ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Congrats to Heil. I see on other forums they are clowing his style of wrestling as extremely boring. Well their opinion of his style of wrestling won him two National Championships!!!! Great wrestler!

Has anyone heard anything on Carroll on where he may be transferring to? Has he planned any visits to other schools? Is he still in the OK State wrestling room or working out elsewhere?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Congrats to Heil. I see on other forums they are clowing his style of wrestling as extremely boring. Well their opinion of his style of wrestling won him two National Championships!!!! Great wrestler!

Has anyone heard anything on Carroll on where he may be transferring to? Has he planned any visits to other schools? Is he still in the OK State wrestling room or working out elsewhere?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
125 Osmany
133 Frost
141 AE
149 Paniro (Casey RS)
157 Chittum
165 Euton?
174 Gaitan
184 Naak or Bockman
197 Carroll
Hwt Bastida

That's a tough lineup for ISU. We have to wrestle really well to beat them this year in Big 12 and NCAA.

125 Osmany
133 Frost
141 AE
149 Paniro (Casey RS)
157 Chittum
165 Euton?
174 Gaitan
184 Naak or Bockman
197 Carroll
Hwt Bastida

That's a tough lineup for ISU. We have to wrestle really well to beat them this year in Big 12 and NCAA.
Would Manny Rojas be next in line at 165? He was a top 15 recruit in 2022. He would be a So next year.

In a Nutshell - Why did he decide to leave and why ISU?
I do not think Carroll was ever completely ok with Coleman not getting the job. I am sure that people pounced on that to influence him to leave OK State. I was reading on other boards that Chris Perry will probably end up at Iowa State. And seen on here that Perry and Carroll are close, so it probably had something to do with that when it comes to him picking ISU. Hopefully it works out for them both. I really think with the aspirations that Carroll has though, that DT would have been the one to benefit him the most as far as developing him to get on the podium on the World stage. Good Luck to them both!

Hope Merril devolve and beats Carrol.
Carroll has some competition there at ISU. Do not forget they have Sawyer Bartlett coming in as a true freshman at 197 this year. I believe he was a Top 10 recruit for the class of 24. And then you have HWT Daniel Herrera also an incoming true freshman. I believe he was a two time state champ in California before winning a state title in Iowa his senior year. And I believe he is a big HWT that is extremely athletic. Will be a two sport athlete, also playing football.

Carroll has some competition there at ISU. Do not forget they have Sawyer Bartlett coming in as a true freshman at 197 this year. I believe he was a Top 10 recruit for the class of 24. And then you have HWT Daniel Herrera also an incoming true freshman. I believe he was a two time state champ in California before winning a state title in Iowa his senior year. And I believe he is a big HWT that is extremely athletic. Will be a two sport athlete, also playing football.
Bartelt could end up being 184 too. Depth is always a great thing to have and a major reason Penn state has become the monster they are.

Best thing for the big 12 is to have a good Oklahoma state and Iowa state rivalry. It’s fun having both teams in a spot to compete for trophies again. Add in Mizzou and ASU and Tulsa will be a lot of fun next year. Here’s to hoping a big 12 team can at least challenge PSU or get to a spot where we have multiple top 5 team contenders

I believe they also grabbed Bockman out of the portal so Carroll starting isn't a for sure thing. Regarding Bartelt, watch him wrestle Merrill at who's#1 last year, Cody destroyed him.

I believe they also grabbed Bockman out of the portal so Carroll starting isn't a for sure thing. Regarding Bartelt, watch him wrestle Merrill at who's#1 last year, Cody destroyed him.
Bockman will likely end up at 184 next year. Bartelt will redshirt regardless, but I think he’s a bit small for 197 even though he wrestled 220 in high school. His best weight might be 184

Reactions: DPJ
If true, then I can't imagine Carroll got a ton of NIL. Maybe that was why it took so long to commit to ISU.

I would bet on Carroll starting for the Cyclones.

Um, I like Merrill a whole lot. He’s as good as anyone in the country. I don’t think there is much of a drop off with him
Probably, I still wonder any way Merrill got the best of him once and Carroll said maybe I should listen to this Perry fella?

Reactions: tom_v31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT