ADVERTISEMENT

Odds & Ends

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
Could not view or listen to the match today except for 149 and part of 157 so I can make no first hand comments. However, very proud of Nolan Boyd and I do not care if Dean was getting over the bubonic plague. He was well enough to get out on the mat and strong enough to beat most people whatever condition he is in. Nolan is and always has been my favorite the last three years.
I was able to listen to the Collica match and it sounded like he could get the takedown whenever he wanted to and he did want to. Joe sounded like the aggressor but got out wrestled in scramble situations. He can turn this around. Once again we win again at 197 without a takedown and from what I read no offensive shots. However, he is good on defense and very strong on top.The decision may have been made that he will be the starter at 197.
Just watched a match on Flo between the 165 pounder from Wyoming and Keilan Torrres of Northern Colorado. Torres won handily at this weight and is 10-3 for Northern Colorado and we will see him at the Big 12. Chris Koo transferred to Binghampton for this year but although he is shown on the roster he is shown to have no matches. Do not know if he is injured or red shirting.
I think we saw the answer to Mike Tognetti's poll on another thread. Chandler needs to be at 165 next year and then we will see if he can stay with Marsteller. He is exciting but strength is too much up at 174.
Someone mentioned in the Cornell thread about Dean Heil and his doggedness once he has the leg. I can not remember a match where he has a leg and failed to get the takedown. Sometimes it can be a minute in duration but he just keeps improving his position and gets it.
It is looking more and more like we have settled on the team going into Big 12 with possible exception of 174 where we do not know the extent of Crutchmer's injury and 197. 197 is looking semi-settled with Weigel having very "strong performances" albeit with no takedown attempts. We have a strong team and although we may have lost in the rankings at 157 and 174 we have more than made up for this at 149 and 184.

LETS GO POKES!!

Reactions: Gooseeman
You guys keep talking about Chandler being too small for 174 but I believe he wrestled at 84kg for junior world team trials this summer in Wisconsin. And he wrestled very well as I recall while making the finals and eventually losing to Valencia (less talented of the two) twin.

Side Note: That was a great tournament for Marsteller minus the finals where he was beaten soundly twice by Mark Hall. Nolf was in the same bracket however he was beaten before he wrestled Marsteller. Jo Smith was also there but lost to Nolf in a good match.

I think Chandler will be at 165 next year and obviously will have a very high ceiling there.

I wondered why he had no won/loss record. Did he go to anoher school?
Koo is a great young man, very funny guy. Miss him on the team, he had a lot of friends for the time he spent in Stillwater. Got in a little run-in on the wrestling team, if you know Koo you would think "No WAY". I'm sure he didn't start it but might of finished it. It will work out and I hope he gets back in the lineup and show us what he can do. One of the wrestlers I still follow, I hope him the best on the mat and off.

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT