ADVERTISEMENT

National Debt Hits 30 Trillion

With all due respect blaming politicians is a cop out. We the voters accept, even demand, tax cuts without spending cuts. We also accept, even demand, new benefits without new taxes.

If you believe the deficit matters, then you most likely are a hypocrite.
I've been pro-spending cuts for a long time. Probably more so than I am pro-tax cuts.

With all due respect blaming politicians is a cop out. We the voters accept, even demand, tax cuts without spending cuts. We also accept, even demand, new benefits without new taxes.

If you believe the deficit matters, then you most likely are a hypocrite.
Libertarian’s don’t so keep us out ya mouth.

We differ on this one - we don't need taxed - and for sure if we are it won't go where it's supposed to go-
It just won't- Govt Get their teeth in it and it's corrupted.

Only reason WTP ever agreed to the taxing is bc of the war when they proposed it and never took the taxes back.

Again what could We do wirh 50 percent of
Our salary instead of giving it to the govt with property taxes, sales,
Income taxes, death taxes, fuel Taxes,Auto taxes, Title taxes, I pay taxes on my office furniture for Gods sake.

Community takes
Care of welfare, no govt retirement
Paid from our taxes so term
Limits

IMO we've been brainwashed to think this govt theft is
Which is exactly why I am adamantly against raising taxes on anyone and support tax cuts.

Reactions: Corndog2021
Go big or go
Home- no more
Taxes- we
Save trillions
Ending welfare and letting Churches and communities help the needy, take our turns being reps and meeting up a few times a year getting paid per diems, no bureaucrat retirements, privatize what we can, school choice, end the noose we have around our necks from good ole Uncle Sam traitor

Taxes are Unlawful-
Period- we've been totally brainwashed

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
Because Washington DC likes to over spend.
Agreed. And I’m not jazzed up about wasting money sending troops to Eastern Europe.

That said, taxes have to rise - starting with the big corporations that didn’t pay a dime this year, and billionaires. It just has to happen, period.

Agreed. And I’m not jazzed up about wasting money sending troops to Eastern Europe.

That said, taxes have to rise - starting with the big corporations that didn’t pay a dime this year, and billionaires. It just has to happen, period.
Not to call you a moron, but if a company didn't pay taxes this year, how does upping the corporate tax rate change that? If you said, well they only paid 28% and not 38%, then you'd have an argument. But, as usual, your team's solutions don't seem to fit the actual problems described.

We already lost in Ukraine, I agree. I would prefer instead of taxing the "rich" is to provide investment incentives in people and capital to avoid taxes. I believe in business incentives, not for reasons for businesses to leave the US. I think businesses can better create economic opportunity than the US government.

I am not jealous of billionaires, I want their investment in the markets because it raises all boats. Taxing unrealized gains as suggested by Dims is STUPID. I am more concerned with billionaires and large companies engaging in lies to enrich themselves, it is immoral.

Last edited:
Again what could We do wirh 50 percent of
Our salary instead of giving it to the govt with property taxes, sales,
Income taxes, death taxes, fuel Taxes,Auto taxes, Title taxes, I pay taxes on my office furniture for Gods sake.
I'd be willing to go double or nothing on your truck and your boat that you don't pay more than 28% of your gross annual income in total taxes (federal, state, and local).

Not to call you a moron, but if a company didn't pay taxes this year, how does upping the corporate tax rate change that? If you said, well they only paid 28% and not 38%, then you'd have an argument. But, as usual, your team's solutions don't seem to fit the actual problems described.
Have you ever signed on the line on a business return? Serious question because this response ignores the mechanics of how business taxes are calculated. As much as rates could use some alignment to global standards, the goofy loopholes must be addressed as well.

I'd be willing to go double or nothing on your truck and your boat that you don't pay more than 28% of your gross annual income in total taxes (federal, state, and local).
There's sales tax, capital gains, auto registration, boat registration, fuel tax et al dildo- they all add up to a ton- glad you are taking up for big government- it's all you Libturds do anymore

Where do you think our taxation and spending rank globally? Are we in the top quartile in terms of total taxation as a percentage of GDP? Top half?
Why do love government taxes- must mean you don't earn any money and live off of us workers- which is mainly all you libtards

Well, there's a lie. Corporate tax revenue set a record in fiscal year 2021.

Just in case you need a leftist source

Well, there's a lie. Corporate tax revenue set a record in fiscal year 2021.

Just in case you need a leftist source
Congrats you found the numerator. Want to take a stab at a denominator?

Corporations don't pay taxes. I pay corporate taxes for companies with whom I choose to do business.

Should the first English speaking country with a metric currency lose world reserve currency status, we're Greece.

Corporations don't pay taxes. I pay corporate taxes for companies with whom I choose to do business.

Should the first English speaking country with a metric currency lose world reserve currency status, we're Greece.

I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about this. Corporations make money by selling a product or service to the public. Raise tax rates and the price of goods and services go up to cover the cost of the additional taxes. Same with raising wages, raise the cost of labor, the price of goods and services go up to cover the additional expense. How does raising the price of goods and services help the poor and middleclass?
All raising taxes does with the corruption we have allowed to infest Washington is redistribute wealth to those that are politically connected. Why do you think the wealthy are the ones that always prosper and the poor and the middleclass struggle?

I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about this. Corporations make money by selling a product or service to the public. Raise tax rates and the price of goods and services go up to cover the cost of the additional taxes. Same with raising wages, raise the cost of labor, the price of goods and services go up to cover the additional expense. How does raising the price of goods and services help the poor and middleclass?
All raising taxes does with the corruption we have allowed to infest Washington is redistribute wealth to those that are politically connected. Why do you think the wealthy are the ones that always prosper and the poor and the middleclass struggle?
Spot on

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian

You are confusing who pays taxes with the incidence of the tax. Not very Mensa like.

Japanese yen doesn't have "world reserve currency status" their debt to GDP is roughly double ours and yet they aren't Greece. Do they cover the difference between sovereign currency and currency unions on the M test?

Reactions: davidallen
I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about this. Corporations make money by selling a product or service to the public. Raise tax rates and the price of goods and services go up to cover the cost of the additional taxes.
Wrong. Corporate taxes are on profits not sales. Goods are priced to maximize pre-tax profit.
Same with raising wages, raise the cost of labor, the price of goods and services go up to cover the additional expense.
Unless competitive pressure is such that you don't have to pricing power to pass along additional labor costs.

How does raising the price of goods and services help the poor and middleclass?
How does raising their wage help the poor and middle class.
Because they are constantly cutting their own taxes?

Wrong. Corporate taxes are on profits not sales. Goods are priced to maximize pre-tax profit.

Unless competitive pressure is such that you don't have to pricing power to pass along additional labor costs.

How does raising their wage help the poor and middle class.

Because they are constantly cutting their own taxes?
Just out of curiosity how much experience do you have running a business?

Just out of curiosity how much experience do you have running a business?
Loads

And I am actually for a 0% corporate tax rate, not for reasons only stupid children would cite like "it makes goods and services more expensive" but actual true reasons like "it distorts capital structure and reduces investment rather than consumption"

Have you ever signed on the line on a business return? Serious question because this response ignores the mechanics of how business taxes are calculated. As much as rates could use some alignment to global standards, the goofy loopholes must be addressed as well.
I agree, but that's not the argument Dems are selling. The Dem plan just creates more loopholes (for specific unions and other blue-state specials) while raising base corporate rate all while whining in the media about corps that don't pay taxes.

On my 60 question M test was this directive. Define math's simplest equation.

2012Bearcat once posted the axiom on these pages. I know who would score higher between 2012Bearcat and his opponent on my test. Both shout it to me with virtually every post they author.

On my 60 question M test was this directive. Define math's simplest equation.

2012Bearcat once posted the axiom on these pages. I know who would score higher between 2012Bearcat and his opponent on my test. Both shout it to me with virtually every post they author.

This 60-question test…have you ever posted it here?

Loads

And I am actually for a 0% corporate tax rate, not for reasons only stupid children would cite like "it makes goods and services more expensive" but actual true reasons like "it distorts capital structure and reduces investment rather than consumption"
I think I see where you are going here. Definitely would invest time and adult beverages to hear more.

Loads

Any impact on wages or shareholders?

This 60-question test…have you ever posted it here?
No. That was years ago. I've tested a number of times since. It's sort of a hobby.

I select certain questions. Questions to measure one's ability to reason only.

I won't ask, how many degrees in a triangle? google is at hand and will answer.

I've asked, Are there any among us who have a fear of heights? iasooner2000 answered correctly on these pages. soonerinlOUisuiana answered correctly at the old SoonerSpinZone..

Name a month which every 4 years has 29 days. Tulsaaggieson answered this directive correctly on these pages.

launch and driad were born April 26, 1982 at 5:10 AM and 46 seconds. Which one is older? I answered this question on these pages and my 60 question test session.

Unless our slow 5 or 6 got mentioned memos, they can answer none of these questions or directives.

Thank you for asking.

There's sales tax, capital gains, auto registration, boat registration, fuel tax et al dildo- they all add up to a ton- glad you are taking up for big government- it's all you Libturds do anymore
Uh huh. No bet then? We should just settle up on what you owe I suppose….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT