ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Happy for AA and hope UNCO @JAY45 😏 found some money for him.

I kinda also get the feeling maybe no one, including Iowa, offered what he was looking for. Just a feeling.

• Haha
Reactions: JAY45
My guess is he has Spratley, Hamiti, Plott, Hendrickson as our AAs which I think is fair and exactly who I have penciled in as AA.

I also have basically every one else at Blood round though. So just need those to break the right way. Will really come down to seeding and avoiding the 13-16 seed as the top 4 weights are all but locks in second round.

Man, it’s gonna be a long off season. Thank goodness we have a few freestyle events to get us by.

Reactions: tom_v31 and JAY45
My guess is he has Spratley, Hamiti, Plott, Hendrickson as our AAs which I think is fair and exactly who I have penciled in as AA.

I also have basically every one else at Blood round though. So just need those to break the right way. Will really come down to seeding and avoiding the 13-16 seed as the top 4 weights are all but locks in second round.

Man, it’s gonna be a long off season. Thank goodness we have a few freestyle events to get us by.
I'd add Carroll in there too as an AA. He may be a true frosh but he "looks" like someone who can break out early in his career. Also he has DT to practice with, and let's not forget that Dake may be in the wings after August.

Reactions: tom_v31 and JAY45
For Carroll, I can see him beating few top wrestlers in duels. But for championships (Big 12 and NCAA) conditioning is really important if he is going to cut to 197. I can see him struggle in tournaments because of his cuts. I want us to follow PSU plan for Carroll, only make him wrestle the minimum number needed to make the NCAA and rest him(Use Merrill or Surber for rest) Keep him fresh for NCAAs

Also there is a chance AJ Ferrari suits up for Iowa in 197 right? if yes, I wouldn't chalk up a win for 197 against Iowa just yet.

For Carroll, I can see him beating few top wrestlers in duels. But for championships (Big 12 and NCAA) conditioning is really important if he is going to cut to 197. I can see him struggle in tournaments because of his cuts. I want us to follow PSU plan for Carroll, only make him wrestle the minimum number needed to make the NCAA and rest him(Use Merrill or Surber for rest) Keep him fresh for NCAAs

Also there is a chance AJ Ferrari suits up for Iowa in 197 right? if yes, I wouldn't chalk up a win for 197 against Iowa just yet.

i think the weight cut for carrol is retooling his body not sucking the life out of it

I would consider AJ a cancer by the end of the season. I hope they insert him. All they wanted him for was the soldier solute and he made a total Arse out of himself

I agree with Surber or Robb wrestling some at 197 but Merrill will be trying to make his weight as a HWT as good as possible. Apparently, he will never be close to 197 again.

i think the weight cut for carrol is retooling his body not sucking the life out of it
Agreed. He spent the last two years or so building his body into a light heavyweight and now he is spending a year basically getting down to a 197. It’s not an overnight cut and with his height and the right plan 197 shouldn’t be a daily grind for him from what I’ve been told.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Well Anthony sure thinks he will be there this year and AJ is repping Iowa a lot and if they get him in the room I doubt he doesn’t wrestle.
How desperate do you have to be as a coach to allow that into your room. If AJ implodes, which is probably >50%, it will destroy Brands' legacy. It's insane that any coach would want that type of person in their room. After SS, he had at least another incident before the end of March.

That will be one of the biggest changes to the team. Nutrition and recovery. If these guys buy in they will make huge gains in that area and perform at top level.

Last edited:
How desperate do you have to be as a coach to allow that into your room. If AJ implodes, which is probably >50%, it will destroy Brands' legacy. It's insane that any coach would want that type of person in their room. After SS, he had at least another incident before the end of March.
I would say it’s almost certain he will have an implosion. Iowa wrestling is good but it is limping along by throwing a ton of cash at it. It wreaks of despair. That’s probably why all the “fans” on their wrestling forum are a bunch screaming, whining babies. Even their boosters are a-holes and it is endemic. 💩

Willie's 4 AAs for the Pokes are Fish, Hamiti, Plott and Hendrickson.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
See Zain Rutherford this year. Dropped a ton of weight and was still able to wrestle effectively 8-9 times over two days in Turkey.
Zain took off 7.5% of his body weight 70kg ---> 65kg. If CC can take off 7.5% and be just as effective, he would go from 97kg ---> 199 pounds. I think he can safely get to 197 and maintain his capabilities. It took Zain four months to lose all that weight and wrestle OTT and Last Chance successfully. CC will have six months to get there by start of season and 10 months to tournament time.

Curious to see where Barraclough ends up. You’d think DT would be able to grab him if he wanted him, and would seem to make more sense if they were pursuing a 165.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT