ADVERTISEMENT

north korea/us summit

Rdcldad

Heisman Winner
Oct 13, 2015
trump gets little rocket man to the table and

demtard congress people pining to be dealt in.

hell all congress people pining to be dealt in

same folks up and down raining on trump stability, trumps finger on the button
bla bla bla

dudes making america great again

grabbing the whole lot of them by their pussies

95225_CF2_6428_4145_8_D00_97765_D8_CF352.jpg

How has he got closer? Two of those in that picture actually had deals signed with the DPRK

What did those signed deals actually accomplish?

(Besides spending taxpayer money and resources to guard South Korea’s border, but not being able to effectively guard our southern border)

Deals or kicking the can down the road payoffs?
Twice we had deals signed which called for the DPRK to end their Nuclear weapons program in exchange for sanctions being dropped. Four additional times we have had verbal agreements in place. They had various verification measures implemented, including real time monitoring, inspections and all that, and the DPRK broke the agreement both times.........that is why US policy has been no more bilateral meetings or negotiations with the DPRK, only multi-lateral negotiations including S. Korea, Japan , China and Russia, the thinking being it would be much harder for them to break an agreement between all those countries than one just between the US and the DPRK. That is one reason this is such a big deal, the DPRK has been trying for decades to get a one on one meeting with the US, not to mention a meeting between the US President and Kim..........previous Presidents have absolutely refused because we would be giving the DPRK exactly what they have wanted and an incredible PR victory

Reactions: CSCOTTOSUPOKES
Twice we had deals signed which called for the DPRK to end their Nuclear weapons program in exchange for sanctions being dropped. Four additional times we have had verbal agreements in place. They had various verification measures implemented, including real time monitoring, inspections and all that, and the DPRK broke the agreement both times.........that is why US policy has been no more bilateral meetings or negotiations with the DPRK, only multi-lateral negotiations including S. Korea, Japan , China and Russia, the thinking being it would be much harder for them to break an agreement between all those countries than one just between the US and the DPRK. That is one reason this is such a big deal, the DPRK has been trying for decades to get a one on one meeting with the US, not to mention a meeting between the US President and Kim..........previous Presidents have absolutely refused because we would be giving the DPRK exactly what they have wanted and an incredible PR victory
So your idea is that we continue down all of the previous paths of failure that led to the nuclear armed North Korea of today? Sounds like a great idea.

I think I'll wait and see what a new approach produces.

This won’t resonate in the echo chamber.

So your idea is that we continue down all of the previous paths of failure that led to the nuclear armed North Korea of today? Sounds like a great idea.

New Approach: Dennis Rodman Rebound King

I am not saying that at all, just stating what our policy has been....but.........This is a huge political coup for Kim, just a photo of him and President Trump is a huge victory for them. In a country where there is ZERO outside media, internet, or anything it is huge for him to use domestically...........
Honestly, what President Trump is doing, is doing exactly what we have done in the past, as far as trying to negotiate one on one...........

What did those signed deals actually accomplish?

(Besides spending taxpayer money and resources to guard South Korea’s border, but not being able to effectively guard our southern border)
Nothing......that is the whole point

That's not at all what he wrote.

I am not saying that at all, just stating what our policy has been....but.........This is a huge political coup for Kim, just a photo of him and President Trump is a huge victory for them. In a country where there is ZERO outside media, internet, or anything it is huge for him to use domestically...........
Honestly, what President Trump is doing, is doing exactly what we have done in the past, as far as trying to negotiate one on one...........
Nonsense. No other president, while in office, chose to meet face to face with any of the Kims. All the others gave them billions in return for hollow promises. Funny, I heard the exact same description of this being Kim's coup on CNN yesterday.

[ QUOTE="jkosu, post: 1233549, member: 768"]This summit has two possible outcomes:

A) Trump failed
b) Clinton and Obama’s policies worked, they just took time.[/QUOTE]
The most damaging thing this could do is bolster Kim's status. The North Korean people are totally curt off to outside information sources, all they know is what they are told by the government. The "best" way to stop the threat of the DPRK would be to get rid of Kim and his family, but neither China nor Russia want that, so the only way that would happen would be for him to be overthrown by his own people, but, this summit will now legitimize him, he , I am sure, will tell his people tell his people that the only reason the US is talking to him is because of his brilliance and we are scared of his weapons, and it will just be more proof to his people how great he is

Nonsense. No other president, while in office, chose to meet face to face with any of the Kims. All the others gave them billions in return for hollow promises. Funny, I heard the exact same description of this being Kim's coup on CNN yesterday.
The sitting Presidents did not, but they rarely would, one reason this is unique is before two leaders ever sit down for anything like this , all the details are already worked out, its usually just a photo op by the time two leaders meet face to face if they ever do...........as far as "hollow promises" , all promises are hollow if one side decides to break the deal.........no matter how iron clad it seems to be..........the United States' promises to Iran sure seem pretty hollow right now

As far as CNN, I did not watch them yesterday, but they probably said it because it is what will probably happen, experts have been saying that for years

As far as CNN, I did not watch them yesterday, but they probably said it because it is what will probably happen, experts have been saying that for years

little rocket man went to school in switzerland and hangs with rodman

your analysis is cold war stale

Reactions: NZ Poke
Honestly, what President Trump is doing, is doing exactly what we have done in the past, as far as trying to negotiate one on one...
Which one of those previous presidents actually met with a North Korean dictator?
You sound just like the lefty talking heads, the same ones that still heap praise on the idiotic Iran deal and predicted Trump would get the US into war with North Korea.

Reactions: TPOKE
Which one of those previous presidents actually met with a North Korean dictator?
You sound just like the lefty talking heads, the same ones that still heap praise on the idiotic Iran deal and predicted Trump would get the US into war with North Korea.

If anyone gets us into war with North Korea, it’ll be Dennis Rodman.

The other agreements didn't involve Trump. He'll walk and B-slap Kim before doing what the others did. Then tighten the screws more just for good measure.

Relentless machine. He turns 72 in a few days, he’s never drank alcohol, and he’s reported to only sleep three hours per night.

Earlier:

Last edited:
[ QUOTE="jkosu, post: 1233549, member: 768"]This summit has two possible outcomes:

A) Trump failed
b) Clinton and Obama’s policies worked, they just took time.
The most damaging thing this could do is bolster Kim's status. The North Korean people are totally curt off to outside information sources, all they know is what they are told by the government. The "best" way to stop the threat of the DPRK would be to get rid of Kim and his family, but neither China nor Russia want that, so the only way that would happen would be for him to be overthrown by his own people, but, this summit will now legitimize him, he , I am sure, will tell his people tell his people that the only reason the US is talking to him is because of his brilliance and we are scared of his weapons, and it will just be more proof to his people how great he is[/QUOTE]

If that plays out exactly as you have described how does that change the dynamic between the US and North Korea?

How does it make Kim any more legitimate to his own people? Hell, he enjoys virtual godlike status.

How does this meeting make Kim any more legitimate on the world stage? Are you thinking the countries of Europe or Africa or South America are suddenly going to want relations with North Korea? Because Trump met with Kim one on one?

Personally I don’t see a downside to the meeting. If it leads to a peace treaty between the two Koreas, or reduces or eliminates Kim’s nuclear arsenal, it is a major milestone in bringing peace to a section of earth that has not known it in my lifetime. If the meeting fails nothing will have changed. Kim will continue his bellicose rhetoric while Trump will continue to call him Little Rocket Man. We’ll be where we have been for the last 70 years or so.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

It almost seems like some people want to see failure. They would rather face a potential nuclear war than see Trump have any success whatsoever. That’s just crazy.

Reactions: Headhunter
Seeing those flags together live is like watching Baghdad fall or mcguire’s 62nd home run. Surreal.

The other agreements didn't involve Trump. He'll walk and B-slap Kim before doing what the others did. Then tighten the screws more just for good measure.

Do I get to call you full of shit when nothing happens? lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT