ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-seeds for the Big 12 tournament

Yep. Basically win outright or finish 2nd/3rd/4th while getting at least 4 matches. He should get the pigtail and be OK.

If you look at the replies, someone asks Willie if the weight matters for G and Willie says yes.
Thanks fellas

Reactions: Wrassler17
The Big 12 has 3 spots at 141. If G can get to third spot he is in right? That would easily give him 4 matches at 141. Is it that simple?

Beyond NCAAs, it is just nice to see him back on the mat and that the coaches are putting some trust in him. Also, this is the first year in a while we can't just show up and be given the trophy at Big 12s. Any points our "third string" 141 pounder can give us are important.

The Big 12 has 3 spots at 141. If G can get to third spot he is in right? That would easily give him 4 matches at 141. Is it that simple?

Beyond NCAAs, it is just nice to see him back on the mat and that the coaches are putting some trust in him. Also, this is the first year in a while we can't just show up and be given the trophy at Big 12s. Any points our "third string" 141 pounder can give us are important.

It's the champ plus 3 qualifiers, so top 4.

The NDSU guy lost first round last year, then came thru the consolations to take 4th (lost to Hone for 3rd).

Happy to see G get a chance. Only thing I'm worried about is his conditioning as ja said.

Reactions: Air_Thurman

The NDSU guy lost first round last year, then came thru the consolations to take 4th (lost to Hone for 3rd).

Happy to see G get a chance. Only thing I'm worried about is his conditioning as ja said.

Nice so top 4 and he is in. For what it is worth Willie posted he is at 141 now so he isn't frantically cutting. I have no idea what to expect but that makes me feel a little better. I don't think I would be shocked if G went 0-2. I don't think I would be completely shocked if he won the whole damn thing (maybe a little).

This is all icing on the cake. We had no real hope at 141 and G gets some more big time experience and a chance for redemption in a free year.

1. Ian Parker (ISU)

2. Dom Demas (OU)

3. Clay Carlson (SDSU)

4. DJ Lloren (FS)

5. Lenny Petersen (AF)

6. Chris Sandoval (UNC)

7. Dylan Droegemueller (NDSU)

8. Chase Zollman (WYO)

Don't believe Carlson has beat anyone of note, best win O'Brien Utah V but all his losses were to top 10 guys, Hart, Demas, Parker, Willits.

1- prelims
2- quarters
3- semis
4- conso semis
5- 3rd place match
That easily covers the 4 matches. If he doesn’t make it to the 3rd place match I don’t expect a wildcard for 5th.

You just never know what level of determination people have. If he has been putting in the work and wants to get back to that top 5 ranking he had a couple of years ago...watch out. If it is the guy that looked like he was spending more time partying than working out, I’d expect his opponents to have 4:00 minutes of riding time.
Parker and Demas will be tough to get past, but the remaining field aren’t world beaters.

Nice so top 4 and he is in. For what it is worth Willie posted he is at 141 now so he isn't frantically cutting. I have no idea what to expect but that makes me feel a little better. I don't think I would be shocked if G went 0-2. I don't think I would be completely shocked if he won the whole damn thing (maybe a little).

This is all icing on the cake. We had no real hope at 141 and G gets some more big time experience and a chance for redemption in a free year.

I'm actually more concerned about the lack of mat time than the weight cut. If I knew he's been practicing for a couple of weeks, then I'd feel a little better.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I'm actually more concerned about the lack of mat time than the weight cut. If I knew he's been practicing for a couple of weeks, then I'd feel a little better.
Yep, doubt he has been practicing at scratch, or close to it, 141lb.

He will likely finish in the 3-6 range so should meet the match requirement.

Who knows from there but I wouldn’t expect much.

Mastro's first match is against Molton (beat Burks in the Fargo finals a couple of years ago).

He started at Old Dominion, but transferred to Fresno St after OD dropped the program. Then Fresno dropped their program.

1- prelims
2- quarters
3- semis
4- conso semis
5- 3rd place match
That easily covers the 4 matches. If he doesn’t make it to the 3rd place match I don’t expect a wildcard for 5th.

You just never know what level of determination people have. If he has been putting in the work and wants to get back to that top 5 ranking he had a couple of years ago...watch out. If it is the guy that looked like he was spending more time partying than working out, I’d expect his opponents to have 4:00 minutes of riding time.
Parker and Demas will be tough to get past, but the remaining field aren’t world beaters.

Determination is the name of the game. Hope he's got it!

Do kind of wish G's return hadn't been broadcasted to the world, though. Why reveal your cards? Sure, you could see his name on the brackets, but at least make your opponents work to find out who you're sending out there...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT