(this could be a close match)
149 Boo Lewallen dec. Grant Leeth (1-2 pts) OK State 13
157 Jonce Blaylock loses Dec. to Joey Lavallee OK State 13 Mo. 3
165 Dalton Moran loses dec. to Connor Flynn OK State 13 Mo. 6
174 Jacobe Smith loses dec. to Daniel Lewis OK State 13 Mo. 9
184 Keegan Moore or Austin Marsden dec. vs. Canten Marriott OK State 16 Mo. 9
197 Preston Weigel dec. (very close match) vs. Willie Miklus OK State 19-9
285 Derek White Maj. Dec. vs. Austin Meyers OK State 24-9

The above is with very orange colored spectacles. Heil could lose to Eierman, Lewallen could lose to Leeth and Weigel could lose to Miklus. Moran could be pinned by Connor Flynn.Should be a very close match with several hard fought battles.

Myers hasn't been wrestling 285 for Mizzou recently. Hoping Derek can bonus their backup. Also, their 184 has looked pretty good lately. Keegan/Andrew could be in for a tough match.

I think we give up bonus at 165 possibly and unless Mardsen is ready and in good shape we lose at 184. Everything else looks good to me Obe.

Heil, Boo and Preston will have tough matches but I think all three pull them out especially at home.

Reactions: Wrassler17
heil ain't losing
Very confident statement. Eierman is 21-1 with his only loss to #1 Meredith. He has also decisioned Gfeller handily twice and dec. #3 Diakomilhalis 9-6. He last wrestled Heil in the NCAA losing 6-5. He is ranked #5 with Flo that came out today and Heil is #4. I say this is a toss-up match and I picked Heil as it is a home match. He has ten falls this season and looks better every time he wrestles. Meantime Heil has kept matches close against #1 and #2 but lost both in last period. I applaud your spirit but I do not have your confidence.

Very confident statement. Eierman is 21-1 with his only loss to #1 Meredith. He has also decisioned Gfeller handily twice and dec. #3 Diakomilhalis 9-6. He last wrestled Heil in the NCAA losing 6-5. He is ranked #5 with Flo that came out today and Heil is #4. I say this is a toss-up match and I picked Heil as it is a home match. He has ten falls this season and looks better every time he wrestles. Meantime Heil has kept matches close against #1 and #2 but lost both in last period. I applaud your spirit but I do not have your confidence.

heil losses to merideth at altitude on a quick turnaround and peeps are shook?

I have some confidence in Heil but this year I have seen him put his head down 3 times in matches this year never just putting his head down near the end of a match. My hope is that he is beginning to rebound and rebound strong from that bad 3 weeks of wrestling.

Reactions: Rdcldad
I expect this dual to be very close
Pic will major
Brock should win but Erneste is AA caliber guy
Dean will have his hands full he better be ready to score points
Leeth just beat Oliver Central Michigan last week I think he wins
Lavalle will win here maybe major
Flynn will beat Moran if its Rodgers he wins
Lewis wins maybe bonus
Marriott is tough Moore shape could be a issue
197 will be a close match toss up
White will bonus possible pin
I could see Mizzu being up 5-3 matches going into 197 and needing to win them both with some bonus at HWT

I have some confidence in Heil but this year I have seen him put his head down 3 times in matches this year never just putting his head down near the end of a match. My hope is that he is beginning to rebound and rebound strong from that bad 3 weeks of wrestling.

if you've seen him do something he's never done either he was off physically or he's lost his edge

i'm going with the former

john scheduled every disadvantage he could for dean

that's lots of experience going into molding a three timer

Reactions: osu2082
Well Dean won't have to face Kanen Storr on Sunday. Storr was granted an immediate release by Iowa State.

Rdcidad, Lest you think I have given up on Heil I should tell you that I predict with confidence that Dean will win his 3rd NCAA title. It is hard to say that Dean is in a "slump" now when he has lost to Meredith and Jack who are now ranked 1 and 2. They were both close matches and he has prevailed against both in the past. I predicted Dean will win against Eierman on Saturday but qualified it with close match that he might lose. However, Dean has already proven "twice" that when the chips are down he comes through. He may not do it like his fans want but his method is a proven winner. I respect and admire Dean for the dogged way he pursues his goals and achieves them. He may march to a different drummer but when it counts he is the leader of the parade. It will be a great match Saturday and win or lose at 141 my money is on Dean in March.
LETS GO POKES !!

Reactions: osu2082 and Rdcldad
I think Dean needs to quit thinking about bonus points and just win. He’s just not great at getting bonus points but he is great a winning. He is still the favorite to win in Cleveland but there are 5 or 6 others very capable at 141. Hope he gets his third title.

FRL did a breakdown on the dual. Willie, Christian and Kyle picked us. Nomad picked Missouri. They also did a little routine on wanting to see Andrew take over at 184 in place of Keegan. But they kept saying Austin Marsden because they liked the nickname "Aus-time" Marsden. Should have been "In-drew" Marsden.

If someone is not going to be able to make this match and has tickets let me know. This will be the first time this season since football, the wife, kids and I will be coming to Stillwater.

If someone is not going to be able to make this match and has tickets let me know. This will be the first time this season since football, the wife, kids and I will be coming to Stillwater.

Landon, leave me your email address. I won't be able to attend Friday night. They are yours, if you still need them.

Any word on why the kid from the cyclones transferred?
Probably never bought in and it took its toll down the stretch. Going from KJ and the Paulsons to a staff of former Hawkeyes with clearly a different approach probably wasn’t the easiest adjustment for him.

Reactions: Rdcldad
Injury default win for Pic.
Brock pulls out exciting win after being out on his back with two late takedowns, one a bit questionable.
Heil pinned after almost being pinned earlier.
Boo loses 8-4 over guy ranked higher but who Boo had previously beat. 9-9
Jonce closes well to lose 9-5 to number 4 after being down 6-1 in first.

Last edited:
Blaylock isn’t the most talented guy on the roster but he wrestles hard for 7 minutes.

Chandler Rodgers is worth the price of admission

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082 and Rdcldad
Wow....Rogers down 6-0 on his throw not working. Got put in a six point move off his own throw. Keeps up with the throws and wins by pin in early 2nd.

Jacobe loses 7-3. 15-15

Keegan Moore makes zero offensive moves through an entire match and loses 2-1 on stalling with 9 seconds left. Should have been called multiple times earlier. Each side with the quick escape. We could have been hit with more stalling points. Moore shows zero effort or pride, even when knowing what’s at stake. 18-15 Mizzou with two matches left.

Last edited:
Does Moore understand that you have to take a shot to win

Weigel goes down on a 6-point move.... 10-4. Weigel looked slow on the shot and Miklus blocked and countered Weigel to his back.

Weigel with poor effort gives up late 6 point move on failed takedown. The whole match he kept trying to pull opponent backwards on top of him to near diastrous results. Takes a half hearted takedown late and tried to back out of it but got caught on his haunches and put on back. 21-15 Mizzou

Mizzou with lighter back up hwt.

OSU needs to take a long look in the mirror with their style of Wrestling if we ever want to be at PSU LEVEL again. They wrestle balls to the wall and we just show up and sleep walk

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT