ADVERTISEMENT

Newest Covid Scapegoat.......... tha chrrrRIIIIIIIIIISTIANS!!!!!!

launch

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2003
LOL

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/opinion/coronavirus-trump-evangelicals.html

9e551c59727aeb22e89ef389155bbfce36478514567a30fc9acff6fe13aab24e_1.jpg

"Donald Trump rose to power with the determined assistance of a movement that denies science, bashes government and prioritized loyalty over professional expertise. In the current crisis, we are all reaping what that movement has sown."

Anything specific to argue over in the lede?

Sounds like the lib playbook.

Men can have periods, Trump is a Nazi, It’s her turn.

"Donald Trump rose to power with the determined assistance of a movement that denies science, bashes government and prioritized loyalty over professional expertise. In the current crisis, we are all reaping what that movement has sown."

Lol. And that has what to do with Wuhan Coronavirus?

Since you mention science denying, how many genders are we up to now?

Trump rose to power behind a movement that didn't want to see Hillary Clinton in the White House appointing more liberal judges. Anything further is simple projection.

Oh my, I'm shocked! Nothing new here...bible written a couple thousand years ago says this in general.

Come on, dude.
Serious question - does the Trump base readily accept his take on an issue over and above those who represent the science? If the answer is yes, then to some extent that contributes to the relative lack of early urgent action in responding the crisis. Seems a reasonable topic to discuss.

Serious question - does the Trump base readily accept his take on an issue over and above those who represent the science? If the answer is yes, then to some extent that contributes to the relative lack of early urgent action in responding the crisis. Seems a reasonable topic to discuss.
Now do atheist Europeans.

Last edited:
A hahahaha hahahaha
I see you did your research. Me too.

Where else should we compare spread and rates of religious adoption? Or are you pretty much done with that line of discussion?

To be clear, I am not blaming Christians - don't martyr yourself over that. Rather I am suggesting that Trump gets a wider berth from his base because a reasonable subset are Christians. Not sure why that is controversial.

Did not realize that this was a debate about Chiner.

Not sure how I made that mistake....
Lololololololol

The debate is a ludicrous article published by what is supposed to be a legitimate news source claiming that evangelical Christians here in the US are to blame for this rather than the people who are actually to blame for this.

Try to keep up.

Not if you enjoy comfortable lies targeted at the stupid.

Where else should we compare spread and rates of religious adoption? Or are you pretty much done with that line of discussion?

To be clear, I am not blaming Christians - don't martyr yourself over that. Rather I am suggesting that Trump gets a wider berth from his base because a reasonable subset are Christians. Not sure why that is controversial.
Bahahahahaha haha. Why are we comparing anything? It’s a ridiculous argument and that’s the whole point.

You’re not blaming Christians but yore dying on this hill over an article blaming Christians?

OK

Bahahahahaha haha. Why are we comparing anything? It’s a ridiculous argument and that’s the whole point.

You’re not blaming Christians but yore dying on this hill over an article blaming Christians?

OK
"Dying on this hill" - dramatic aren't we.

I think it is interesting to compare how different cultures, different governing structures, etc will have responded. Not everyone wants to go meta I suppose.

Lololololololol

The debate is a ludicrous article published by what is supposed to be a legitimate news source claiming that evangelical Christians here in the US are to blame for this rather than the people who are actually to blame for this.

Try to keep up.
The Bible speaks clearly about plagues and pestilences. Christians knew this would happen. It's the leftist dark side dwellers who were in the dark.

No, no. Apparently there is a huge evangelical population in China we didn’t know about.
I am sorry, did someone assert the ONLY reason the virus spread was because of Christians? I missed that one. Huh, that seems stupid. Nuanced discussions not your forte, noted.

I don't get the science denier piece. I understand that the Global warming alarmists have labeled anyone who questions global warming with that moniker, but its just proof of that the opinion piece is a talking point and nothing more. The left denies science as much as the right does, just in regards to alternative topics (aka biological gender). I won't argue the bashes government piece. I'm not sorry that all middle America was tired of being lectured to by coastal elitests who think they are superior to anyone who works a blue-collar job. And loyalty over expertise? I disagree. Trump expects both, and expertise without loyalty is a recipe to get fired at any job in America, (even Google).

I don't get the science denier piece. I understand that the Global warming alarmists have labeled anyone who questions global warming with that moniker, but its just proof of that the opinion piece is a talking point and nothing more. The left denies science as much as the right does, just in regards to alternative topics (aka biological gender). I won't argue the bashes government piece. I'm not sorry that all middle America was tired of being lectured to by coastal elitests who think they are superior to anyone who works a blue-collar job. And loyalty over expertise? I disagree. Trump expects both, and expertise without loyalty is a recipe to get fired at any job in America, (even Google).

I personally would not assert that ignorance is exclusive to one sect, one geography, or one political group over another.

My reading of the Opinion Piece wasn't that loyalty over expertise was about who worked where or for whom, but rather who one trusts for advice. As a loyal and true Oklahoma State fan, I won't be relying on HCMG or even the second coming of Mason Rudolph Spencer Sanders for advice on social distancing. Yet there is ample evidence of a certain part of the population taking advice from Tump over Fauci and another that get's their advice from Evangeline Lilly vs. stopping and thinking about the death of Wenliang. That last one was the beginning of my wake up call.

The Bible speaks clearly about plagues and pestilences. Christians knew this would happen. It's the leftist dark side dwellers who were in the dark.
So does the Gita. Imagine that - ancient texts filled with stories of plagues and pestilences.

I personally would not assert that ignorance is exclusive to one sect, one geography, or one political group over another.

My reading of the Opinion Piece wasn't that loyalty over expertise was about who worked where or for whom, but rather who one trusts for advice. As a loyal and true Oklahoma State fan, I won't be relying on HCMG or even the second coming of Mason Rudolph Spencer Sanders for advice on social distancing. Yet there is ample evidence of a certain part of the population taking advice from Tump over Fauci and another that get's their advice from Evangeline Lilly vs. stopping and thinking about the death of Wenliang. That last one was the beginning of my wake up call.

You are speaking to the whole article which I don't claim to have read. I was only arguing the "lede" as you had asked for.

My post simply addressed the 3 bullets from the lede: Denies science, bashes government, and loyalty over expertise.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

You’ve run with every lib fairytale.

Right down to black trans murders.

Every single one.

That’s a pretty wide berth you give.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT