ADVERTISEMENT

Newest Covid Scapegoat.......... tha chrrrRIIIIIIIIIISTIANS!!!!!!

Regale us with your prediction of the number of cases being finite
You really want to get taken to school again? I don't have the time or inclination to keep tutoring you on the math. Especially after the part where you typed 'you are absolutely correct'.

Reactions: launch
I'm sorry, pedantic07. Let me amend my previous post to inlude the definite article.

So, is the climate science as settled as the science of a mammal being alive or dead? Should we make policy based on the climate science or the commentary on the climate science?
lives = the living, alive? I still don't think it works.

What does "settled" mean? The stoichiometry of fossil fuel combustion and heat transfer properties of CO2 are not currently subject to scientific dispute.

Policy should be based on a normative synthesis of sciences and philosophy, which is what the commentary attempts to be.

lives = the living, alive? I still don't think it works.
Lol. Good effort.

Policy should be based on a normative synthesis of sciences and philosophy, which is what the commentary attempts to be.
The climate alarmism tries to be a "normative synthesis of sciences and philosophy?" I'd love to see this word salad explained. Maybe we should examine a few alarmism claims and you can explain how they are attempting to be a "normative synthesis of sciences and philosophy."

You do know that the record shows that a cooler earth is bad for the living (chuckle), right?

What does "settled" mean? The stoichiometry of fossil fuel combustion and heat transfer properties of CO2 are not currently subject to scientific dispute.
Lol.

Reactions: iasooner1
The climate alarmism tries to be a "normative synthesis of sciences and philosophy?" I'd love to see this word salad explained. Maybe we should examine a few alarmism claims and you can explain how they are attempting to be a "normative synthesis of sciences and philosophy."

You do know that the record shows that a cooler earth is bad for the living (chuckle), right?
This would be a good exercise for you. Let's examine the claims.

You really want to get taken to school again? I don't have the time or inclination to keep tutoring you on the math. Especially after the part where you typed 'you are absolutely correct'.
Yes you are absolutely correct that the earth has finite human beings. You are the master of the banal.

Right on. Let's examine the global cooling/ice age alarmism first. How's that alarmist prediction doing? Normal synthesis of sciences and philosophy?

3_2.png

4_1.jpg

5_0.png

8.png

9.png

12.png

Keep retreating into banality
Again, I stopped listening to you right after you said I was absolutely right. Anything else by you is just excuse making and crab walking your ignorant ass back.

Right on. Let's examine the global cooling/ice age alarmism first. How's that alarmist prediction doing? Normal synthesis of sciences and philosophy?

3_2.png

4_1.jpg

5_0.png

8.png

9.png

12.png
1. Is a prediction based on linear trends in population and pollution per population and their first order effects. I would grade this is science only.
2. has a lot of predictions and some normative statements based on those predictions. "The oceans will be dead as lake eerie" is science "and it does need saving" is a normative statement synthesizing this guys failed scientific predictions with a philosophical framework, most likely utilitarianism.
3. I would grade the highlighted part as science only. "it is now urgent to..." is a normative statement synthesizing the science this guy is doing, and varied philosophical frameworks most like utilitarianism and rational empiricism.
4. The highlighted part is a normative synthesis of science (what are anti cyclone and what are their physical effects) and philosophy (their effects are "adverse.")
5. is completely descriptive (science)
6. The highlighted part is a normative synthesis of science (predictions about conditions) and philosophy (comparing conditions using "worsen")

Again, I stopped listening to you right after you said I was absolutely right. Anything else by you is just excuse making and crab walking your ignorant ass back.
Yeah you definitely stopped listening. I can tell. The crab is the guy who walked back all of his statements to the point that the only thing he added to the conversation is "population is finite." Thank you for reminding us.

Yeah you definitely stopped listening. I can tell. The crab is the guy who walked back all of his statements to the point that the only thing he added to the conversation is "population is finite." Thank you for reminding us.
I walked back nothing. You inferred things that were not there. That's on you.

I walked back nothing. You inferred things that were not there. That's on you.
Silly of me that to infer that you said something beyond "we don't have infinite people" I'll know to expect less of you next time.

Silly of me that to infer that you said something beyond "we don't have infinite people" I'll know to expect less of you next time.
If attributing words or meaning I never said makes you feel better then by all means go for it. Doesn't make you right.

If attributing words or meaning I never said makes you feel better then by all means go for it. Doesn't make you right.
"Hey if you thought I had anything worth saying, that's your fault"
Lesson learned. I'll make you be explicit before engaging in the future to prevent this sort of cowardly retreat.

"Hey if you thought I had anything worth saying, that's your fault"
Lesson learned. I'll make you be explicit before engaging in the future to prevent this sort of cowardly retreat.
I wouldn't say your retreat is cowardly. Just a retreat.

1. Is a prediction based on linear trends in population and pollution per population and their first order effects. I would grade this is science only.
2. has a lot of predictions and some normative statements based on those predictions. "The oceans will be dead as lake eerie" is science "and it does need saving" is a normative statement synthesizing this guys failed scientific predictions with a philosophical framework, most likely utilitarianism.
3. I would grade the highlighted part as science only. "it is now urgent to..." is a normative statement synthesizing the science this guy is doing, and varied philosophical frameworks most like utilitarianism and rational empiricism.
4. The highlighted part is a normative synthesis of science (what are anti cyclone and what are their physical effects) and philosophy (their effects are "adverse.")
5. is completely descriptive (science)
6. The highlighted part is a normative synthesis of science (predictions about conditions) and philosophy (comparing conditions using "worsen")
Would you consider any of it to be alarmism? There isn't actually much science presented in those articles. It's mostly commentary on the alleged "science."

I wonder why reality has been so different from the "predictions" based on "science."

Would you consider any of it to be alarmism? There isn't actually much science presented in those articles. It's mostly commentary on the alleged "science."
Lots of testable hypotheses

I wonder why reality has been so different from the "predictions" based on "science."
Its pretty easy to spot why their hypotheses were proven wrong.

Lots of testable hypotheses
Hmmmmmm. Did they fail to test their own hypotheses?

Its pretty easy to spot why their hypotheses were proven wrong.
Why were their hypotheses proven wrong? Have they actually been proven wrong or have their predictions just not happened yet? What's so different in current climate "science" that should assure us that it's reasonably accurate in comparison to previous climate science?

Hmmmmmm. Did they fail to test their own hypotheses?
I would say it got tested pretty well.

Why were their hypotheses proven wrong?
I'd say the thread that runs through all of them is too much extrapolation. Some were wrong only if you ignore the "if we don't change" part of the hypothesis. We have cleaned up particulate pollution and waterway pollution quite a bit. Some where wrong because they focused too much on particulate pollution and left out greenhouse gas pollution.
Have they actually been proven wrong or have their predictions just not happened yet?
One of them still has until 2033 for temperatures to drastically drop, but yes I would say they have all been proven wrong.
[QUOTE="Medic007, post: 1695378, member: 2402"What's so different in current climate "science" that should assure us that it's reasonably accurate in comparison to previous climate science?[/QUOTE]
More of it, more data, less reliance on extrapolation. There is cause for alarm even based on hypotheses that have been tested, when you synthesize that science with a philosophical framework that includes the precautionary principle.

More of it, more data, less reliance on extrapolation. There is cause for alarm even based on hypotheses that have been tested, when you synthesize that science with a philosophical framework that includes the precautionary principle.
Less reliance on extrapolation? By who? Are the current predictions based on actual measurable events that have allowed the creation of precise modeling? Is there some place that has had the climactic calamities that are being predicted with a rise in "global" temperature of 1.5 to 2 degrees Celcius?

Point me to an actual measurable event that proves that a global temperature rise of 1.5 to 2 degrees Celsius will result in the predicted climate calamity.

I'm going to need something that isolates the man-made CO2 variable from all other variables.
Uno momento

QUOTE="MegaPoke, post: 1695708, member: 88"]

@davidallen nothing in this article about science denying.[/QUOTE
But as we’ve already seen, the Left has met this show of community and generosity from their fellow citizens with “REEEEEEEEEE”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT