ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Hot take: Wyatt talked about how important food was on the podcast before he announced and honestly had me worried about Stillwater. Not saying there isn’t good food or that I don’t miss certain places but it is not a “great” food town.
Hopefully he fell in love with the training table then.

Hot take: Wyatt talked about how important food was on the podcast before he announced and honestly had me worried about Stillwater. Not saying there isn’t good food or that I don’t miss certain places but it is not a “great” food town.
I think I disagree. Stillwater food changes but there have always been great places.

Besides… he was talking about the training table.

I know OSU wasn’t getting on board with anything close to the money that Alirez wanted or other schools were offering. DT is serious about getting guys that WANT to be a Cowboy. I’d be surprised if we get him but if we do it’ll mean he chose OSU over just getting paid.
Yeah I was told the same exact thing. If he chose here it wouldn’t be because of money. Interesting to find out today.

Reactions: chasepollard
I know OSU wasn’t getting on board with anything close to the money that Alirez wanted or other schools were offering. DT is serious about getting guys that WANT to be a Cowboy. I’d be surprised if we get him but if we do it’ll mean he chose OSU over just getting paid.
At least up front. If what we’re hearing is correct we may be offering more money (just not guaranteed or upfront)

Reactions: TheJimReaper
A guy could live off of Hideaway. 🍕
I’m not taking a shot at Hideaway, Bad Brads or Joes, but part of the problem with Stillwater is that people think of those places as the Stillwater food scene. Those places are fun on games days and they have some good stuff, but there are really good places in town that aren’t near as talked about. Some of the best of them have closed over the years but there is always something new.

You watch your mouth!

I am sad that the Dairy Barn is not available too, but dang, what did you eat in college?

-Kyoto is yummy!
-Coney, I mean really, you can't beat that place for good...healthy, well, that's another discussion.
-Dragon's Lair, one tasty burger!
-The HRAD restaurant?
-The House of Greek!

and yes, the Training table is wonderful!

I completely agree. What I don’t want is a team full of mercenaries, that only cares about getting paid.

You watch your mouth!

I am sad that the Dairy Barn is not available too, but dang, what did you eat in college?

-Kyoto is yummy!
-Coney, I mean really, you can't beat that place for good...healthy, well, that's another discussion.
-Dragon's Lair, one tasty burger!
-The HRAD restaurant?
-The House of Greek!

and yes, the Training table is wonderful!

The old Dairy barn will be gone forever…..However….a new Dairy Bar will be on the first floor of the new Ferguson College of Agriculture building. Opening soon!

I've yet to be to a college town where, outside of a handful of places which most are more well known for nostalgia reasons, where the food is great.

Thankfully WH was talking about our athletes training table, which I hear is outstanding.

I'm telling you, the attitude and expectations are changing. No clue if that means better wrestling (I suspect it will) but things are going to be different. On paper we have some talent on the roster; we are now going to find out if it's just paper talent or if there's something else there. The season can't get here soon enough.

I completely agree. What I don’t want is a team full of mercenaries, that only cares about getting paid.
I think we are separating into a few different camps on this issue.

Both camps aren't wrong. #1 We are putting great packages together for guys that transcend a big pay day. #2 We aren't taking a Jerry McGuire.

I think the great NIL schools are doing it similar. So, when you hear 500k, you are talking about school, grad school, rtc jobs, jobs after competition and smaller up-front checks with possible alignment to people that pay for marketing/advertising. I am curious about investment type stuff with this.

Unless its Iowa, those meatballs are throwing money.

The old Dairy barn will be gone forever…..However….a new Dairy Bar will be on the first floor of the new Ferguson College of Agriculture building. Opening soon!

Things just keep getting better!

This is what actually got Hendrickson to pick us. If DT and crew know what's good for them, they will use this sucker right here in recruiting!

I’m no accountant but I once took a large sign on bonus that honestly ended up screwing me the next year. Hindsight I should’ve just asked for higher salary. Was early in my career though. Lesson learned. Would think these packages are way better for the athlete over the long term.

Reactions: chasepollard
I've yet to be to a college town where, outside of a handful of places which most are more well known for nostalgia reasons, where the food is great.

Thankfully WH was talking about our athletes training table, which I hear is outstanding.

I'm telling you, the attitude and expectations are changing. No clue if that means better wrestling (I suspect it will) but things are going to be different. On paper we have some talent on the roster; we are now going to find out if it's just paper talent or if there's something else there. The season can't get here soon enough.
Again, it's not nostalgia, it is facts! OSU HRAD is like the Harvard of HRAD.

RE to the bold: We don't have any paper champions. The only time our guys refer to paper is after need to wipe their mouth after they chew up their opponent!

• Haha
Reactions: Chasingthirty-five
I think we are separating into a few different camps on this issue.

Both camps aren't wrong. #1 We are putting great packages together for guys that transcend a big pay day. #2 We aren't taking a Jerry McGuire.

I think the great NIL schools are doing it similar. So, when you hear 500k, you are talking about school, grad school, rtc jobs, jobs after competition and smaller up-front checks with possible alignment to people that pay for marketing/advertising. I am curious about investment type stuff with this.

Unless its Iowa, those meatballs are throwing money.
For sure about the first point.
Second point, how can someone do it so wrong? Willie said on one of the threads that Iowa had the cash but the problem as mis appropriation of cash, which would mean a misuse of those funds. Misappropriation implies illegal transactions, but I don’t think that was the intended use of the word. I’m not against them building a $55million facility, specially one that looks like a huge mortuary, but there are probably better ways to spend that $75 million

Second point, how can someone do it so wrong? Willie said on one of the threads that Iowa had the cash but the problem as mis appropriation of cash, which would mean a misuse of those funds. Misappropriation implies illegal transactions, but I don’t think that was the intended use of the word. I’m not against them building a $55million facility, specially one that looks like a huge mortuary, but there are probably better ways to spend that $75 million
I mean who would spend $85 million on a huge cast iron igloo. I could think of many better places to spend $95 million

Without actually touring their bomb shelter, I won't make fun of it. I've only seen the "big" room in video...which does make me a little claustrophobic.

I think Willie is referring to what most people think happens when a school gets a kid through the portal with NIL money. Iowa gives them one of those big carboard checks with a big number on it. The schools doing it right (in most opinions) are putting together a package, like an employment offer for us not athletic enough professionals.
Again, it seems unwise to not travel down the investment path with these deals and you could see some huge numbers. Give me a supremely healthy 25 year old with a 100k annuity that gets money added to it yearly, used to fund an IUL and after 15 or so years they can have 10k/month tax free for a long time!

Reactions: bwel9339
Without actually touring their bomb shelter, I won't make fun of it. I've only seen the "big" room in video...which does make me a little claustrophobic.

I think Willie is referring to what most people think happens when a school gets a kid through the portal with NIL money. Iowa gives them one of those big carboard checks with a big number on it. The schools doing it right (in most opinions) are putting together a package, like an employment offer for us not athletic enough professionals.
Again, it seems unwise to not travel down the investment path with these deals and you could see some huge numbers. Give me a supremely healthy 25 year old with a 100k annuity that gets money added to it yearly, used to fund an IUL and after 15 or so years they can have 10k/month tax free for a long time!
Hey, Batman did well in the bat cave. I’m sure, when you get into the wrestling room and look up, you would get used to seeing only black and hearing the eerie screeches of bats

I think I may begin every single post from henceforth with “Not to derail the thread”…
😆🤣

Another thing with Alirez, there is an RTC deal to factor in here as well…all of the $ is not simply NIL, but what he could make as a Sr. Level guy…

Not to derail the thread 😊

I think I may begin every single post from henceforth with “Not to derail the thread”…
😆🤣

Another thing with Alirez, there is an RTC deal to factor in here as well…all of the $ is not simply NIL, but what he could make as a Sr. Level guy…

Not to derail the thread 😊
Derail away

Alirez is staying home. Just announced.
I wonder what kind of Jack they shelled out?
Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I think this is better for wrestling. Essentially renting a champion for a year wasn't going to change anything for us next year. Sure it would be nice to have another 20+ points, which would likely secure 2nd place for us but finishing 2nd place next year isn't the goal.

Go be a legend at UNC. Good for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT