ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-seeds for the Big 12 tournament

Wonder if that little guy that kicked Spence Jones(ou holder queer) ass has any eligibility left?

#3. Trevor Mastrogiovanni (OSU)
#1. Daton Fix (OSU)
N/A
#1. Boo Lewallen (OSU)
#6. Wyatt Sheets (OSU)
#1. Travis Wittlake (OSU)
#3. Dustin Plott (OSU)
#3. Dakota Geer (OSU)
#4. AJ Ferrari (OSU)
HWT
#5. Austin Harris (OSU)

Reactions: driad
I asked about Gfeller dropping to 141 a few weeks ago. Someone posted that he's believed to be out with a season ending injury. 141 is cursed this year.

I think you probably have the loser of the Mastro/Witcraft wrestle-off go 141 at Big12s. It's a free year, might as well get some postseason experience.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I asked about Gfeller dropping to 141 a few weeks ago. Someone posted that he's believed to be out with a season ending injury. 141 is cursed this year.

I think you probably have the loser of the Mastro/Witcraft wrestle-off go 141 at Big12s. It's a free year, might as well get some postseason experience.
Mastro is the guy at 125

Reactions: JAY45
I heard rumblings at the OU duel . Hopefully since he has had several weeks the weight cut won’t hurt him to bad.
I wonder with him wrestling the extra matches if he got 4 matches. If not it may be the only way he can go to Nationals is if he wins the conference. He is not going to win conference because there are 2 highly ranked wrestlers at 141 but then there is a real falloff in talent. In other words he could take third if he has some of his old self to give this weekend. He could then qualify for Nationals. It would be great to see G start a comeback at Big 12's. But who knows?

Reactions: JAY45
I wonder with him wrestling the extra matches if he got 4 matches. If not it may be the only way he can go to Nationals is if he wins the conference. He is not going to win conference because there are 2 highly ranked wrestlers at 141 but then there is a real falloff in talent. In other words he could take third if he has some of his old self to give this weekend. He could then qualify for Nationals. It would be great to see G start a comeback at Big 12's. But who knows?

He has 5 matches. Edit: not at 141 though.

Last edited:
Yea. He should get them this weekend.
#144 Bitting, Bradley (3 - 9) (Compare) #34 Air Force 01/22 Oklahoma State Air Force Extra 157 W MD 10 - 0
#165 Bianchi, Joseph (4 - 9) (Compare) #65 Little Rock 01/17 Little Rock Okie St Extra 149 W DEC 10 - 4
#149 Prewitt, Kyle (2 - 12) (Compare) #65 Little Rock 01/17 Little Rock Okie St Extra 149 W TF5 18 - 1 5:00
#152 Lundy, Grant (4 - 3) (Compare) #49 Chattanooga 01/10 Chattanooga Ok State Extra 157 W MD 14 - 5
#46 Gurr, Riley (6 - 1) (Compare) #40 Oregon State 01/10 Oregon State OKST Extra 149 L DEC 6 - 2

So looks like 3 at 149 and 2 at 157, none at 141. That could be a problem. He needs a pigtail match &/or not get 2nd.

Reactions: Wrassler17
I believe Harley is right, G needs to either win Big12s or pick up 4 matches and finish top 4.

Someone asked that exact question about G in one of the replies to Willie's tweet & he answered.

Seems to me he could take 3rd or 4th and qualify if 141 Big 12 has 4 qualifiers, unless someone forfeits to him? Without a pigtail match 2nd place would be bad for him. Whatever happens I hope that this turns out good and he builds some confidence.

I believe Harley is right, G needs to either win Big12s or pick up 4 matches and finish top 4.

Someone asked that exact question about G in one of the replies to Willie's tweet & he answered.

Looking through Willie's explanation, it says nothing about 4 matches at a certain weight. Anybody know if he needs 4 matches total or 4 matches at a certain weight to qualify?

Looking through Willie's explanation, it says nothing about 4 matches at a certain weight. Anybody know if he needs 4 matches total or 4 matches at a certain weight to qualify?
Wrestler must have a minimum of 4 Division I Matches
at the designated weight class to receive a pre-allocated
spot or be considered for at-large selections.

2020-21D1MWR_QualifierAllocationCriteria.pdf

Seems to me he could take 3rd or 4th and qualify if 141 Big 12 has 4 qualifiers, unless someone forfeits to him? Without a pigtail match 2nd place would be bad for him. Whatever happens I hope that this turns out good and he builds some confidence.

Yep. Basically win outright or finish 2nd/3rd/4th while getting at least 4 matches. He should get the pigtail and be OK.

If you look at the replies, someone asks Willie if the weight matters for G and Willie says yes.

Reactions: DPJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT