ADVERTISEMENT

Lindenwood Open

Dang Izzak is tall. Plott is looking built too.

Lot of information here. Thanks to all who kept us updated today! Did our dudes beat any ranked opponents?
Carter Young beat Cartella a freshman who is ranked 25 at 149. I am not aware of any other ranked wrestlers in this tournament. We dominated but we should have dominated. I will be interested if Carroll is okay and if some injury was involved in his 1st round loss. Dashboard did not seem to indicate injury of any kind and Carroll got his only takedown in the 3rd period. We need him to be a star next year, hopefully he improves a lot this year and hopefully there wasn't a serious injury.

Reactions: bwel9339
Agree they dominated and should have - that hasn’t been a given the past handful of years.

It’s a minimum level expectation, and a good sign.

It also seems like there is some legitimate depth. They need everyone to perform up to their abilities and it will work out.

A lot of encouraging results, especially the bonus point wins across the board by the whole team.

Jordan Williams was the headliner, but a few others...

Teague Travis beat Jesuroga & Cartella (by md). Cartella has wins over OU's McDougald & Iowa's Rathjen this season.

184 seems to be working well for Dustin Plott. He had 3 career pins coming into the year and now has 4 just this season.

Jersey Robb has been smashing guys this year. Probably should have wrestled in the gold division. The Southern Scuffle should be interesting when he faces tougher competition.

Williams beats Teague 7-6. Looked like a last second takedown to get t
A lot of encouraging results, especially the bonus point wins across the board by the whole team.

Jordan Williams was the headliner, but a few others...

Teague Travis beat Jesuroga & Cartella (by md). Cartella has wins over OU's McDougald & Iowa's Rathjen this season.

184 seems to be working well for Dustin Plott. He had 3 career pins coming into the year and now has 4 just this season.

Jersey Robb has been smashing guys this year. Probably should have wrestled in the gold division. The Southern Scuffle should be interesting when he faces tougher competition.
We have solid backups at several weights it seems. Wittcradt/hughes at 133, Alvaraez or Jamison at 41, teague at 49, heeg/skidgel at 74, robb at 84, Haas at 97 and carroll at HWT. Maybe it’s not the case but it seems like it’s been awhile since we’ve had this much depth at that many weights.

Robb wrestled at his football weight as a senior. Weighed in at 213.9 at the Ironman when he could have been as high as 217 with the allowance. So he was definitely on full feed.

Heeg looked undersized against Payton Thomas last season. But otherwise I thought his biggest issue was conditioning. After Mirasola beat Heeg in the 182 lb Fargo final, he said Max Askren told him beforehand that Heeg's gas tank was shaky. If that improves he could surprise. Reminds me of Crutchmer a little, very explosive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT