ADVERTISEMENT

OSU-Iowa updates, please

LOL I stand by my comments on Boo. Time for Moran to take over the spot until Boo figures out what his problems are. Perhaps I was caught up in the action of the match as it was progressing and a bit harsh but who didn't have the same thought? As it turns out it didn't make diddly squat that Boo looked like a ragdoll getting manhandled. I thought it was HUGE and quite likely the big turning point in the match that set the tone for the rest of the dual. That got the crowd in it. It was refreshing to see Blaylock take on an even more formidable opponent than Boo had and show his teammates how its done. Moore was gassed after 1 period and White was just a bit short of getting the win that I thought he deserved. I didn't count on Rogers losing either. I ve seen plenty of quality Boo matches but this and the NCS dual looked like nothing that any of us have ever seen from him before. Lets hope he figures it out. When wrestling his best he is our best option.

LOL I stand by my comments on Boo. Time for Moran to take over the spot until Boo figures out what his problems are. Perhaps I was caught up in the action of the match as it was progressing and a bit harsh but who didn't have the same thought? As it turns out it didn't make diddly squat that Boo looked like a ragdoll getting manhandled. I thought it was HUGE and quite likely the big turning point in the match that set the tone for the rest of the dual. That got the crowd in it. It was refreshing to see Blaylock take on an even more formidable opponent than Boo had and show his teammates how its done. Moore was gassed after 1 period and White was just a bit short of getting the win that I thought he deserved. I didn't count on Rogers losing either. I ve seen plenty of quality Boo matches but this and the NCS dual looked like nothing that any of us have ever seen from him before. Lets hope he figures it out. When wrestling his best he is our best option.
I'm sure you do stand behind your comments behind your computer.

you said the issue is corrected. Anxious to see that in the upcoming Missouri match. I will be pulling for him as I did against Iowa.

Your not pulling for him. You are a fool who likes to run your mouth behind a computer. You are clueless. You said he hasn't done anything all year. Only winning the most matches by anyone on the team and only losing a one point match to a national champion at reno until italy. You are a POS. You said he won't wrestle again this year. I guess we will find out Friday. Nobody was pleased with his last two performances but your comments are rediculous. Kid has been on fire until the last two matches. I guess you forget that there are people that truly care about these boys that read these comments. I'm just one that will slap you until you piss your pants if I ever find out who you are. I've watched several of these boys grow up and it pisses me off to read the bs you were puking out of your fingers. So, when he turns it around don't get on here and praise his performance.

Wait until Missouri? He has already beat their 141 and 149 and they are both ranked in the top 5.
1. Differences of opinion on this board are par for the course.
2. This opinion differences should be iterated in a civilized manner.
3. You are over the top in your criticism of a loyal Cowboy supporter of many years.
4. Boo will wrestle better in future matches based on his record. I agree that he is our choice at this weight going forward and I have always liked his style and aggression.
5. For whatever reason he did not show this aggression in the last match. You imply that he was either sick or hurt and I hope this is the case. In any event I predicted he would lose ;by a major decision to Sorenson who is a seasoned well conditioned and coached athlete.
7. You have every right to be upset if you feel criticism was unfair to Boo or any of the wrestlers but threatening another person on this board is way out of line.

Just my humble opinion, but I think we all agree that some of the comments made in the heat of the moment (match) were too strong. And that practically everyone who has ever wrestled has been "broken" in a match on THAT DAY. The point where you believe you can't win or score anymore. Could be for any number of reasons - fatigue, bad weight cut, recovering from sickness, nagging injury, personal life, or the other guy was just better THAT DAY. I remember near the end of coach Smith's 1988 gold medal match, the announcer said John may have broken his Russian opponent after a takedown caused him to put his head on the mat. That was a guy in the Olympic finals and they were talking about if he broke. I also think everyone on here (aside from a few obvious opposing fans) supports the wrestlers and the team. Some might be more critical than others, some might be more optimistic than others, but we are all Cowboy supporters. Again, just my humble opinion. Go Pokes!

Just my humble opinion, but I think we all agree that some of the comments made in the heat of the moment (match) were too strong. And that practically everyone who has ever wrestled has been "broken" in a match on THAT DAY. The point where you believe you can't win or score anymore. Could be for any number of reasons - fatigue, bad weight cut, recovering from sickness, nagging injury, personal life, or the other guy was just better THAT DAY. I remember near the end of coach Smith's 1988 gold medal match, the announcer said John may have broken his Russian opponent after a takedown caused him to put his head on the mat. That was a guy in the Olympic finals and they were talking about if he broke. I also think everyone on here (aside from a few obvious opposing fans) supports the wrestlers and the team. Some might be more critical than others, some might be more optimistic than others, but we are all Cowboy supporters. Again, just my humble opinion. Go Pokes!
Amen to that! I did not mention the name of the National and Olympic Champion who was "broken" by a Brands Brother in Stillwater several years ago but I bet most of you know it was Kendall Cross. He not only came all of the way back from that match but beat his opponent for the National title but went on to be an Olympic champion. It happens to the best of us

1. Differences of opinion on this board are par for the course.
2. This opinion differences should be iterated in a civilized manner.
3. You are over the top in your criticism of a loyal Cowboy supporter of many years.
4. Boo will wrestle better in future matches based on his record. I agree that he is our choice at this weight going forward and I have always liked his style and aggression.
5. For whatever reason he did not show this aggression in the last match. You imply that he was either sick or hurt and I hope this is the case. In any event I predicted he would lose ;by a major decision to Sorenson who is a seasoned well conditioned and coached athlete.
7. You have every right to be upset if you feel criticism was unfair to Boo or any of the wrestlers but threatening another person on this board is way out of line.
I guess my opinion of a true supporter of a team/program is different than yours. I believe you support through thick or thin, highs or lows. The comments that this guy made were a personal attack on boo's character as a person and competitor. A true supporter should not act this way. Just bc your frustrated, as everyone was with his last two performances, doesn't mean your ready to chop his head off. Loyalty from a true fan or supporter should not be measured on only 2 matches. The kid has faced some serious adversity and keeps grinding. A true supporter or fan of wrestling with any knowledge would have to wonder what the hell is wrong with this kid in his last two matches. Not belittling him on a public forum to that extent. Our opinion on threats and how people handle things like this are obviously different too. My loyalty towards boo is obviously more than some and if that offends anyone then oh well.

I guess my opinion of a true supporter of a team/program is different than yours. I believe you support through thick or thin, highs or lows. The comments that this guy made were a personal attack on boo's character as a person and competitor. A true supporter should not act this way. Just bc your frustrated, as everyone was with his last two performances, doesn't mean your ready to chop his head off. Loyalty from a true fan or supporter should not be measured on only 2 matches. The kid has faced some serious adversity and keeps grinding. A true supporter or fan of wrestling with any knowledge would have to wonder what the hell is wrong with this kid in his last two matches. Not belittling him on a public forum to that extent. Our opinion on threats and how people handle things like this are obviously different too. My loyalty towards boo is obviously more than some and if that offends anyone then oh well.
WCS- I agree with you in some respects. I felt like the criticism of Boo was too personal and I simply do not believe he just laid down and quit. For whatever reason he did not have the energy at the end of the match to prevent take downs(he could barely stand). He was caught in whirlwind by a wrestler that is known for his stamina. I believe Boo when healthy can give him a very good match. The comments from Wheeling and others were emotional and all wrapped up in the conflagration that is a OK State/Iowa match. I personally know Wheeling Cowboy and he is a great guy and a great supporter of OSU wrestling. He takes it seriously and he was disappointed. I believe he respects all our wrestlers including Boo and I am certain in calmer times after some thought would not have chosen the words he did. That being said threatening him with physical harm in my opinion is just wrong. Just to be clear I am not calling you out for your staunch defense of Boo but just the manner in which you did it. Boo has been for several years(even before) OK State one of my favorite wrestlers and primarily because HE DID NOT QUIT in any match I witnessed including several barn-burners against Davion Jeffries. He did not quit in his match against Sorenson, his body just failed him.

Boo gets an opponent tonight (assuming he wrestles) which he should beat fairly easily. Good bounce back opportunity for the young man.

Only a few good matchups tonight imo. Looking forward to seeing Pic and Preston go against a couple of top 20 guys. Pic needs a good performance to regain some confidence.

.wow WCS. Just wow. nothing like the fury of a pissed off mother. LOL. Just for you I wont comment on your son after today . Boo Who? I wish I had a son that wrestled for OSU. Im sure you are proud and you should be. Only daughters for me. I've been going to matches since 1971 so I think I know when a wrestler has surrendered. But 46 years is not that long compared to some on this board like Larry so I could be wrong. The Iowa match is the one that triggers many of us. Long history of great wins and very disappointing losses. Maybe you just don't get that yet and that's ok. There were plenty of others on and off this site trashing Boo for his "shocking" performance. I didn't say anything after the NCS match but when you face Iowa the entire country's eyes are on you. And you better show up with your best effort else you risk embarrassing yourself, your team , and your school in front of a hundred thousand people. I'm now just calling it a shocking performance because no one expected to see what we all saw. It was painful to watch, out of character for him and most of all very untimely. And if my comments offended you then oh well

.wow WCS. Just wow. nothing like the fury of a pissed off mother. LOL. Just for you I wont comment on your son after today . Boo Who? I wish I had a son that wrestled for OSU. Im sure you are proud and you should be. Only daughters for me. I've been going to matches since 1971 so I think I know when a wrestler has surrendered. But 46 years is not that long compared to some on this board like Larry so I could be wrong. The Iowa match is the one that triggers many of us. Long history of great wins and very disappointing losses. Maybe you just don't get that yet and that's ok. There were plenty of others on and off this site trashing Boo for his "shocking" performance. I didn't say anything after the NCS match but when you face Iowa the entire country's eyes are on you. And you better show up with your best effort else you risk embarrassing yourself, your team , and your school in front of a hundred thousand people. I'm now just calling it a shocking performance because no one expected to see what we all saw. It was painful to watch, out of character for him and most of all very untimely. And if my comments offended you then oh well

I have a right to set you straight since you brought me into it. Boo’s mommy isn’t getting pissy. You obviously don’t know me because I’m his worse critic other than coach Smith. If I’m going to say something I will say it to a persons face not hide behind a computer. You can make whatever comment you wish about my son but do not accuse me of something I did not do. I don’t hide behind computers, so wrong person, oh this is Shelly Lewallen.

I have a right to set you straight since you brought me into it. Boo’s mommy isn’t getting pissy. You obviously don’t know me because I’m his worse critic other than coach Smith. If I’m going to say something I will say it to a persons face not hide behind a computer. You can make whatever comment you wish about my son but do not accuse me of something I did not do. I don’t hide behind computers, so wrong person, oh this is Shelly Lewallen.
I do not think any one thought it was you behind the moniker WCS. We have met and you are a refined lady just supporting your son. The nature of the remarks would eliminate you in any event. Boo will come back from this loss and be the better for it and he will be most likely a three year starter and I predict an All-American. He is a very good wrestler and btw I would not predict a winner in a grudge match between you and Wheeling. ;). I do know from personal experience that nothing good comes from making comments in the heat or just after a match. I believe that WC is making a wise choice by not prolonging this controversy.

thanks for setting the record straight. I wish both of you well. Many on here know who I am. WCS chooses to remain hidden. thank you Larry for moderating and your sage advice. I live in NJ so I have no one to commiserate with. Karen just leaves the room when I get upset at my football and wrestling team. What fun is this board if you can not blow off steam, complain or cheer. I go to Lehigh and Rutgers matches but its just not the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: oberebo
Shelly, many of us believe in your son. I have watched him since he was 5 and I know he will come back stronger. Don’t read these boards, they will drive you crazy.

Spencer Lee beat NATO today. Kid is a definite title contender.

Good match and a good dual. NATO with the only takedown, but Lee wins on RT after riding him out in the 2nd period.

Couple of observations. It looked like Lee went to a staggered stance with his left leg back to prevent Tomasello from getting to his high crotch. Also, with the score 17-12 and still winnable, Iowa does not wrestle Stoll. Snyder teched the backup.

Gunther Dietrich says hello. So does Rulon Gardner.

And keeping it "real" for the state of Iowa, Kyven Gadson and Larry Owings say hello also.

Extremely unlikely, sure. Impossible, no. In fact, Snyder is probably more likely to be pinned by a big college heavy than to be outscored and lose by a decision.

But since when do teams duck a big matchup when they haven't even been mathematically eliminated?

And keeping it "real" for the state of Iowa, Kyven Gadson and Larry Owings say hello also.

Extremely unlikely, sure. Impossible, no. In fact, Snyder is probably more likely to be pinned by a big college heavy than to be outscored and lose by a decision.

But since when do teams duck a big matchup when they haven't even been mathematically eliminated?
Yeah, just jabbin’ for fun.

OU under Spates used to do such stuff. Pissed me off to no end.

Reactions: Wrassler17
This doesn’t have anything to do with Boo’s wrestling ability (although I expect multiple AA’s from him). My son and granddaughter ran into him in the hallway at the BOK Center after his match last night and Boo graciously posed for a pic with my granddaughter. My son said Boo was very polite, gracious and courteous. He appears to be someone we can all be proud to have on our team, win or lose.

He’s who I wanted at OU after his senior year. Happy for him, but would rather see him wrestle for us good guys. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT