENT

pre-seeds RTOC

talking with my source it seems Heil moving up is a scenario that has recently come up but time and matches will sort everything out. i pray boo continues to develop, get stronger, and stay healthy. just still shocking that this was his first collegiate match's and for him to do so well after just being released three weeks ago to go live from his shoulder injury is incredible.
forgot to mention boo also had a staff infection in his right knee last week that limited his already limited practice time. the kid is tuff...

Why would an eligibility issue prevent anyone from competing unattached? Unless it's a team policy?
not sure but thats what i was told today. i didn't go into detail just asked why they were not competing.

Last edited:
I have no inside information (but unfortunately inside experience) on the particular wrestlers' eligibility and how you wouldn't be able to wrestle unattached for OSU. The answer is the difference between academic probation and academic suspension. Often times when suspended, you have to be part-time at NOC-OSU or drop below 12 hours and you can't represent the school in any fashion. Wearing OSU singlets, traveling with the team, none of that. You can represent a club, but not sure how that works out in-season.

talking with my source it seems Heil moving up is a scenario that has recently come up but time and matches will sort everything out. i pray boo continues to develop, get stronger, and stay healthy. just still shocking that this was his first collegiate match's and for him to do so well after just being released three weeks ago to go live from his shoulder injury is incredible.
You would not even think of moving Heil this year with Collica at 49. Next year maybe but the Pen. St. monster at 49 will be a senior next year also. Unless Heil wanted the tremendous challenge of beating Retherford. That's where I think Lewallen if he wants to start next year needs to work hard in the room, wrestle at any open he can and eat and lift a lot of weights in the offseason. I would question if Heil wins his second this year, if he wants to maybe pull the upset of the decade by beating Retherford at nationals for his 3rd championship. However maybe he does want that challenge and he is fairly tall. I thought Martinez would just naturally slip in for Collica next year but I question that today and Blaylock is good also but maybe not all American good. Also 84 is a concern. I was hoping Moore would take over but we may have got skunked when it comes to our 3 freshmen recruits this year ( although it is still early). I will confess that I was really down on Boyd and have been pleasantly surprised at his performance the last 2 years. But he is not in Dean's class at all when Dean is healthy and in shape. Of course it looks like no 84 is in his class. I hope that Dean trounces Nickal and I hope that Boyd beats Nickal.

You would not even think of moving Heil this year with Collica at 49. Next year maybe but the Pen. St. monster at 49 will be a senior next year also. Unless Heil wanted the tremendous challenge of beating Retherford. That's where I think Lewallen if he wants to start next year needs to work hard in the room, wrestle at any open he can and eat and lift a lot of weights in the offseason. I would question if Heil wins his second this year, if he wants to maybe pull the upset of the decade by beating Retherford at nationals for his 3rd championship. However maybe he does want that challenge and he is fairly tall. I thought Martinez would just naturally slip in for Collica next year but I question that today and Blaylock is good also but maybe not all American good. Also 84 is a concern. I was hoping Moore would take over but we may have got skunked when it comes to our 3 freshmen recruits this year ( although it is still early). I will confess that I was really down on Boyd and have been pleasantly surprised at his performance the last 2 years. But he is not in Dean's class at all when Dean is healthy and in shape. Of course it looks like no 84 is in his class. I hope that Dean trounces Nickal and I hope that Boyd beats Nickal.
Yes mr harley next year is what i meant. I was responding to another poster about next years line up an the possibility in maybe moving heil up. Sorry for the confussion.

I wouldn't move up Heil unless the cut is tough for him which as he grows certainly could be and having a guy like Boo could make this option more realistic.

Saying we have skunked with the 3 freshman is being awfully short sighted and negative at this point.

We have maybe the best team in the nation so it was going to be extremely difficult for any freshman to have any type of impact. While guys are redshirting many times the staff are working ok certain areas and or training trough tournaments and so results can be misleading.

I still think Moore and Sheets have pretty high ceilings down the road.

I believe if you are academically in eligible the school is not allowed to pay for any travel off campus, entry fees, hotel etc so they could wrestle the SS but on their own dime.

I believe if you are academically in eligible the school is not allowed to pay for any travel off campus, entry fees, hotel etc so they could wrestle the SS but on their own dime.
I thought that was the rules regarding redshirting as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT