ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Iowa would not shock me as they will pay more for a National Champion. For us, it will put a likely Redshirt AA freshman out of the lineup and maybe off the team for a one year lift when we will not compete for the national championship. If it is a bidding war, my gut feeling is DT would let him go. We should save our money for Bo Basset, Jax Forest, and Dee. That is the nucleus of a national champion team.
Alirez has a lot of value for senior level competition. He’s the most valuable senior level guy available right now with the exception of Gable, who will be the highest paid RTC wrestler anywhere if he chooses to wrestle senior level.

Reactions: JAY45 and tom_v31
Here's what I got from the podcast, hope it's accurate:

Where are you going?
After praying, one place stood out to me, what a great opportunity if DT could be my coach, I'm going to Oklahoma State

Will you have to set out any?
No, will wrestle full schedule

Just one year or two years for Masters, stay in RTC or WTAP?
First year is just college
2nd year in WTAP and can choose where I want to train
Might eventually go back to Colorado Springs at one point
But to start will stay at OKState to train
and make it my home for a little bit which will count as service

He said; I’m excited, the future is looking bright for Oklahoma (State)

You’re buddies with Christian Carrol, can he make 197?
Yes, he’s doing it the right way
He will lose some muscle mass but will be a powerhouse at 197
It will be a game changer

Did the OKState coaching change make it better or worse for you?
Shocking at first, had a good relationship with old staff
It’s good their keeping Caldwell
DT was for the better, he (and Dake) motivated him to wrestle
But he still thought on all three choices’

Alirez has a lot of value for senior level competition. He’s the most valuable senior level guy available right now with the exception of Gable, who will be the highest paid RTC wrestler anywhere if he chooses to wrestle senior level.
Agree he has a ton of RTC value. Follow up thought though, how do you lock him in or guarantee you keep him at the RTC though. If you’re going to pay him now for the potential value he would bring for X amount of years at RTC is there a contract or something or you just hope he sticks around?

Iowa would not shock me as they will pay more for a National Champion. For us, it will put a likely Redshirt AA freshman out of the lineup and maybe off the team for a one year lift when we will not compete for the national championship. If it is a bidding war, my gut feeling is DT would let him go. We should save our money for Bo Basset, Jax Forest, and Dee. That is the nucleus of a national champion team.
I would agree with you. Our recruiting has been on a roll and those young guns, not to steal a trade mark, have shown they can compete with the best. DT will make an offer, but it will be one he could refuse. Got to build for the future.

Here's what I got from the podcast, hope it's accurate:

Where are you going?
After praying, one place stood out to me, what a great opportunity if DT could be my coach, I'm going to Oklahoma State

Will you have to set out any?
No, will wrestle full schedule

Just one year or two years for Masters, stay in RTC or WTAP?
First year is just college
2nd year in WTAP and can choose where I want to train
Might eventually go back to Colorado Springs at one point
But to start will stay at OKState to train
and make it my home for a little bit which will count as service

He said; I’m excited, the future is looking bright for Oklahoma (State)

You’re buddies with Christian Carrol, can he make 197?
Yes, he’s doing it the right way
He will lose some muscle mass but will be a powerhouse at 197
It will be a game changer

Did the OKState coaching change make it better or worse for you?
Shocking at first, had a good relationship with old staff
It’s good their keeping Caldwell
DT was for the better, he (and Dake) motivated him to wrestle
But he still thought on all three choices’
Nice

Agree he has a ton of RTC value. Follow up thought though, how do you lock him in or guarantee you keep him at the RTC though. If you’re going to pay him now for the potential value he would bring for X amount of years at RTC is there a contract or something or you just hope he sticks around?
I know when Spencer finished his senior season at Iowa he signed a contract with the HWC through 2028 Olympic season. I would think it would be along the same lines, he gets x amount for the college season and when that’s done he will sign with an RTC for an Olympic cycle making x per year to train there.

Ya and if what @chasepollard said is true about DT not getting out of hand with an offer to Wyatt I assume he would do the same here.
I think the situations are different. Alirez is world team talent level and is in that top tier of wrestlers at 65. Recruits like seeing you put guys on the world and Olympic team. Wyatt is a great wrestler, but 125 is very deep and if Gable returns likely will be in the tier 3 of senior level heavyweights.

I think the situations are different. Alirez is world team talent level and is in that top tier of wrestlers at 65. Recruits like seeing you put guys on the world and Olympic team. Wyatt is a great wrestler, but 125 is very deep and if Gable returns likely will be in the tier 3 of senior level heavyweights.
You think kerkvliet isn’t on the same tier as Gable? I think he is and that would put Wyatt on tier two. I can’t see anyway gable doesn’t come back this year and wrestle for Minnesota. They would pay insane cash to keep him there.

Just to clarify, you’re saying he would not match what they offered?
Yeah, he doesn’t want guys like Plott feeling slighted…among others.

He also wants guys that LOVE Wrestling and want to be at OSU.

So yes, I don’t think we paid him a ton upfront. I believe we gave him a long term plan to execute and maximize his earnings through the avenues available through OSU.

You think kerkvliet isn’t on the same tier as Gable? I think he is and that would put Wyatt on tier two. I can’t see anyway gable doesn’t come back this year and wrestle for Minnesota. They would pay insane cash to keep him there.
Gable is in his own tier, he came out of retirement just to wrestle for fun and dominated Mason. Mason is by himself in a tier below Gable. Tier 3 is where I would put the rest of the hvys. Kerk lost to Gwiz who lost to Zillmer who then got dominated by Mason. I expected better out of Kerk but no way is he in Gables tier.

Yeah, he doesn’t want guys like Plott feeling slighted…among others.

He also wants guys that LOVE Wrestling and want to be at OSU.

So yes, I don’t think we paid him a ton upfront. I believe we gave him a long term plan to execute and maximize his earnings through the avenues available through OSU.
Sounds about right. That's how PSU deals with their NIL. You get the money AFTER reaching incentives.

A much better way to keep the motivation. Woods basically checked out after his first year and the bag he received.

Gable is in his own tier, he came out of retirement just to wrestle for fun and dominated Mason. Mason is by himself in a tier below Gable. Tier 3 is where I would put the rest of the hvys. Kerk lost to Gwiz who lost to Zillmer who then got dominated by Mason. I expected better out of Kerk but no way is he in Gables tier.
Well, you make a very solid point by association. I can’t argue with that👍🏻

GK couldn't beat Parris and Parris isn't on Gable's level.

GK couldn't beat Parris and Parris isn't on Gable's level.
I tried to look, is Parris wrestling next year? If so, that would put Wyatt a little lower on the the rungs. Valid points. The part that does give me pause is Kerk does matchup well vs Gable, also, who knows what form Gable will be next year and GK has been competing consistently. Just saying, put your fangs away.

Gable is Tier 1, everybody else is 2 and down.

The only way to beat Gable is with a bat, while he sleeps.

Reactions: AtownPoke
Sounds about right. That's how PSU deals with their NIL. You get the money AFTER reaching incentives.

A much better way to keep the motivation. Woods basically checked out after his first year and the bag he received.
I don't think it is a pay for performance type situation. More of a do the things your supposed to do, stay with the Program and you'll see X after X time.

I am not sure there isn't investment type stuff going on with these opportunities, or not?

I don't think it is a pay for performance type situation. More of a do the things your supposed to do, stay with the Program and you'll see X after X time.

I am not sure there isn't investment type stuff going on with these opportunities, or not?
Honestly, no idea there. I just know that PSU does it in a way where they don't just get everything up front. Which is a far better way of doing business/keeping athletes motivated.

So not surprising to me that DT is doing the same.

So with the addition of WH let take a look at what next year's nationals team points compared to this years might look like.

Had 56 points last year and right now on the roster we have 49.5 points projected returning in the starting lineup. Key questions will be, what do CC and CH bring at 197 and 133 respectively. I think both based on what we've seen would be projected to be AA's. On the low side that's another 18 points so that gets us to 67.5 points. Then what happens with DH, does he got to 174 like many are projecting? If so does he make it back to AA status again like he's done previously? At 165 I think he'd be predicted as a Top 3 guy but maybe he feels like he's out grown the weight. That leaves Fish at 165.

I'd lump Fish in with guys like TS, TJ, JW, and TT. Can any of them make any type of jump in level under the new staff. Also where does a guy like CY fit in? Plenty of competition around 141-149, hope it's an iron sharpens iron situation. I can see a guy like JW really benefiting from the change if he can improve his cardio; they guy can score in bunches but then tires out.

Although I think CC is the starter at 197, I always find it hard to bet against the grit of LS. Maybe an actual RS year for him to heal up would be good.

Hopefully we do something around HC this year to draw some extra eyes to the program. Maybe let Fix and Gillman scrap. Heaven knows that would be more entertaining than watching out basketball team miss 3 pointers (historically, maybe this changes with Lutz).

Reactions: AtownPoke
So with the addition of WH let take a look at what next year's nationals team points compared to this years might look like.

Had 56 points last year and right now on the roster we have 49.5 points projected returning in the starting lineup. Key questions will be, what do CC and CH bring at 197 and 133 respectively. I think both based on what we've seen would be projected to be AA's. On the low side that's another 18 points so that gets us to 67.5 points. Then what happens with DH, does he got to 174 like many are projecting? If so does he make it back to AA status again like he's done previously? At 165 I think he'd be predicted as a Top 3 guy but maybe he feels like he's out grown the weight. That leaves Fish at 165.

I'd lump Fish in with guys like TS, TJ, JW, and TT. Can any of them make any type of jump in level under the new staff. Also where does a guy like CY fit in? Plenty of competition around 141-149, hope it's an iron sharpens iron situation. I can see a guy like JW really benefiting from the change if he can improve his cardio; they guy can score in bunches but then tires out.

Although I think CC is the starter at 197, I always find it hard to bet against the grit of LS. Maybe an actual RS year for him to heal up would be good.

Hopefully we do something around HC this year to draw some extra eyes to the program. Maybe let Fix and Gillman scrap. Heaven knows that would be more entertaining than watching out basketball team miss 3 pointers (historically, maybe this changes with Lutz).
Nice take. I feel our ceiling is very high for next year. I will be very interested to see how the new coaching staff can develop this talent. Obviously, next year we have to give the team a bit of grace, but I could see them doing pretty well.

Earlier today it seemed like Alirez was out of reach for you Oklahoma State boys, but Iowa's big gun booster (Bob Nicolls, aka Slumlord Bob) had a meltdown on the Iowa board earlier this afternoon which seems weird if good news was coming. I don't know anything except that he had a meltdown on poster vhsalum no less. It isn't something I would expect if Alirez was about to deliver good news. We shall see.

Or Slumlord Bob is doing a head fake. It just seems odd, especially since vhsalum was talking about Alirez going to Iowa. Why beat a guy up talking up a great pickup for your program?

Last edited:
Earlier today it seemed like Alirez was out of reach for you Oklahoma State boys, but Iowa's big gun booster (Bob Nicolls, aka Slumlord Bob) had a meltdown on the Iowa board earlier this afternoon which seems weird if good news was coming. I don't know anything except that he had a meltdown on poster vhsalum no less. It isn't something I would expect if Alirez was about to deliver good news. We shall see.
I saw that

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Willie the brain
Here is the post:

V

You need to take a deep breath and stop typing as you've got diarrhea of the fingers. The misinformation you're spewing to HR has soiled your fly badly. Just because you were in a bar last night and heard a guy at the next table say he heard from some other guy on the street that whatever is happening, is not news.

From reporting that Beth talked to DT about coming to Iowa (which never happened), to unjust criticism of the new Facility, to listing former wrestlers with NIL contracts, to AA "news", to the above email...all of which are false, makes you look like the boy crying "Wolf".

Being a Social Climber does not make you and "Insider", it makes you a fool. I have no doubt that you'll keep posting BS, however I advise all here to: discount whatever is typed heavily, then divide that in half, then multiply the remainder by 50% and then be skeptical of what remains.

I came out of retirement to post this and will exit back into retirement after having performed this public service.

My advice is pick up a pillow case, learn to yodel, and go on a long snipe hunt.”

Ouch

Here is the post:

V

You need to take a deep breath and stop typing as you've got diarrhea of the fingers. The misinformation you're spewing to HR has soiled your fly badly. Just because you were in a bar last night and heard a guy at the next table say he heard from some other guy on the street that whatever is happening, is not news.

From reporting that Beth talked to DT about coming to Iowa (which never happened), to unjust criticism of the new Facility, to listing former wrestlers with NIL contracts, to AA "news", to the above email...all of which are false, makes you look like the boy crying "Wolf".

Being a Social Climber does not make you and "Insider", it makes you a fool. I have no doubt that you'll keep posting BS, however I advise all here to: discount whatever is typed heavily, then divide that in half, then multiply the remainder by 50% and then be skeptical of what remains.

I came out of retirement to post this and will exit back into retirement after having performed this public service.

My advice is pick up a pillow case, learn to yodel, and go on a long snipe hunt.”

Ouch
Iowa wrestling's biggest donor has just challenged vhsalum to a showdown at the opening ceremony of Iowa's new room. Can't make this ish up. Doesn't sound like a very good day for Iowa. Usually when I'm having a good day, like a day when PSU gets a prize recruit, I'm relaxing so well that a nuclear bomb can't destroy the mood. Something is amiss.

Iowa wrestling's biggest donor has just challenged vhsalum to a showdown at the opening ceremony of Iowa's new room. Can't make this ish up. Doesn't sound like a very good day for Iowa. Usually when I'm having a good day, like a day when PSU gets a prize recruit, I'm relaxing so well that a nuclear bomb can't destroy the mood. Something is amiss.
Where there is smoke, there is 🔥

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Get your popcorn ready!!!! haha

Haven't seen the slumlord post in a long time, that guy is a real piece of work. Glad he's back in the cesspool over there it makes for some good entertainment.

Haven't seen the slumlord post in a long time, that guy is a real piece of work. Glad he's back in the cesspool over there it makes for some good entertainment.
Word was that Iowa told him to lay off the forums. He is on the far edge of acceptable posts. Posts that would get us banned on other forums. The guy is a true scumbag. It's why we call him Slumlord Bob. I'd be uneasy if he was my benefactor. I just told the Iowa fans that he is a narcissist. The usual suspects with heads in sand are screaming at clouds.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT