ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Word was that Iowa told him to lay off the forums. He is on the far edge of acceptable posts. Posts that would get us banned on other forums. The guy is a true scumbag. It's why we call him Slumlord Bob. I'd be uneasy if he was my benefactor. I just told the Iowa fans that he is a narcissist. The usual suspects with heads in sand are screaming at clouds.

giphy.gif
Does he usually know what he’s talking about when he gives out info?

Don’t get the “how do you turn down money” posts. Alirez like Wyatt wants a place to finish his schooling and train senior level. Maybe that’s osu. Yes money is a part of it but it’s only one part.
All that Iowa has left to give portal guys is money. They don't have an RTC to speak of or team success to show recruits. All they have is NIL. Of course your enlightened view is panned. Who turns down money? They have been saying that for years now. "Why would a recruit go to PSU for .5 scholly when we offered them a full ride?" Because maybe PSU offers better opportunity? Wyatt chose OSU for that reason.

All that Iowa has left to give portal guys is money. They don't have an RTC to speak of or team success to show recruits. All they have is NIL. Of course your enlightened view is panned. Who turns down money? They have been saying that for years now. "Why would a recruit go to PSU for .5 scholly when we offered them a full ride?" Because maybe PSU offers better opportunity? Wyatt chose OSU for that reason.
You just listen to the coaches, donors, Hawkeye forum frequenters, fans, etc., who would want that crappy culture.
Banjo Deliverance GIF

Reactions: Pennstate1985
You just listen to the coaches, donors, Hawkeye forum frequenters, fans, etc., who would want that crappy culture.
Banjo Deliverance GIF
It doesn’t make sense to me. Iowans are an extremely nice and friendly bunch from my experience with relatives and transplants. And they have a great wrestling tradition, plus the last non PSU team to win nattys. When Brands bros are gone I bet the fan base calms down a bit (minus the small handful of fans that enjoy being mad). Hard to imagine a pricklier coaching duo.

It doesn’t make sense to me. Iowans are an extremely nice and friendly bunch from my experience with relatives and transplants. And they have a great wrestling tradition, plus the last non PSU team to win nattys. When Brands bros are gone I bet the fan base calms down a bit (minus the small handful of fans that enjoy being mad). Hard to imagine a pricklier coaching duo.
This forum was pretty sceptic a while back. People can be idiots when they are hiding behind screens and a keyboard.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I have always found people from Iowa to be very nice. And I have always found wrestling fans to be very nice. These PSU fans are great while everything is going their way. But let them go a few years without a trophy, and they will make Iowa fans look like angels.

• Haha
Reactions: tom_v31
The sky’s the limit for Alirez right now. He’s made the top of podiums without the benefit of what most would rate as top training organizations. That means he has the personal talent and initiative to have a John Smith or David Taylor like career, himself. I’ll be surprised if he passes the chance to be a part of this new phase.

Momentum is a helluva a thing. This is not an ordinary situation that’s happening right now. It will become more and more evident over time, people want to be swept up in what is going on. The paradigm has been massively shifted.

Hot take: Wyatt talked about how important food was on the podcast before he announced and honestly had me worried about Stillwater. Not saying there isn’t good food or that I don’t miss certain places but it is not a “great” food town.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT