ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa or Penn state

in all seriousness, that means Iowa has to win at least 2 matches. 🤔. I’m going to have to say over. Most likely PSU will throw at least one backup in there and there are a couple of weights where PSU could pull off a win, 125 lbs, 141, 157, imo. The question is, if Iowa shows up could this give them confidence going into our match?
Nice line, I picked the over

That team is ridiculous. Five #1's, a #2, two #6's, a #7 and a sad #10. How can the NCAA look at a system that can produce a team like this and not think that something needs to be fixed. This team will probably produce ten AA's and break the all-time scoring recorded. It's even more sickening than Iowa's 70's run because at least they didn't break/bend a bunch of rules to do it. I'm going to go throw up now.

• Haha
Reactions: Vic Vaselino
That team is ridiculous. Five #1's, a #2, two #6's, a #7 and a sad #10. How can the NCAA look at a system that can produce a team like this and not think that something needs to be fixed. This team will probably produce ten AA's and break the all-time scoring recorded. It's even more sickening than Iowa's 70's run because at least they didn't break/bend a bunch of rules to do it. I'm going to go throw up now.
They are stacked, in a messed up way I think NIL will actually help even out things. Now that it’s known we can all do it.

Who does PSU lose after this year? Is it just Brooks and Truax? I think Bartlett, Kerk and Starocci have one more year.

I can’t Stand PSU the same the rest, but it will push all teams to be better. It does cause disparity between the haves and the have nots. I think that has been coach smiths concern all along

Who does PSU lose after this year? Is it just Brooks and Truax? I think Bartlett, Kerk and Starocci have one more year.
I don't think they lose Brooks because of Covid year. This is why we have no chance next year and the year after is the first possibility. After next year they could lose Bartlet, Starocci, Brooks and Kerk and come down to earth where they are not invincible. However last night was worry producing because Haines at 157 destroyed Franek last night and looked like a sure National Champ this year. Messenbrink 165 beat Caliendo easily but Caliendo got a takedown near the end of the match to prevent a major. At 125 their guy Davis lost a close decision to Ayala and he is a true freshman, but he won't be starting soon Lilledahl (number 1 pound for pound). Nagao is an All American at 133. 149 Kasak lost in overtime but he is a true freshman. The good news is many of their top wrestlers ( recruits) are packed into the 157 and 165 class which has Hines and Messenbrink already there. No after looking I will take that back because Sealey after a redshirt can take 174 and Duke after a redshirt can take 157. Their 2024 recruiting class is unbelievable. However with great improvement from our many young wrestlers Spratley, Hughes Jamison, Williams, Travis, Thompson, Robb and Carroll. With Sakamoto 133 and Cody Merrill 197 or HWT, and Ladarion Lockett 157 or 165 we can fill out our entire lineup with potentially great wrestlers. However, every miss on a recruit or a weight class they can wrestle makes our super hard task even harder. Hopefully tonight we will see the continued development of our young wrestlers.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
I don't think they lose Brooks because of Covid year. This is why we have no chance next year and the year after is the first possibility. After next year they could lose Bartlet, Starocci, Brooks and Kerk and come down to earth where they are not invincible. However last night was worry producing because Haines at 157 destroyed Franek last night and looked like a sure National Champ this year. Messenbrink 165 beat Caliendo easily but Caliendo got a takedown near the end of the match to prevent a major. At 125 their guy Davis lost a close decision to Ayala and he is a true freshman, but he won't be starting soon Lilledahl (number 1 pound for pound). Nagao is an All American at 133. 149 Kasak lost in overtime but he is a true freshman. The good news is many of their top wrestlers ( recruits) are packed into the 157 and 165 class which has Hines and Messenbrink already there. No after looking I will take that back because Sealey after a redshirt can take 174 and Duke after a redshirt can take 157. Their 2024 recruiting class is unbelievable. However with great improvement from our many young wrestlers Spratley, Hughes Jamison, Williams, Travis, Thompson, Robb and Carroll. With Sakamoto 133 and Cody Merrill 197 or HWT, and Ladarion Lockett 157 or 165 we can fill out our entire lineup with potentially great wrestlers. However, every miss on a recruit or a weight class they can wrestle makes our super hard task even harder. Hopefully tonight we will see the continued development of our young wrestlers.
This is Brooks final year. Star, Kerk and Beau all have one more. Star says he’s not coming back but who knows.

My prediction next year..
125 Liledahl
133 Nagao
141 Bartlett
149 Van Ness
157 Messenbrink
165 Haines
174 Facundo
184 Barr
197 Mirasola/Cochran
285 Kerk

If Starocci comes back I think Haines takes redshirt and Facundo goes 165

Reactions: JAY45
For sure, odds are he's throwing that out there looking for a payday
Yes, but no way he would wrestle elsewhere. I don’t think anyone would spend that kinda money for a 1 year deal.

Yes, but no way he would wrestle elsewhere. I don’t think anyone would spend that kinda money for a 1 year deal.
I think Iowa would. They tried to get Gable for 1 year. But, you're right I don't think he'd leave penn st.

Reactions: bwel9339
I fully expect Cael to find another edge over everyone else. Did it with WC's, first to always jump on new training methods, first to adapt to NIL; I'm sure he will figure out some other way to get an edge. Hate PSU but the guy is always trying to find an edge and so far he's been 3 steps ahead of us. At this point I'm just going to enjoy our improvements we've seen so far this season and hope they carry over to the post season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT