ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Does anyone know the reason why he left? There was a log-jam, but it looked like Carroll was sitting at the top. I’m pretty high on Merrill. Does anyone know if they were battling in the room? And, when Merrill went 92kg, Carroll saw the writing on the wall?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
This kind of reminds me of Kerk. I think he committed to four different colleges before his freshman season. I hope it all works out for the kid. Any word on where Carroll may end up at? Ohio State has a hole to fill at 197.

I know everyone is in love with Carroll but these talks of him being top 3 this year or competing for a title were never realistic. This is also the same guy who couldn't beat Doucet in the room a few months ago (and a big part of the reason why he was going down to 197)

We will be fine
Disagree. He will be high impact from day one wherever he decides to go. 197 is wide open right now (if Starocci goes to 197 then obviously he’s the favorite) he can beat any of the other top dogs.

Ferrari will be back this year, as well. (IF he stays out of trouble, highly unlikely)

I know everyone is in love with Carroll but these talks of him being top 3 this year or competing for a title were never realistic. This is also the same guy who couldn't beat Doucet in the room a few months ago (and a big part of the reason why he was going down to 197)

We will be fine
Idk anything about top 3 this year but I was very excited for his potential.

Disagree. He will be high impact from day one wherever he decides to go. 197 is wide open right now (if Starocci goes to 197 then obviously he’s the favorite) he can beat any of the other top dogs.
You don't go from losing to Doucet and not being able to score on him to beating everyone in wrestling at 197 except for Starocci IMHO

Reactions: okcpokefan12
You don't go from losing to Doucet and not being able to score on him to beating everyone in wrestling at 197 except for Starocci IMHO
Results in practice, particularly the very beginning of your true freshman year mean nothing. Look at his live competition the last several months. He has been beating multiple time AAs - he can place to 3, if the weight cut isn't too much. He is a big loss. I expect multiple national championships from him.

Does anyone know the reason why he left? There was a log-jam, but it looked like Carroll was sitting at the top. I’m pretty high on Merrill. Does anyone know if they were battling in the room? And, when Merrill went 92kg, Carroll saw the writing on the wall?
It’s a shame that former coaches are leveraging kids’ careers to try to better themselves. Carroll would have excelled at OK State. Hard to make a good decision whenever you are getting pulled in different directions. I still wish him the best of luck.

It’s a shame that former coaches are leveraging kids’ careers to try to better themselves. Carroll would have excelled at OK State. Hard to make a good decision whenever you are getting pulled in different directions. I still wish him the best of luck.
So this is a Coleman Scott act of vengeance?

These guys are trying to get jobs and leveraging recruits that they are close to is one way of bringing value. We are expecting OSU’s guys to do it.

He liked Coleman, but losing Perry really bothered him. Athletes need to do what is best for them. Christian is a great kid and will win wherever he goes.
This was my initial thought. He is very close to Perry and I'm pretty sure his relationship with Perry is the reason Christian flipped to us. All this talk about him breaking the rules DT laid out doesn't seem to fit the character of CC.

Hard to win someone over that didn’t pick you.

DT needs to go get his guys.

We will be fine
Lol really

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT