ADVERTISEMENT

Lindenwood Open

Chasingthirty-five

2nd Team
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2023
Solid opening tournament for us really. With Northwestern and Little Rock there’s so decent competition. No clue on who all will be there unattached though.

Anyone know if flo or rofkin is going to cover it? I know it has been in the past but not seeing anything now.

It doesn’t look like Flo will be covering it from looking at their schedule. I don’t recall it ever being broadcast in the past few years, but if it was, intermat is who I think would cover it.

Reactions: Chasingthirty-five
It was streamed by Joe Williamson on his Rokfin GroWrestling channel the last couple of years. Unfortunately not this year though.

Should be a very good event. Illinois, Indiana, NIU & SIUE also have guys registered.

The Basics
The Oklahoma State wrestling team (1-0 overall) travels to Saint Charles, Mo., to compete at the Lindenwood Open on Nov. 18. The Cowboys are sending nearly their full lineup and a total of 32 wrestlers to compete at the one-day tournament.

How to Follow
Live stats from the Lindenwood Open will be accessible on trackwrestling.com, while updates will be provided as they become available by @CowboyWrestling on X and @cowboywrestling on Instagram.

The Lindenwood Open
The 2023 rendition of the Lindenwood Open features wrestlers from 11 Division I programs, including three teams included in Intermat's most recent team tournament rankings in No. 5 Missouri, No. 7 Iowa and No. 24 Illinois. The tournament will begin at 9 a.m. CT at Robert F. Hyland Arena, with competition spanning all day until the completion of every bracket, which is likely to be around 5-6 p.m. The tournament features two divisions for each weight class, a freshman/sophomore division and open division. Oklahoma State will be entering 11 wrestlers in the freshman/sophomore brackets, while the rest of the squad will compete in the open division.

Cowboys at Lindenwood
The Cowboys have sent wrestlers to the Lindenwood Open every season since 2017 (except 2020 when the tournament was not held due to COVID-19), but Saturday marks its first time entering multiple starters. In 2022, six Cowboys competed at the tournament as Zach Blankenship, Reece Witcraft and Teague Travis all brought home first-place at their respective weight classes. Jalin Harper (3rd), Jordan Williams (6th) and Kyle Haas (6th) also wrestled in the tournament last season. In 2021, seven Cowboys earned first-place finishes, highlighted by wins from Trevor Dopps, Kyle Haas, Reece Witcraft and current starter Konner Doucet. Oklahoma State has posted 15 first-place finishers at the Lindenwood Open since 2017.

About the Cowboys
Oklahoma State is ranked No. 11 in the NWCA Coaches Poll after dominating Bucknell, 38-6, in its season opener at Gallagher-Iba Arena last Friday. A pair of returning All-Americans lead the Cowboy lineup as OSU added two more former All-Americans through the transfer portal prior to the season. Daton Fix is a four-time All-American, while Dustin Plott has earned the honor in back-to-back seasons. Northern Illinois transfer Izzak Olejnik finished eighth at NCAAs just last season at 165 pounds and Sammy Alvarez was named a NWCA Second Team All-American in 2020 following the cancellation of the NCAA Championships. Alvarez will not be eligible to compete until the spring semester, however, due to his transfer in January. The OSU lineup has seen some movement from a season ago with weight changes from past starters, opening opportunities for a number of newcomers and unproven talent. Minnesota transfers Troy Spratley and Tagen Jamison look to provide support around Fix in the lower weights early in the season. Spratley moved up to No. 20 at 125 pounds in Intermat's most recent poll following his 22-3 tech fall over Bucknell's Owen Bell, while Tagen Jamison appeared at No. 22 in the ranking. Jordan Williams looks to secure the 149-pound starting role after compiling an 8-7 record while redshirting a season ago. He entered the season at No. 26 in Intermat's preseason polls, but Teague Travis earned the start in the Cowboys' season opener against Bucknell, defeating Aiden Davis, 6-1. Veterans Jalin Harper and Daniel Manibog battle for the spot at 157 pounds after the departure of Kaden Gfeller. Harper moved to No. 27 in Intermat's polls thanks to his 5-4 decision over Nick Delp last Friday. Dustin Plott's weight change allows room for standout freshman Brayden Thompson to step into the 174-pound role. Thompson was the No. 3 pound-for-pound wrestler in last year's class and has extensive experience in high-level freestyle competitions. Luke Surber and Konner Doucet round out the Cowboy lineup for the second year in a row and look to improve upon their NCAA qualifying campaigns in 2023.

Last edited:
NO. 11 OKLAHOMA STATE

: No. 20 Troy Spratley (1-0)
Jayce Mullin (3-0)
Sam Smith (2-1)
Alexander Yokubaitis (0-0)

133: Zach Blankenship (3-0)
Cael Hughes
Reece Witcraft (0-0)

141: No. 22 Tagen Jamison (1-0)
Andrew Bloemhof (4-0)
Mitchell Borynack (1-2)

149: Teague Travis (1-0)
Cutter Sheets (2-1)
No. 26 Jordan Williams (0-0)

157: No. 27 Jalin Harper (4-1)
Daniel Manibog (3-0)
Jeremy Manibog (0-0)
Jaxen Wright (0-0)

165: No. 6 Izzak Olejnik (1-0)

174: AJ Heeg (3-1)
Dax Hughes (2-2)
Benjamin Mower (3-1)
Blake Skidgel (2-1)

184: No. 4 Dustin Plott (1-0)
Carlos Alvarado (0-0)
Trevor Dopps (3-0)
Jersey Robb (3-0)
Evan Shetley (0-0)

197: No. 9 Luke Surber (1-0)
Kyle Haas (0-0)
Sam Sherrer (0-0)

HWT: No. 16 Konner Doucet (1-0)
Christian Carroll (2-0)

*Intermat Rankings used for individual

Everything posted is Official OSU, so likely wouldn’t mention if those 2 were wrestling unattached.

I guess I find that pretty odd since it’s one of a few opportunities to wrestle right now but I’m sure there’s a reason.

NO. 11 OKLAHOMA STATE

: No. 20 Troy Spratley (1-0)
Jayce Mullin (3-0)
Sam Smith (2-1)
Alexander Yokubaitis (0-0)

133: Zach Blankenship (3-0)
Cael Hughes
Reece Witcraft (0-0)

141: No. 22 Tagen Jamison (1-0)
Andrew Bloemhof (4-0)
Mitchell Borynack (1-2)

149: Teague Travis (1-0)
Cutter Sheets (2-1)
No. 26 Jordan Williams (0-0)

157: No. 27 Jalin Harper (4-1)
Daniel Manibog (3-0)
Jeremy Manibog (0-0)
Jaxen Wright (0-0)

165: No. 6 Izzak Olejnik (1-0)

174: AJ Heeg (3-1)
Dax Hughes (2-2)
Benjamin Mower (3-1)
Blake Skidgel (2-1)

184: No. 4 Dustin Plott (1-0)
Carlos Alvarado (0-0)
Trevor Dopps (3-0)
Jersey Robb (3-0)
Evan Shetley (0-0)

197: No. 9 Luke Surber (1-0)
Kyle Haas (0-0)
Sam Sherrer (0-0)

HWT: No. 16 Konner Doucet (1-0)
Christian Carroll (2-0)

*Intermat Rankings used for individual
Jordan Williams performance seems really important for our future. However with Carter Young gaining weight and strength he could take over next year at 149 and wrestle 2 years and he has great potential to All American if he is healthy. I think I remember Jordan Williams did beat Carter Young in high school but so far I am stunned by Williams lack of development ( it could be his own doing).

Rathjen and Jesuroga are registered for Iowa. They should be solid competition for Travis & Williams @ 149. Steed is registered for Mizzou, he should be a good test for Harper & Manibog @ 157. It appears Mauller has won the starting spot over Steed.

Reactions: JAY45
Jordan Williams performance seems really important for our future. However with Carter Young gaining weight and strength he could take over next year at 149 and wrestle 2 years and he has great potential to All American if he is healthy. I think I remember Jordan Williams did beat Carter Young in high school but so far I am stunned by Williams lack of development ( it could be his own doing).
Jordan Williams continues to make poor choices.

At this stage, I'm not sure anyone should count on him to be a mainstay in our lineup.

He's still young and can turn it around.

Jordan Williams continues to make poor choices.

At this stage, I'm not sure anyone should count on him to be a mainstay in our lineup.

He's still young and can turn it around.
I’m not sure what poor choices he’s made. Is it a Gfeller situation?Capable but not consistently motivated?

After Jordan Williams committed then decommitted and quit wrestling in HS I was a little skeptical. Maybe he’ll figure things out.

I wanna make sure I’m following along the best way. Just watching track wrestling. I don’t have twitter but I know the Osu account will be posting too.

Haas 4-0 1st
Now down 5-7
6-7f

Surber maybe pin its over

Last edited:
Williams tech
Sheets believe a pin
believe Jamison & Travis won easily
Lot going on at 49, missed Young

Reactions: JAY45
Alvarez wins by major
Teague wins by fall
Williams wins by tech
Izzy wins by fall
Plott wins by fall
Harper wins 1-0
Spratley wins by tech
Wittcraft wins by major
Manibog wins by fall
Plott wins by tech
Surber wins by fall
Spratley won by tech, Sam Smith won by pin as did Blankenship, Alverez won by Tech and Jamison won by pin, Williams won by tech and Travis beat Jesuroga of Iowa by 7 to 1, and Sheets won by pin.

Reactions: JAY45 and 51Cowboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT